Recycled tracking numbers?

Grusa

A couple of days ago, Mrs Grusa got an SMS from our bank, telling her her credit card was expiring at the end of the month, that a new one had been posted out on September 2nd, and giving a tracking number.

Sure enough, her card does expire when stated. I followed up the tracking number, on both 17track and Thailand Post, both said the same thing: the package was despatched on 2nd June from Samurai Prakan, tracked through LakSi, and delivered and signed for on 8th June, in Khlung. Which, by the way is in Tray province.... we live in Sattahip!

The following day I checked again, all that detail remained, plus a new entry, despatched from Samut Prakan 02/09. So, I wondered, does Thailand Post recycle its tracking numbers?

Today I got a similar SMS from the bank for my credit card, with a different tracking number. Same story, same dates, but this one delivered to Tha Mai.... Chantaburi province, I think. And again, a new despatch date corresponding to the SMS.

I have never before encountered a re-used tracking number. Is this common, and how long does the expired meta-data persist? It seems very poor security. And coincidence two items to two separate people, but from one financial institution......

What bank is that?

Seems unique to credit cards being sent by post.

Never experienced.

I suspect that the error is with the bank.

Can't comment on the reuse topic but it will surely not be months.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

What bank is that?

Seems unique to credit cards being sent by post.

Never experienced.

I suspect that the error is with the bank.

Can't comment on the reuse topic but it will surely not be months.

Purple bank.