Chaeng Wattana Certificate of Residence Report 27/07/2022

thanks for the report. I need a couple CORs from CW too and wasn't 100% sure of the requirements.

now for the hard part... getting to CW from my condo in Lumphini instead of heading to Patpong 2 every day ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

thanks for the report. I need a couple CORs from CW too and wasn't 100% sure of the requirements.

now for the hard part... getting to CW from my condo in Lumphini instead of heading to Patpong 2 every day ????

That easy you make a left down Rama 4 to the express way not a right up towards Surawong....lol

Let's face it, they could just print it right there and then and hand it to you, instead of going through the EMS delivery process. THAT would be a great experience.

That's especially true for Bangkok, where they only issue CoRs to those who've done a 90-day report there, so their full address details are already in their system. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Caldera said:

That's especially true for Bangkok, where they only issue CoRs to those who've done a 90-day report there, so their full address details are already in their system. 

You have just pointed something out that I never thought about...

So when I obtained my residence certificate from MTT (at the time) they wanted one thing.

My 90 day report.

No lease, no TM30 nothing.

Just the 90 report.

Logic suggests that if that's all that was asked for then why can't we just use out 90 day report.

I must be missing something.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

How long after the day you apply are the COR's delivered?

If you pay for two, do they both came in the same enclosure? Or separately.

And they are good for 30 days, I think. Does that start the day you apply? Or sometime between the day you apply and the day the "process" and mail it?

I think EMS would only take two days max.

On 7/29/2022 at 1:35 PM, Caldera said:

Let's face it, they could just print it right there and then and hand it to you, instead of going through the EMS delivery process. THAT would be a great experience.

Immigration have only my postal address xxx/xxx ??? Road Ampur, district & province. This was not good enough for CoR application needed name of estate,as well as name of soi/moo

• 2 weeks later...

I visited Imm/CW THU 24/11 ~ 13:00 in order to get two CORs for DLs renewal.

Imm. was absolutely heaving, I have never seen it so busy, perhaps as result of having been closed the previous week for three days.

Anyway, after what seemed like 500 people queued from the morning session filed in I made my way to the COR/document check counter. My documents were checked, re-ordered, stapled and I was given number B1-48, which was immediately called. Processing took ~ 5 minutes and I was given the EMS tracking number.

The CORs arrived in one envelope today, Bangkok 10110. So 7/8 days.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

I have a new 90 day Non O visa... issued 60 days before I will visit to extend the Non O to one year.

I haven't done a 90 day report yet.

I do have a current..up todate...TM30.

I need 1 COR. I will apply on the day I go to extend.

I will have copied. passport front page and the new extend to stay. And a copy of my TM 30.

I hope that is enough,....

Edited by JohnOFphon

9 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

I have a new 90 day Non O visa... issued 60 days before I will visit to extend the Non O to one year.

I haven't done a 90 day report yet.

I do have a current..up todate...TM30.

I will have copied. passport front page and the new extend to stay. And a copy of my TM 30.

If you are applying in Bangkok at CW you need to show your last 90 day report or they will not process it

Edited by howerde
text

16 hours ago, howerde said:

If you are applying in Bangkok at CW you need to show your last 90 day report or they will not process it

My last 90 day report was done with my canceled Non O A.

I came in visa exempt and converted to Non O..40 days ago...so..no 90 day report done since re+entering 

So much BS with TI

16 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

You do not need a certificate of residence to apply for a 12 month extension a TM30 should be sufficient at CW.

However you need much more than what you list.

eg... photocopies of various pages of pp.

Proof of financials (800k in Thai bank account seasoned for 2 months) 

Bank letter.

Updated bank book on day of application also make a transaction (small deposit)

Map of location of where you live in Bangkok..

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You do not need a certificate of residence to apply for a 12 month extension a TM30 should be sufficient at CW.

However you need much more than what you list.

eg... photocopies of various pages of pp.

Proof of financials (800k in Thai bank account seasoned for 2 months) 

Bank letter.

Updated bank book on day of application also make a transaction (small deposit)

Map of location of where you live in Bangkok..

COR to apply for a International driving permit....I have everything for the extension which I will obtain before going over to the COR desk.....Thanks  for your reply anyway..

1 minute ago, JohnOFphon said:

COR to apply for a International driving permit....I have everything for the extension which I will obtain before going over to the COR desk.....Thanks  for your reply anyway..

Was not aware of the TDL.

Interested to see how that pans out. 

Your first 12 month extension starts your 90 day clock however you will not have a TM47 receipt to give the io for your certificate of residence.

CW are strict on this.

Hopefully seeing your 12 month extension in place will be enough.

A lease (if you have one) might be helpful. 

2 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

My last 90 day report was done with my canceled Non O A.

I came in visa exempt and converted to Non O..40 days ago...so..no 90 day report done since re+entering 

So much BS with TI

If there is an old 90 day report, then they should accept it(but it can simply be down to the immigration officers mood) print it out/ or take the old one, don't point out it, they might not notice, there seems to be no consistency  when dealing with any official/non official staff 

1 hour ago, howerde said:

If there is an old 90 day report, then they should accept it

That comment would NOT apply to Chaengwattana. You have to have proof of a current 90 day report <- meaning you have a receipt showing when your NEXT 90 day report is due.

Had someone on a year extension WITH a re-entry permit come back into the country (which resets the 90 day count down) try to get a COR at Section B out at Chaengwattana with the previous 90 day report receipt and they were told; come back after you've filed a new 90 day report.

They charge you 200baht, give you an EMS receipt and mail it to the address you have a TM30 filed under.. You get it in about 5 days

Chaengwattana seems to really be sticklers for the requirements they have set up to issue Certificates of Residence to people.

This is the form and the additional hand out they give you when you want to apply for the resident certificate and even though that "requirements" says "previous" 90 day report receipt they mean one that shows your NEXT 90 day report not one you got earlier but left the country on before it was due ????

COR form.png

requirements for COR.png