Thailand, via China

Nick Carter icp

Has anyone recently flown to Thailand via China on the various Chinese airlines ?

There seems to be cheap flights available with a stop over in China , but there seems to be a contradiction in flight requirements .

Some sites say you need a Covid vaccination certificate and some say you just need a self test or insurance.

Self tests are not dated and they aren't attached to the person , so anyone could take the test .

Has anyone flown via China recently and what are the current requirements ?

11 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Some sites are outdated.

Maybe call the airline, or at least check the airport websites.

The airline sites seem to be updated, but they are rather vague .

*A self Covid test is required, but no one will check it , just have one in case its asked for by someone" sort of thing

4 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Then that is what you should do.

Pick up a couple ATK tests at the 7-11.

Do a test morning of flight.  Take photo with cellphone.

Have a spare test in your carry on, 'cause why not.

https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/passenger-guide/COVID19.page

My concern is that if I were to test positive on the day of the flight , then I wouldn't be able to get on the flight and that would ruin my trip and also I may not be able to get a refund .

The tickets may be cheap , but it could end up being more expensive if you need to pay twice  

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

My concern is that if I were to test positive on the day of the flight , then I wouldn't be able to get on the flight and that would ruin my trip and also I may not be able to get a refund .

The tickets may be cheap , but it could end up being more expensive if you need to pay twice  

There be insurance for that.

19 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Has anyone recently flown to Thailand via China on the various Chinese airlines ?

There seems to be cheap flights available with a stop over in China , but there seems to be a contradiction in flight requirements .

Some sites say you need a Covid vaccination certificate and some say you just need a self test or insurance.

Self tests are not dated and they aren't attached to the person , so anyone could take the test .

Has anyone flown via China recently and what are the current requirements ?

Apart from the covid aspect I think you have to apply for visa free transit if using Chinese mainland, HK is ok.