Electric motorcycle

chuang

OP, Follow KhunLa post above.

Cheaper models available in a few shops and online Lazada, but the build quality are very low. Batteries need to be replaced within 6 months, if used daily.

Things to check:

Adjustable seat height, else you almost sit on the road.

Easy removable battery to charge indoors.

Working suspension or lack of.

Spare parts, good luck with that.

Former buyer of a 7,000 baht model, and never again

• Like 2

Follow the link that KhunLA included above for a lot more information than you'll get in a new stand alone thread. 

The topic's been nicely discussed over a period of a few years with updates for new brands and new developments.  Excellent reviews of real E-MC's available in Thailand.

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Be aware that electric bikes, which obviously have to be charged, are a fire risk. And if they start burning, then they burn, and burn, and burn.

Very true if Li-Po batteries.  I wouldn't want to leave one out in the sun here!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Be aware that electric bikes, which obviously have to be charged, are a fire risk. And if they start burning, then they burn, and burn, and burn.

There are different types of e-motorcycles/scooter/bikes.

DECO's are all LFP batteries, and yet one to be reported on fire.  With 1000s being sold in TH.

You get what you pay for, and how you maintain it.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Just say No.....Real men dont ride electric bikes.....

No I don't ride bikes not even pillion. I am chauffeured in Thailand in a CRV by my gf..We have a Scoopy and Fiona just checking for e-bikes out of curiosity.. Recently checked Vespa about 130k to 150k not the top , three months waiting time same as Honda lastest Scoopy.

As I said I don't ride bikes buying for my gf.

Probably you will Real men don't ride CRV, they ride 

Ferrari or Lambo...

Grow up..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

I'll tell you what, the next time I put one of our commercial drones up in the rain back home in Blighty, I'll measure them, especially for you! 

No need, I've actually got caught in the rain a couple times, drones & E-MB.  Didn't shrink or explode.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chuang said:

No I don't ride bikes not even pillion. I am chauffeured in Thailand in a CRV by my gf..We have a Scoopy and Fiona just checking for e-bikes out of curiosity.. Recently checked Vespa about 130k to 150k not the top , three months waiting time same as Honda lastest Scoopy.

As I said I don't ride bikes buying for my gf.

Probably you will Real men don't ride CRV, they ride 

Ferrari or Lambo...

Grow up..

If just for the wife, knocking around town, you really need to check out the DECO 2000w motor models.

1000w motor models can be a bit limiting, depending on driving style.

Edited by KhunLA

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If just for the wife, knocking around town, you really need to check out the DECO 2000w motor models.

1000w motor models can be a bit limiting, depending on driving style.

Thanks Khun will check it out..

Also thanks to all who have provided inputs..

• Thumbs Up 1

And....  Honda has announced these models...  which also look quite interesting (if they are selling them in Thailand) As they are 'Honda' I'm assuming we can expect a certain level of quality.

https://autostation.com/motorbike/new-motorbike-international/honda-electrifies-cub-dax-and-zoomer-classic-mopeds-for-chinese-buyers/

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 11.20.42.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

There are different types of e-motorcycles/scooter/bikes.

DECO's are all LFP batteries, and yet one to be reported on fire.  With 1000s being sold in TH.

You get what you pay for, and how you maintain it.

Yes, in part you get what you pay for.

But even high quality products are sometimes not so good.

The problem with these kinds of fires is that the batteries just burn. Fire fighters say they don't even try anymore to extinguish these fires. Let them burn until the end that that's it.

And if the vehicle is somewhere alone on the street, fine. But if it is in a garage together with other vehicles or in the home of people, now that is a bigger risk.

Obviously we all take risks and if people want to buy such things, they should do it. But at least they should be aware of the risks. 

26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

No need, I've actually got caught in the rain a couple times, drones & E-MB.  Didn't shrink or explode.

Interesting comment as there are only a couple of high end drones that are capable of being flown in the rain?  So unless you've been operating a commercial drone operation in the last 2 or so years (when the first IP45 drone was launched), you're obviously telling porkies about the drone?  Now considering the amount of time that you appear to have been in Thailand, I find that very unlikely?  Also when you consider that the price of the most expensive model E-MB that you are promoting here wouldn't even buy a pair of batteries for one of our drones, it kind of puts things into perspective?

I'm not dismissive of E-MBs, although it would take a lot for me to buy one.  I am however somewhat objective to your sarcastic and immediately condescending attitude to someone who may just know actually more about batteries than you do?  Especially as you're obviously telling porkies to further your case?  A bit of basic business advice, telling porkies about anything in life when you're trying to promote something, doesn't exactly bode well for business!

3 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

Interesting comment as there are only a couple of high end drones that are capable of being flown in the rain?  So unless you've been operating a commercial drone operation in the last 2 or so years (when the first IP45 drone was launched), you're obviously telling porkies about the drone?  Now considering the amount of time that you appear to have been in Thailand, I find that very unlikely?  Also when you consider that the price of the most expensive model E-MB that you are promoting here wouldn't even buy a pair of batteries for one of our drones, it kind of puts things into perspective?

I'm not dismissive of E-MBs, although it would take a lot for me to buy one.  I am however somewhat objective to your sarcastic and immediately condescending attitude to someone who may just know actually more about batteries than you do?  Especially as you're obviously telling porkies to further your case?  A bit of basic business advice, telling porkies about anything in life when you're trying to promote something, doesn't exactly bode well for business!

I've built my own & bought a few, 25+.   Didn't say it was a downpour, just a bit of rain.

Does the battery for your drone cost ฿74k, as that was the price of my E-MB.  and you can by waterproof drones quite inexpensively.  The whole drone, not just the battery.  If wanting, how about an IP67 rating.  Better than your IP45

And a spare battery, only cost $130 for the drone below.

You can pay too much if you want, but intelligent people wouldn't ????

SwellPros have been out for more than a few years, since 2014.  Do try to keep with current products.

image.png.78f7f7ee8b3b25365e753bb0eb03450c.png

source

I even modified one of mine from the 'chop shop' to land and take off on water ????

Even got a vid if you wish to see it, post on AN before.

But thanks for calling me a liar.

... and another one on the list

Edited by KhunLA
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The problem with these kinds of fires is

so far, non existent in TH.  I await the first news-blip of a LFP battery fire in any EV, especially in TH.

Surely we'll have 10 threads running the day that news hits the wire.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Does the battery for your drone cost ฿74k, as that was the price of my E-MB.

Afraid so or near enough for a pair as I did say?  These are the old models, the new ones are even more expensive (about 4500B extra each I would estimate) and don't appear to be available in Thailand yet?  You need a pair not only to balance the UAV but also to make it worthwhile you taking off for a commercial operation?  We get about 40 minutes mapping time from a pair with just a single payload and 35 minutes with the additional LIDAR strapped on.  Now if you're "intelligent" enough to be able to supply me with a battery to match this for $130, myself and a lot of other people around the world would be very very interested?  Even at $260 it would be a steal and there would be 100% profit in it for you?  Nice drone BTW, shame it's not much more than a toy but that is where you are comparing apples with oranges?

image.png.3a0287768cda64d5f54a7cd4dac91e99.png

14 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

Nice drone BTW, shame it's not much more than a toy but that is where you are comparing apples with oranges?

I wasn't comparing anything, just pointing out, I'm not a liar.  

You are the one that assumed I was operating commercial drones.

Toys they are not, and fit my purpose of making vids, or different camera angle.  And giving these idle hands something to tinker with.

Personally, I would have simply admitted that oops, and extended an apology for the false implication.  Instead of deflecting.

But that's me.

Have a nice day.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why is he 'obviously telling porkies'.... He [KhunLA] has stated that he has operated 'kit' (drone & E-MB) in the rain and the batteries neither shrunk nor exploded.

He's providing real world experience that they hysteria against batteries may be just that, hysteria and while there is well documented risk of batteries catching fire, the real world incidence is rare. 

Its the same for the batteries mobile phones - while there is some hysteria, the real world experience for pretty much all of us is that the phones we have possessed have not exploded or caught fire. 

The shrunk comment was a further bit of sarcasm from him in response to my initial reply to the post.  Obviously something fully waterproof and encased in whatever type of hard plastic they use is hardly going to shrink?

He may be giving real world experience from his point of view but that doesn't give him the right to talk down to people who most probably know just as much and possibly more?

As for hysteria, I admit there is quite a bit of that around.  However from my world experience I can tell you that I've actually experienced one of those batteries pictured in my last reply to him going up in flames and it's not a pretty sight despite that being a Li-ion and not even a Li-Po?  Hence these days why we not only always carry Li-Po fire extinguishers but also carry the batteries themselves in special pouches or a transport case specifically designed for them?  Even the emergency & rescue services are up in arms at the moment because they are being told by H&S not to leave them on stand-by charge due to risk of fire and their vehicles are being kitted out with special charging stations so that they can be charged on the way to a scene?  So whilst there is a lot of hysteria, there's also a lot of genuine concern?

Edited by Trip Hop
  • Thumbs Up 1