What's the current situation when you don't pay a traffic ticket(Pattaya)?

gargamon

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Since April\May the system is connected with the tax\insurance system so it will be picked up at renewal, plus meant to be a point system

Tax/insurance for renewing your license plate? If only renting then no problem? 

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

if renting, not sure, have they got your credit card? if not, by the time they find out it's too late most likely

That implies that the owner/renter of the vehicle is responsible for the tickets of whoever is driving the vehicle. Correct? 

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Rider is responsible, rent company will pass on if possible, same everywhere in the world

Thanks. It's always good to know how things work. I guess Thailand is attempting to get closer to the first world. 

Would a ticket for a 1 week expired license also be charged to the owner? The cop was a bit miffed I wouldn't give him the payola. 

Edited by gargamon

24 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Thanks. It's always good to know how things work. I guess Thailand is attempting to get closer to the first world. 

Would a ticket for a 1 week expired license also be charged to the owner? The cop was a bit miffed I wouldn't give him the payola. 

Not sure on that, see what happens or just pay the ticket for peace of mind. i wouldn't pay off the cops also, encourages them to keep doing it.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Rider is responsible, rent company will pass on if possible, same everywhere in the world

Actually I believe this is only the case for photo tickets. I don't know of any county that makes the vehicle owner responsible for an in person ticket.