Residency certificate at CW?

JohnOFphon

Next month I'm going to CW for annual Extension of stay, and while there I want to get a residency cert to get an International driving permit.

I go to Bang Chat land office.

What do I need to show , and is there a form I can download and fill in ahead of time?

I am in no hurry, so if I have to wait a day or more, no problem.

Thanks for the help.

On 8/29/2023 at 8:42 AM, JohnOFphon said:

I am in no hurry, so if I have to wait a day or more, no problem.

At BKK CW, they won't issue the CoR to you on the spot... You apply there,  and if accepted, they'll mail it to you by EMS, usually within two weeks or less of your visit...

But be aware, the DLT usually wants the CoR when you apply for a DL to be pretty recent. So you need to be careful how you time the issue date of your CoR and your visit to DLT.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CecilM said:

I’m curious what you need an Int’l Driver’s License for. (I was always under the assumption that holiday car rental agencies are content with your regular license.)

I want to rent a car in Las Vegas for 3 or 4 days. My Nevada State drivers license expired a year ago.

The rental company wants an International license.

27 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

I want to rent a car in Las Vegas for 3 or 4 days. My Nevada State drivers license expired a year ago.

The rental company wants an International license.

One can’t get an Int’l License without a valid license. (An Int’l License is just an official translation of your license.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I had to make an appointment at Bang Chak (dlt 3) i am not sure they are doing walk ins for foreigners(i tried early July), i tried to renew my driving license and was given an appointment 8 weeks later.  they never answered the phone so went hoping to do on the day.

• Sad 1

You need a Thai driver's license. The International License is just a translation into English which is not a license in itself and would NOT BE REQUIRED in the U.S. because the Thai driver's license has English included on the license.  There is both a federal law and state law that covers this. When I drive in the U.S. I keep a copy of the Fed and state code in my glove box just incase of some unknowing police man harasses me.

I have renewed my Thai license many times. The CofR was easy. I just walked into the immigration office that granted my visa. I filled out a form, paid a few hundred baht, and they gave it to me in minutes. I don't know why you are having problems. Good luck.