Marriage extensions - Kror Ror 22 copy needs to be recent?

Hey

When you apply for the 60 day extension and later on the 1 year extension based on marriage, do you need a recent Kror Ror 22 copy/recent print from their registry? I got one copy which is probably 1-2 years old and hoping that will work. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TPDH said:

Hey

When you apply for the 60 day extension and later on the 1 year extension based on marriage, do you need a recent Kror Ror 22 copy/recent print from their registry? I got one copy which is probably 1-2 years old and hoping that will work. 

Doubt it, the KR2 is PROOF you are still married, Mrs. T goes the day before to get an up to date one.......

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Buriram is even asking for same day ones, but it was always accepted with ones that are 1 day old (got it the previous day before going to Immigration) so YMMV

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ExpatOilWorker said:

What is a Kror Ror 22?

I have done many marriage extensions and only show the original wedding certificate and the wife at CW.

KR 2 is actual proof you are still married. You get it at the place Thais get their ID cards done, think 20 bht a hit.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

What is a Kror Ror 22?

I have done many marriage extensions and only show the original wedding certificate and the wife at CW.

The Kor Ror 22 is the foreign marriage registry. With it and your foreign marriage certificate you can do anything you need to do at immigration

link. 

Just now, ExpatOilWorker said:

Ahh, so it is only a requirement if you have a non-Thai registered marriage, right?

No, farangy married to a Thai, SHE goes and gets the KR2................It can be obtained at any ID office, you and her are in their system, if you divorce, the system is updated..

• Thumbs Up 1

I would always get a new KR 22 each year but this year at Chiang Mai I was told that it was no longer required to have a new one each year.  When I asked at what time a new one was required  I never really received a tangibly answer.  I will probably still get a new one each year just in case they change their minds.

Edited by GregTN
Mistake
  • Thumbs Up 1

Note for those who are unaware: the KR2 and KR22 are different. If you married in Thailand, you will get a KR2 which confirms that you are still married. If you married abroad, but subsequently registered your marriage in Thailand, you only get a KR22. This does not guarantee that you are not divorced, but Immigration tend to accept it.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, TPDH said:

Hey

At my IO it has to be dated the same day as the application.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Tedly said:

I just did my third extension and have used the same original one every time. I do use an agent, whether that makes a difference I don't know.

I presume the agent is preparing and presenting all the documents, maybe they are getting a kor ror 2.

Just out of interest, does the agent also take care of the finances ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GregTN said:

I would always get a new KR 22 each year but this year at Chiang Mai I was told that it was no longer required to have a new one each year.  When I asked at what time a new one was required  I never really received a tangibly answer.  I will probably still get a new one each year just in case they change their minds.

We've been using the same one for 16 years and never been asked for anything else.  Can't understand what this thread is all about ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GregTN said:

I did my marriage extension at CM about 3 weeks ago with a 2 year old KR 2 (not a KR 22) with no problems what do ever.

In fact 2 years ago the immigration officer we dealt with actually gave me back to original stamped copy and told me go and photocopy it and keep the original for the following year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Ahh, so it is only a requirement if you have a non-Thai registered marriage, right?

No its for all married to a Thai, it is basically to prove you are still married and not divorced, you can obtain one from any Amphur office for about 20b in about 15min. You need one every year when making an extension, Trat must be same day. 

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

No its for all married to a Thai, it is basically to prove you are still married and not divorced, you can obtain one from any Amphur office for about 20b in about 15min. You need one every year when making an extension, Trat must be same day. 

Yikes. Why can't they just standardize on requirements, on what planet does having it same day make any difference, especially given you've got ~30 days of processing to wait to. I was annoyed as hell trying to find a passbook updating machine that was accessible early morning last time round, but adding this takes the biscuit. It sounds like they just dont want to do any marriage extension work till the afternoon

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, circa02 said:

Yikes. Why can't they just standardize on requirements, on what planet does having it same day make any difference, especially given you've got ~30 days of processing to wait to. I was annoyed as hell trying to find a passbook updating machine that was accessible early morning last time round, but adding this takes the biscuit. It sounds like they just dont want to do any marriage extension work till the afternoon

Because you maybe divorced and applying for a visa, it covers a possible loophole from naughty farangy's...

Seeing as you do not have to go and get a KR2, your Mrs. does, what is the big problem...?  ????

• Thumbs Up 1