Choosing a toilet.

FlorC

3 minutes ago, FlorC said:

I don't see where they are located on their site.

Never heard of them before.

In my neck of the woods it's only GH & HP and some smaller companies

with limited choice.

Just google Dohome> Stores> locations....

1 hour ago, transam said:

Just google Dohome> Stores> locations....

Closest " Chiang mai or Phitsanulok.

May go see there next month , but far to transport a heavy toilet.

45 minutes ago, Denim said:

Keep it simple. Go for something bog standard.

Bog standard  are the ugly ones that are not great to clean but simple enough to get repared when bad water make them leak.

10 hours ago, FlorC said:

I'm not joking here with this subject.

Going to Global house or HomePro , there must be 50 toilets or more to choose from.
Of the nicer looking (and more expensive ) ones , many of them have smaller bowls . What really stuns me is that the bottom part is very narrow , like 8 cm or so and then a hole of maybe 5-6 cm to go down the drain. So different from the toilet I have now , where it is much wider , especially the shute to go to the drain.

If you have a big , harder "load" , there is no way it is going to get flushed away. Same for to much TP. With a small bowl there is not much space to use the bun gun without making a mess.
So Thais have much smaller " loads"  than us ?

How to choose the best toilet . I mean you think to get a nice one installed and it doesn't flush well , a quick and easy replace is not posible and the connection with the drain pipe is not flexible and probably differs from toilet to toilet. 

I can't find on a DDG search good pictures , to show exactly how those toilet look like .

The throat opening at the bottom where waste goes down is the most important. Too small like you describe and you have clogging issues. Find one with the biggest opening.  They also make power assist toilet that use compressed air to push the waste down. More expensive but they work great. Then look at height of the seat for comfort. Throw in a washlet instead of the seat and Bobs your uncle. 

Edited by Dan O
Spelling