Thaksin: Former Thai PM's prison sentence reduced to a year

Social Media

58 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks. Every day Thaksin is in jail is a good day. 

And even if he is in a luxury hospital, it's still considered jail. There are lots of restrictions for him.

I am sure it's a big difference compared to luxury life in the desert.

I hope he really has to stay that year in "jail". Let's see.

Nice bed, tv, food. Tough life

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Flory said:

One year… that rings a bell. Wasn’t something important going to happen in one year…

Perhaps Peua Thai goes along with an extension of the Senate’s term and even allows them to continue voting for PM or Mr. T has an unfortunate “accident” or illness while still in custody? 

It’s hard to put anything past “them” at this point. The whole charade is already so far beyond the pale. Evil doesn’t begin to describe.

Why is it evil?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

15 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Is anybody at all surprised?

After the election theatre this is just another slap in the face for the Thai people and the rule of law 

This bit from the OP is key:

'In response to his request for a royal pardon, the royal gazette on Friday noted his age and "illness". It added that Mr Thaksin "has done good for the country and people and is loyal to the monarchy"

aka 'I promise not to rock the boat in any way and shape and I am happy to stab my supporters in the back if you will let me back to the trough please sir'

Absolutely vomit worthy, absolutely dishonest, absolute betrayal, absolutely expected...

Millions like him. Why do u care?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Social Media said:

Mr Thaksin has always said the outstanding sentences, over charges of corruption and abuse of power, were politically motivated.

Whatever one may think of Thaksin, how impartial can a judgment given under a military regime that overthrew him be?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, BonnieandClyde said:

Thaksin is slippery as an eel... anything is possible when he is around.

Time and again he has done things that we thought impossible, like coming back to Thailand

One has to admire the audacity and professional planning of the elite, Thailand is in safe hands. No bungling Boris or embarrassing Trump here, it is as it is, no explanations needed, the cards have been shuffled the way we want it and we'll be dealing them out shortly.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Your right it affects me personally about zero but it's still hypocrisy of the highest level and I will call it out where I see it online and in life!  

Maybe you struggle to recognise right from wrong, maybe you just don't care, maybe you think anything that makes your life easier is alright no matter the cost, maybe you don't have a set of morals you live to...

What court has convicted him of anything given a fair trial? None.

So basically he is an innocent man accused of some white collar stuff. Pretty much all Thai politicians have been accused of such things.

So your so called high moral standards are chest beating and selecting the highest profile one cause it makes you feel better

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2