Good place to buy a bong

csaba81

My decent foot-high glass bong cost 1,200 baht at Greendog Cafe. They also have a vaporizer bong you can try, but they don't have a second one to sell.

There is no such thing as a local price for a bong. Your average pot store worker is making 300 baht for an extremely leisurely day. No bong-bargaining allowed. They are not empowered to discount.

I have -for pick up only- a 28" bamboo bong that tips over very easily. Come and get it.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

It's a stupid idea by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Why would you need a screen in a bong?

After the burnt weed is vaporized, what remains is pulled down in the bong water.  No way can that get into your lungs because of the water, DUH.

People don't even use screens for glass pipes anymore.  The pipes are designed not to need a screen.

Someone obviously hasn't smoked weed since the 70s because a "screen" is totally unheard of in 2023.

You may benefit from a screen if you are smoking hashish-especially bubble hash. Bong or bowl. Most screens you find are metal or brass. Kind of a no no when smoking out of glass unless that's all you can find.  There are 2 types: a "daisy" which works wonders to catch ash in a glass hand pipe and a "Jax" screen that is made for a tapperd bowl which you find in a glass bong. Both are made from the same borosilicate glass that glass bongs/bowls are made from. I haven't posted on TV in ages, but I enjoyed this thread.

"Bong"??? come on! It's the only Thai word that is universally understood no matter what language you speak. Unless you don't smoke weed. Then maybe it's best to save your advice for another thread? 

IMG_2620.jpeg

IMG_2619.jpeg

Edited by mizzi39
  • Thumbs Up 1

And let's not forget the very valuable role of the bong mistress, tho sadly not a dominatrix kind of mistress. 

Most pot stores have single, ultra-shy male behind the counter. You want to see a friendly, chatty female.

Hard to find. Good looking women with English skills can do better than 300 baht a day. They have to be good looking/English-speaking women who really love pot.

And just like back in '77, God didn't make enough of 'em.

Well 50 years ago up country they were all bamboo, there was an old man in Warin across the river from Ubon who made a bunch of them,  his the stem that held the bowl was thinner bamboo and looked like a water buffalo head with 2 shoots (one out out either side) that looked like horns..they were offshoot stems.  Back in the day Paw's bongs were pretty famous amount the US GI's stationed here. He made bowls for them from some very hard local wood that would sink in a glass of water.  But those bamboo bongs were really great and suspect the design was centuries old...

Edited by yankyoakum
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, amexpat said:

12 posts so far so let me be the first to address the question.

Many of the many weed shops have them with prices ranging from sensible 200 to ridiculous 1000 baht plus. Pop into a few and don't spend too much. One issue I have is finding or making screens to fit into the bowl. G'luck. 

Lazada?   https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/pipe-screens/

19 hours ago, csaba81 said:

Lol, surprised I have to explain this but maybe the term is country specific? A glass device you fill with water to filter marijuana smoke.

Before you get all sophisticated, I suggest that you simply obtain a downstem as shown, find a plastic bottle with a wide rim circumference and then slot the downstem in at an angle. FILL to the brim with crushed ice from a convenience store and enough water to cover the bottom of the pipe. 
That will be as good or better as any bong you will try without the ice component but just water. 
If that method of delivery suits you, then you can upgrade your equipment. Some bongs only allow you to put ice in the uppermost part. So try homemade first and then you’ll have more experience in choosing a design that suits you. 

upon my daily bike ride in old city im amazed at # of weed shops..esp right next to each other or 5 in a row.......is worse than 7-11s across the street from another.....tons of choices for you for bong

also a lady at night bazaar sells a ton if u wanna haggle with her...i just bought a glass pipe 150