Looking for school for 9yrs old daughter

Gerjan

I am seeking suitable educational opportunities for my 9-year-old daughter, who will turn 10 in February. It is imperative that she receives physical schooling to further her education.

I would like to know whether it would be possible for my daughter to enroll in English (or Dutch) classes at a school in Bangkok. Her attendance would commence in the second semester, starting either in January or February 2024.

Additionally, I would greatly appreciate if someone could provide information regarding the tuition fees applicable for a six-month period.

Most international schools are too expensive for us. My Dutch employer is willing to pay a maximum amount of 200.000 Baht. 

Does anyone in this group can give me some advice?

Your help is really appreciated!

Thanks a lot

Regards Gerjan Kelder

Welcome Gerjan,

Just to clarify a few things first:

1. "English (or Dutch) classes" meaning just the language? e.g. ESL (English as a second language) or do you mean all subjects in English (or Dutch?)

2. Your employer is willing to pay 200,000 (two hundred thousand) Baht for the six months?

3. How much are you willing to pay on top of that?

4. Bangkok is huge, which area would you be living in?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just send her to a reputable Thai school that has English as a second language and hire a tutor for the Dutch language skills. Your employer is giving more than most. If you can’t find what you’re looking for within that budget you will just have to pay the difference. 

22 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Welcome Gerjan,

Just to clarify a few things first:

1. "English (or Dutch) classes" meaning just the language? e.g. ESL (English as a second language) or do you mean all subjects in English (or Dutch?)

2. Your employer is willing to pay 200,000 (two hundred thousand) Baht for the six months?

3. How much are you willing to pay on top of that?

4. Bangkok is huge, which area would you be living in?

@Gerjan Before anyone can help you, other than throwing out wild comment, you should help 'us' but answering the above questions. Otherwise, just wasting time.

2 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

@Gerjan Before anyone can help you, other than throwing out wild comment, you should help 'us' but answering the above questions. Otherwise, just wasting time.

Correct... with a 9 year old myself, like many posters we could offer excellent advice.

But, if the Op can't even be bothered to provide basic information how can we and why should we try?

• 1 month later...

They're all the same from the cheapest to the most expensive.  They all have to meet the same standards.  The actual classwork at school is useless anyway.  You will need to sit down with her at home and go thought the material again.

Edited by Chris Daley