Electric motorcycle

chuang

12 hours ago, Shop mak said:

OP, Follow KhunLa post above.

Cheaper models available in a few shops and online Lazada, but the build quality are very low. Batteries need to be replaced within 6 months, if used daily.

Things to check:

Adjustable seat height, else you almost sit on the road.

Easy removable battery to charge indoors.

Working suspension or lack of.

Spare parts, good luck with that.

Former buyer of a 7,000 baht model, and never again

7,000 what did you expect?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I wasn't comparing anything, just pointing out, I'm not a liar.  

You are the one that assumed I was operating commercial drones.

Toys they are not, and fit my purpose of making vids, or different camera angle.  And giving these idle hands something to tinker with.

Personally, I would have simply admitted that oops, and extended an apology for the false implication.  Instead of deflecting.

But that's me.

Have a nice day.

KhunLA, I'm a fair man and will hold my hands up when I am wrong.  From the drone link that you posted, there actually are drones that are IP67 rated and the reason that I most probably haven't heard of them to date is that they are not what we regard as commercial/industrial drones, Nevertheless, I apologise. 

Perhaps if I had said commercial drones then I would have been more accurate and if you check out the Matrice 300/350 RTK, you will see that they are widely regarded as the new standard for industrial drones and only been available in the last 2-3 years with IP45/IP55 rating?  The main problem being I think that it is hard to maintain a fully sealed unit when being exposed to substantial changes in pressure due to altitude?  This excepting the new Ascent Spirit but that is virtually military grade and costs somewhere in the region of USD70,000?  

You didn't do yourself any favours with your first comment though or by trying to rubbish my claim about the fact that a a pair of batteries could actually cost as much as your E-MB?

Have a nice day yourself!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

The shrunk comment was a further bit of sarcasm from him in response to my initial reply to the post.  Obviously something fully waterproof and encased in whatever type of hard plastic they use is hardly going to shrink?

He may be giving real world experience from his point of view but that doesn't give him the right to talk down to people who most probably know just as much and possibly more?

As for hysteria, I admit there is quite a bit of that around.  However from my world experience I can tell you that I've actually experienced one of those batteries pictured in my last reply to him going up in flames and it's not a pretty sight despite that being a Li-ion and not even a Li-Po?  Hence these days why we not only always carry Li-Po fire extinguishers but also carry the batteries themselves in special pouches or a transport case specifically designed for them?  Even the emergency & rescue services are up in arms at the moment because they are being told by H&S not to leave them on stand-by charge due to risk of fire and their vehicles are being kitted out with special charging stations so that they can be charged on the way to a scene?  So whilst there is a lot of hysteria, there's also a lot of genuine concern?

Well done...   you are debating the qualities of commercial drone batteries in a thread about electric motorcycles. 

This is as disjointed as another thread where a poster asked about clearances around a tumble drier in the home and then another poster started arguing how he was more knowledgeable with his experience of 25 kgs commercial driers !!!...  

Any 'genuine' concern for batteries is about as real as there would be general concern for putting an extremely flammable liquid in a tank and driving around with it if petroleum technology were a new tech today. As such, the concern isn't so genuine as it is ill-informed paranoia. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well done...   you are debating the qualities of commercial drone batteries in a thread about electric motorcycles. 

This is as disjointed as another thread where a poster asked about clearances around a tumble drier in the home and then another poster started arguing how he was more knowledgeable with his experience of 25 kgs commercial driers !!!...  

Any 'genuine' concern for batteries is about as real as there would be general concern for putting an extremely flammable liquid in a tank and driving around with it if petroleum technology were a new tech today. As such, the concern isn't so genuine as it is ill-informed paranoia. 

Yeah it did get a bit side tracked but me and KhunLA have sorted our differences now.

Battery tech is battery tech though and your ignorance prevails you!  Enjoy your day!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2023 at 7:28 AM, Shop mak said:

OP, Follow KhunLa post above.

Cheaper models available in a few shops and online Lazada, but the build quality are very low. Batteries need to be replaced within 6 months, if used daily.

Things to check:

Adjustable seat height, else you almost sit on the road.

Easy removable battery to charge indoors.

Working suspension or lack of.

Spare parts, good luck with that.

Former buyer of a 7,000 baht model, and never again

Serious question, what did you expect for 7000thb:post-4641-1156694572:

• Haha 1