Jesus Hit Me Like An Atom Bomb

LaosLover

On 8/25/2023 at 11:31 PM, LaosLover said:

Jevohah's Witnesses, tho, not exactly known for killer tunes.

Apart from the many negative aspects of religion, most of the art I like has roots in it, just like most of the music I like. The search to know the spirit is eternal.

What spirit?  I just want to be a good person.
Religion is evil.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 10:31 AM, LaosLover said:

Jevohah's Witnesses, tho, not exactly known for killer tunes.

Apart from the many negative aspects of religion, most of the art I like has roots in it, just like most of the music I like. The search to know the spirit is eternal.

Is that the religion where the god arrives on Earth via a spaceship? Nuff said. 

As Buddha said, "acquaint the heart with wisdom".

Here's a song they still sing down the road from where I used to live -made famous from the film Brother, Where Art Thou.  I don't want to be a southern baptist, I think they are troglodytes. 

But I like accessing that emotional state. Like you said, the music is a conduit for that.

That is one of the main problem with diversity.

We had gotten rid of such delusions like a God or a Jesus, and these people are bringing it back. Low IQ and low knowledge people, easy to brainwash with repeating the same delusional words over and over.

They get to strongly believe in it....

1 minute ago, Andre0720 said:

We had gotten rid of such delusions like a God or a Jesus,

Yeah, but no.

I am a spiritual tourist, I like a little Allison Krause mixed in with my meditation process, and a little Sufi poetry in the mix. YOU don't want any of that. Fair enough.

99% of the people who do a 10 day silent meditation retreat in Thailand never meditate again. Did they waste their time?

I say no. You say yes.

32 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Yeah, but no.

I am a spiritual tourist, I like a little Allison Krause mixed in with my meditation process, and a little Sufi poetry in the mix. YOU don't want any of that. Fair enough.

99% of the people who do a 10 day silent meditation retreat in Thailand never meditate again. Did they waste their time?

I say no. You say yes.

The way I see it, is that meditation is in no way related to delusions, like God or Jesus.

I studied meditation practices, and I think that they are good for the mind and spirit.

I studied Buddhism, and I thought that this was such a great belief system. So I was thrilled to come to Thailand, where that belief system was part of the culture.

So I was surprised to see no such thing here as the Buddhism found in textbooks.

I saw mainly selfishness, lack of emotional control, irresponsibility, and so on.

The way I see it

The way I see it, you're in the wrong goddamned thread.

THIS thread is about the genius of gospel music -and the people who love it (not that many) or who love inspirational-type rock (a few).

Complaining about lord-lovers in general would be a good OTHER thread for you to start.

I broadly agree with you, but:

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

The way I see it, you're in the wrong goddamned thread.

THIS thread is about the genius of gospel music -and the people who love it (not that many) or who love inspirational-type rock (a few).

Complaining about lord-lovers in general would be a good OTHER thread for you to start.

I broadly agree with you, but:

"The way I see it, you're in the wrong goddamned thread. "

The way I see it, you should calm down, take some deep breaths, clear your mind, so you can get a small understanding of meditation. Which may I point out, you brought in this topic...

• Haha 1

"The way I see it, you're in the wrong goddamned thread. "

The way I see it, you should calm down, take some deep breaths, clear your mind, so you can get a small understanding of meditation. Which may I point out, you brought in this topic...

As long as I'm here, the Bible thumpers where I come from feared meditation.

Quieting the mind = lubing up for Satan. The cure: more Jesus-praise. If you're praisin', you're c-blocking The Beast.

If people on that wave length are writing killer songs and busting blood vessels singing them, I want in.