csaba81

23 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Where/when/how/relevance?

His question is ambiguous!

He says he wants something called a "Bong" and i quote 

"always rolled my own"  

"I'm not looking for souvenir or something decorative",

"would like something practical."

Sounds to me he is looking for a Bang in a happy massage shop or similar!

Lol, surprised I have to explain this but maybe the term is country specific? A glass device you fill with water to filter marijuana smoke.

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

So if it is made of glass how do you roll your own unless you are a glass blower?

In construction and function, a bong is similar to a hookah, except smaller and especially more portable. A bong may be constructed from any air- and water-tight vessel by adding a bowl and stem apparatus (or slide)[2] which guides air downward to below water level whence it bubbles upward ("bubbler") during use. To get fresh air into the bong and harvest the last remaining smoke, a hole known as the "carburetor", "carb", "choke", "bink", "rush", "shotty", "kick hole", or simply "hole", somewhere on the lower part of the bong above water level, is first kept covered during the smoking process, then opened to allow the smoke to be drawn into the respiratory system. On bongs without such a hole, the bowl and/or the stem are removed to allow air from the hole that holds the stem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bong#Legal_issues

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, csaba81 said:

You've been reported for trolling. When people make genuine posts on these forums seeking information, they aren't there for your abuse and personal entertainment. You're not even funny, So take a hike.

YES!  I don't know why I get the msg:  Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content. 

10 minutes ago, amexpat said:

12 posts so far so let me be the first to address the question.

Many of the many weed shops have them with prices ranging from sensible 200 to ridiculous 1000 baht plus. Pop into a few and don't spend too much. One issue I have is finding or making screens to fit into the bowl. G'luck. 

I appreciate your response. The screen thing is something I was not aware of so I'll try some YouTube videos on the subject.

It's unbelievable how many ill mentally individuals are still lurking around this platform after so many years.

Cheers

Edited by csaba81

43 minutes ago, amexpat said:

12 posts so far so let me be the first to address the question.

Many of the many weed shops have them with prices ranging from sensible 200 to ridiculous 1000 baht plus. Pop into a few and don't spend too much. One issue I have is finding or making screens to fit into the bowl. G'luck. 

I was thinking the same thing while reading through the posts.  Obviously the weed shops would be the first & only places to visit, see what they have, see their styles & prices and go from there.  If the shop doesn't have what the OP's is looking for, try another.  It's not rocket science.

Edited by bbko

An icon of 80's Australia, The Orchy bottle bong.

6" Of Garden Hose.

Old can of Coke ( Other Aluminium cans will do)

1 x Orchy bottle, contents consumed.

Water

Mull.

Pen knife

Lighter.

Use pen knife to make insertion in bottle 3/4 up to then insert your garden hose, angle down to touch the bottom.

Use pen knife on old coke can to cut a 1.5" triangle shape. Fold triangle to make a cone, insert cone into exposed mouth of garden hose.

Fill bottle 1/2 up with water.

Pack a generous pinch of mull into the cone.

Light and inhale...

The bottle below is a museum piece from the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences in Sydney.

If you're going up market and buying a glass bong, Top-Tip, use Sterident tablets to clean it. Same for cleaning Port / Ship decanters. Make sure they're the unflavoured ones.

Screenshot_20230905-014748_Chrome.jpg.40d3cad60546ce9d55b46e592d2aca8d.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RayWright said:

An icon of 80's Australia, The Orchy bottle bong.

6" Of Garden Hose.

Old can of Coke ( Other Aluminium cans will do)

1 x Orchy bottle, contents consumed.

Water

Mull.

Pen knife

Lighter.

Use pen knife to make insertion in bottle 3/4 up to then insert your garden hose, angle down to touch the bottom.

Use pen knife on old coke can to cut a 1.5" triangle shape. Fold triangle to make a cone, insert cone into exposed mouth of garden hose.

Fill bottle 1/2 up with water.

Pack a generous pinch of mull into the cone.

Light and inhale...

The bottle below is a museum piece from the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences in Sydney.

If you're going up market and buying a glass bong, Top-Tip, use Sterident tablets to clean it. Same for cleaning Port / Ship decanters. Make sure they're the unflavoured ones.

Screenshot_20230905-014748_Chrome.jpg.40d3cad60546ce9d55b46e592d2aca8d.jpg

Quite complicated when you can just buy a downstem and stick it into an appropriate container. 
AEF141F0-A679-46CE-85D5-6DB6C110E0AC.thumb.jpeg.9d67f0c4aa261ebab97cbaf3de435f50.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, csaba81 said:

The screen thing is something I was not aware of

It's a stupid idea by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Why would you need a screen in a bong?

After the burnt weed is vaporized, what remains is pulled down in the bong water.  No way can that get into your lungs because of the water, DUH.

People don't even use screens for glass pipes anymore.  The pipes are designed not to need a screen.

Someone obviously hasn't smoked weed since the 70s because a "screen" is totally unheard of in 2023.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

It's a stupid idea by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Why would you need a screen in a bong?

After the burnt weed is vaporized, what remains is pulled down in the bong water.  No way can that get into your lungs because of the water, DUH.

People don't even use screens for glass pipes anymore.  The pipes are designed not to need a screen.

Someone obviously hasn't smoked weed since the 70s because a "screen" is totally unheard of in 2023.

Calm yourself… especially when you aren’t correct. Not every bong has the same design. Even glass bongs can have ‘ash catchers’ attached. 
The downstem posted above has a pipe screen fitted. 
Pipe screens are tiny screens that help to keep your pipes and bongs clear of resin buildup, pull-through, and clogging…

Edited by NextG
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, csaba81 said:

Lol, surprised I have to explain this but maybe the term is country specific? A glass device you fill with water to filter marijuana smoke.

No I have seen this before.  Extremely hard to believe but I have come across folks who  lived throughs the 60 -80's, seem to have led normal lives and yet have never tried weed nor know anybody personally who has.  They did a Twilight Zone episode covering the yet to be explained phenomenom.  

Shopee is way better than Lazada as far as selection goes- simpler is usually better as they're easier to clean.  The usual words you'd use to search for them may not work, but you can enter 'แก้วน้ําเก็บความเย็น' (it translates to 'cold water glass') which will come up with things like insulated cups as well as what your looking for.

Edited by flare
  • Thanks 1