Marriage extensions - Kror Ror 22 copy needs to be recent?

37 minutes ago, circa02 said:
50 minutes ago, TPDH said:

When getting a new print/copy of the Kror Ror 22, can you do so at any Amphur or does it have to be a specific one (for example where you first went to register the marriage)?

Any

It seems that the Amphurs have the best central computer system of any govt. officials, even when we die your death will be registered with them. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, circa02 said:

Not my experience last week.  We used one that was several weeks old at SP. it's hard to imagine it was missed, they were very very thorough...

Definitely got barked at for not having it 2 years ago and made sure last year, so Madam will go to amphoe (yes, another poster,ANY amphoe) tomorrow just before we trek to that godawful empty mall in mid-nowhere! Luck of the draw, isn't it.

Seems many on this thread can't see the difference between 22 and 2. It's the latter - or its update - we have been talking about.

8 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

We've been using the same one for 16 years and never been asked for anything else.  Can't understand what this thread is all about ?

Another office thing. I used the same one for many years and then a couple of years ago she handed back the KR2 and said pop down to the Amphur and get a new one.

Sod's law, went to the local  one at Bang Saen and told to come back in about 6 hours, drove the 20 minutes to Chonburi and got it in 10 minutes.

11 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I presume the agent is preparing and presenting all the documents, maybe they are getting a kor ror 2.

Just out of interest, does the agent also take care of the finances ?

I don't think they do that, they don't do it for me as  I have my money in a separate bank account for this.  I know my wife keeps the documents from year to year and we take them to the agent along with a bank statement and new pictures and they do the filing of the papers at immigration. Then get me an appointment to go into immigration and sign everything. I'm in and out in about 20 minutes.

Edited by Tedly
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/21/2023 at 5:28 PM, TPDH said:

Hey

When you apply for the 60 day extension and later on the 1 year extension based on marriage, do you need a recent Kror Ror 22 copy/recent print from their registry? I got one copy which is probably 1-2 years old and hoping that will work. 

According to Phuket Immigration Volunteers web page, in the case of Phuket, the Kor-22 shall be a maximum of 180-days old (when applying in Phuket for an extension on one's permission to stay for reason of marriage).

On 8/21/2023 at 6:01 PM, MJCM said:

Buriram is even asking for same day ones, but it was always accepted with ones that are 1 day old (got it the previous day before going to Immigration) so YMMV

First time we went to Chaiyaphum they wanted same day.......since then we've got one maybe up to a week old and they have never said anything.

The OP is,asking two questions. Neither can be answered with total accuracy until the location of his IO is known.

What I can say from my experience of Buriram office...

1. I've never known a KR2 being needed for a 60 day extension.

2. Different stories for 1 year. Some say same day, some say 24 hrs old is OK.

I asked the officer at my local Amphur, how long the KR2 is valid for. He said, 1 month from day of issue.

However, each individual Immigration officer will apply their own rules.

My wife gets a new one every year just before my extension is due.