Problems with Sound and Vibration on Samsung Smartphone.

NoshowJones

If you go to the Sounds and Vibration in the Settings part of the Samsung, you have Sound, Vibrate and Mute. I keep my phone on Sound, but I am missing some calls because the sound button keeps moving to the Vibrate button. This is happening very regularly. any explanations for this?

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

If you go to the Sounds and Vibration in the Settings part of the Samsung, you have Sound, Vibrate and Mute. I keep my phone on Sound, but I am missing some calls because the sound button keeps moving to the Vibrate button. This is happening very regularly. any explanations for this?

Have you inadvertently switched on a timed do not disturb setting?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Have you inadvertently switched on a timed do not disturb setting?

No, I have had this phone for about two months and this has only started in the past week. but I will check it out, thanks for trying to help.

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Seriously!!!! Take it to a Samsung, or any phone shop and demonstrate what is happening. 

I can't, if it kept happening all the time I could take it to the Samsung shop. I could get a few calls and it is fine then almost every day at some point it will change from sound to vibrate, then the call would only ring on vibrate.

20 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

No, I have had this phone for about two months and this has only started in the past week. but I will check it out, thanks for trying to help.

Did you install any apps around the time it started happening?

Its a Samsung and they have several issues like this across a number of models. I have the same issue with the sound vibrate issue too. I also have a problem with the lighted screen changing settings that have nothing to do with the auto brightness adjustment and also have a problem answering incoming calls. They are a buggy phone in my opinion and I tend to not use it too much and use my other phone. 

• Haha 1

Which Samsung model is this?

The suggestion to check your do not disturb settings is a good one, the only other way to change sound/vibrate/silent settings automatically that I can think of is via a Bixby routine.

18 hours ago, Stocky said:

Which Samsung model is this?

The suggestion to check your do not disturb settings is a good one, the only other way to change sound/vibrate/silent settings automatically that I can think of is via a Bixby routine.

I checked do not disturb, it is off. I don't understand Bixby routine.

4 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Had Samsung phones for years and never had a problem.

Likewise and currently have a Galaxy A53 5G which behaves itself perfectly.

4 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I don't understand Bixby routine.

Neither do I, but you can get it to automate stuff things like switch to vibrate at certain times or in certain circumstances. Not all of the Samsung range have Bixby, mine does but I don't use it.

Edited by Stocky
  • Thanks 1