Civil servant files complaint to Hua Hin Police over fake Facebook profiles

webfact

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Time to close down Fakebook and TikTok.

Too many scams originate there.

Both are very poorly monitored/censored.

FB has nearly 3 billion users. How do you suggest they monitor each one? Or do you think that 2.95 billion users should be denied the platform because of a few million people who misuse it? BTW, the problems on FB don't originate with FB, they originate from the people who corrupt it. As humans manage to corrupt so much else. People send scam emails. Should we shut down email too? What's the difference? Twitter/X as well, as a tiny percentage of users send hate mail and death threats. It's people at fault, not the platforms they use.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, BMW Overlander said:

Use your brain and just a bit of common sense before posting a claptrap.

In contrast to overruling election results shutting down FB, Insta, TikTok etc. WOULD lead to uprising and riots ????

Edited by KhunBENQ

23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

FB has nearly 3 billion users. How do you suggest they monitor each one? Or do you think that 2.95 billion users should be denied the platform because of a few million people who misuse it? BTW, the problems on FB don't originate with FB, they originate from the people who corrupt it. As humans manage to corrupt so much else. People send scam emails. Should we shut down email too? What's the difference? Twitter/X as well, as a tiny percentage of users send hate mail and death threats. It's people at fault, not the platforms they use.

The "billion" users can be reduced to a mere thousand users "Per country" and these can than easily be monitored by local Administrators.
Facebook, and other big social media companies, are not going broke by appointing a few moderators in each country.
Also, when someone file a report about an account, this should be taken seriously and not waved away by an AI reader.
Facebook is fast enough to take down abuse when offending the Facebook rules.
Best way to start this is by blocking Facebook if they don't want to follow the rules.

17 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

The "billion" users can be reduced to a mere thousand users "Per country" and these can than easily be monitored by local Administrators.
Facebook, and other big social media companies, are not going broke by appointing a few moderators in each country.
Also, when someone file a report about an account, this should be taken seriously and not waved away by an AI reader.
Facebook is fast enough to take down abuse when offending the Facebook rules.
Best way to start this is by blocking Facebook if they don't want to follow the rules.

When a fake profile is set up - which is what this thread is about - and then reported, it is removed very quickly. And you completely ignored what I said about other platforms being as bad or worse than FB. I wonder why you think that only FB be blocked, and not emails because they have scams too, or Twitter/X because they have people there sending death threats. I assume, although you didn't say, you believe that email and Twitter/X should be blocked too. Otherwise, your only picking on FB makes no sense. Fake ads and spam on FB means it must be blocked, but death threats and spam on other platforms are okay?

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

When a fake profile is set up - which is what this thread is about - and then reported, it is removed very quickly. And you completely ignored what I said about other platforms being as bad or worse than FB. I wonder why you think that only FB be blocked, and not emails because they have scams too, or Twitter/X because they have people there sending death threats. I assume, although you didn't say, you believe that email and Twitter/X should be blocked too. Otherwise, your only picking on FB makes no sense. Fake ads and spam on FB means it must be blocked, but death threats and spam on other platforms are okay?

I said very clear that my response was addressed to all social media, including emails.

But you failed to read that too.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I reported a few times the "Diesel Brothers" for forging accounts and I received every time a message that their message was not against the facesh..I rules.

35 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I said very clear that my response was addressed to all social media, including emails.

But you failed to read that too.

I apologise for not reading something that isn't there. I can see nowhere above that you have said other companies as well as FB should be blocked. The only reference to others I can see is Facebook, and other big social media companies, are not going broke by appointing a few moderators in each country.
So perhaps you can point out to me where you did so. As it isn't, as you claim, very clear. Thank you.

44 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I reported a few times the "Diesel Brothers" for forging accounts and I received every time a message that their message was not against the facesh..I rules.

Forging - putting up a fake profile - is not messaging, so I have no idea what you are talking about. A profile is not a message. You appear to be confused.