Recommendations for hanging guitars on walls made of breeze blocks.

Purdey

The room with my guitars and computers is getting cluttered and I want to hang the two electric guitars (including one really heavy Gibson, and one acoustic guitar on a wall to get them off the floor and out of the way and yet close at hand to use whenever the mood takes me. The big problem is, I understand that the walls are not made of bricks but of breeze blocks, which are perhaps a bit weaker. I really don't know. 

My questions are, does anyone have experience in hanging guitars on a wall made of breeze blocks, and which brand of guitar hooks are especially good for this? Is there any other way of doing it?

Thanks in advance. 

Image result for hanging guitars on walls made from breezeblocks

Example taken from the web.

2 minutes ago, Purdey said:

The room with my guitars and computers is getting cluttered and I want to hang the two electric guitars (including one really heavy Gibson, and one acoustic guitar on a wall to get them off the floor and out of the way and yet close at hand to use whenever the mood takes me. The big problem is, I understand that the walls are not made of bricks but of breeze blocks, which are perhaps a bit weaker. I really don't know. 

My questions are, does anyone have experience in hanging guitars on a wall made of breeze blocks, and which brand of guitar hooks are especially good for this? Is there any other way of doing it?

Thanks in advance. 

Image result for hanging guitars on walls made from breezeblocks

Example taken from the web.

use anchors, its not racquet science

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Apologies that I don't have more specific guidance like brands, but I'd just get on Lazada and search for "guitar hooks" and "screw anchors" or "concrete screw anchors".

Even if you don't buy from Lazada, you can print pictures of what you want to wander around and search locally.  That's the kind of project for which I used to love scrounging around Chinatown's hardware sections.  Blocks and blocks of hardware.

Edit:  If you do buy from Lazada, make sure your purchase will be sourced locally and not "overseas" or you may be waiting awhile.  Not too long, but awhile.

Edited by impulse

• 4 months later...