Does deleting a Google account affect the apps download via Google apps?

lungbing

I recently bought a new phone and created a new Google account  for use on that phone alone.

I don't use the associated gmail address or anything else so that Google account just

sits there.  If I delete that account does it in anyway affect the apps I've downloaded.  None of the

apps were bought, all were free downloads from the Google app store.  But as two of them are my banking apps

I'm a tad worried.

1 hour ago, lungbing said:

I recently bought a new phone and created a new Google account  for use on that phone alone.

I don't use the associated gmail address or anything else so that Google account just

sits there.  If I delete that account does it in anyway affect the apps I've downloaded.  None of the

apps were bought, all were free downloads from the Google app store.  But as two of them are my banking apps

I'm a tad worried.

While I can’t comment directly on the exact question, I can tell you that there is certainly a possibility that you may have problems updating the downloaded apps in the future.

I have at least 3 accounts on my phone that have downloaded apps they use the Apple App Store in different countries I am occasionally required to use the credentials associated with the account that downloaded that particular app even though it is available in the App Store of another account, this is irrespective the fact that I am not logged into the App Store the app needs to update.

So an app downloaded using a Japanese based account will occasionally require the Japanese App Store credentials, and will not update using a U.K. account. 

If Google has similar restrictions the deleting the account from the phone is no problem but delegating the complete account is a possible bad idea.

NB this is a rather rare requirement even though I have upwards of 470 app’s currently on my iPad with another 500 or 600 on my account but not installed.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

1 hour ago, lungbing said:

I'm a tad worried.

You can delete the account and it won't matter but the information doesn't disappear. If you want to use a google service after that, you'll just be asked to sign in. Deleting the account is the equivalent of logging off in other words.

Edited by jaywalker2
add information
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whatever is on your phone will remain on your phone. Without the Google account you will not be able to access the Play store. You will not be able to receive updates via the Play store.

Delete old accounts. That also deletes your personal data. Don't just abandon.

Edited by Jelli

12 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

NB this is a rather rare requirement even though I have upwards of 470 app’s currently on my iPad with another 500 or 600 on my account but not installed.

WHY?

12 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So many apps on your phone.

13 hours ago, KannikaP said:

WHY?

Having had iPads for about 11 years, Apple having released commercial apps weekly for free, having needed to many different apps for teaching purposes, and having spent considerable time in 3 countries and needing others for short visits the number grows, so absolutely yes because I can

I have 30 Google Accounts (Gmail accounts), 8 of which are named after planets, plus Pluto, and various other names.

I use them all from my Android phone.

I can receive notifications from all of these accounts on my phone, such as for incoming emails, etc.

However, I need to login to only one account at a time on my phone, for purposes of things like Google play.

If I logout of all accounts on my phone, then I am not able to use Google Play, for example.

You can get rid of Google on your Android phone by installing Linux on the phone, but I have no reason to do so.

For uploading photos to one of these Google Accounts, or another, I just login, using Google Photos to one of my Gmail accounts, and then upload, and same with Google Drive, etc.

Nothing is going to happen if you just logout of a Google Account, or all Google Accounts on your Android phone.

The data remains. But, you won't be able to use the apps, such as Gmail or Photos, as I have just stated.

Why would you want to use your phone without a Google Account, anyway?

The reason you login to a Google Account is so that you can use the apps which are connected to Google's servers.

And, how are you going to use Google Play Store if you do not login to Play Store with a Google account?

((I think that you can "register" up to 12 Google Gmail accounts on my Note4, so that I can quickly switch between these 12 accounts easily.  BUT, as I say, I have 30 Gmail accounts.  This means, after hitting the 12 registered accounts limit, then if I add one more account, I would probably "deregister one account", if the maximum on my Android OS is actually 12 accounts.))

ALL of the above has been covered by many websites, such as AndroidauthorityDOTcom  .

And, if you want to read about this question, you can go to this webpage...

https://www.androidauthority.com/how-many-google-accounts-3060971/

PLEASE NOTE: There is a difference between a Gmail account and a Google Account, as follows

image.png.1ef3281359b61e64b1b21e6d2acbfe3f.png

image.png.bfdee9653c89667cd523e45063a8a208.png

So, Anyway, as I say, I have 30+ Google Accounts, and 30+ Gmail accounts to go with them, of course. 

All the accounts are working accounts.  However, in the near future, I will need to remind myself to use all these accounts in order to prevent deletion of any of these accounts.

Why do I have so many Google Accounts?

Because, this is just about the only good/great thing that is free in life.

And, I want to get the most out of it.

I often contact people using different accounts, just to keep them on their toes.

I love Google.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 8/27/2023 at 11:42 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Why would you want to use your phone without a Google Account, anyway?

The reason you login to a Google Account is so that you can use the apps which are connected to Google's servers.

I know your question is rhetorical (well I hope so) but some people don't want to have anything, or as little as is possible, to do with Google and their rapacious need for your data.

There are options regarding the second point.

And, how are you going to use Google Play Store if you do not login to Play Store with a Google account?

I have happily not done so in the past. Or you can use Aurora Store as one example which pulls from Play Store "anonymously"......

I love Google.

I don't. :thumbsup: