hi, how is with the visa in phillipines?

41 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

put up with the visa nonsense in Thailand if you want to be in a nice country with nice food, nice accom........everything in Thailand is better. 

The PH is a toilet, it really is. its much more expensive and its much lower quality.

Beaches and sea around PI were always better than Thailand + no bitey sandflies on the beaches.

Edited by BritManToo

On 9/5/2023 at 3:02 AM, SuperSaiyan said:

No, you just need to extend it the first time after 59. I don't have the exact dates in my head, but it is something like: Extend first after 59 days for another 60 days, then after 60 days extend it for 90 days and after 90 days you can extend it for a year or so.

You can stay inside Philippines for up to 3 years without leaving! After 3 years you just do a border run by flying in and out and you can stay another 3 years! It's an absolute dream!

wow.

That sounds great!

and I am in what many would consider to be a privileged visa situation here in Thailand.

I also hate the bureaucracy of this place and I am always keeping my options open. I may pay an extended visit to the Phils before I relocate abroad next year. I've heard a lot of good things about those girls....

48 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan said:

How much is such a "popular opinion thread" worth if it's not even looking at the visa situation? And then the anecdotes over and over and never forget the "we expats in Thailand are better" bit. Everybody needs to see and compare it for himself.

If you had read the thread Visas and many other issues at that time were covered. It was a very long thread dealing with many aspects of Thailand and the Philippines.

Nobody is talking about ' we expats in Thailand are better ' as you are suggesting, this is based on mine and other posters extensive travels throughout South East Asia and covering the good and bad points of all the countries that we visited.

It did used to be far easier for under 50s to stay in Thailand but for various reasons, those days are gone.

Stop looking for friction where there isn't any and going on the defense when somebody offers up a different point of view.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Scouse123 said:

If you had read the thread Visas and many other issues at that time were covered. It was a very long thread dealing with many aspects of Thailand and the Philippines.

Nobody is talking about ' we expats in Thailand are better ' as you are suggesting, this is based on mine and other posters extensive travels throughout South East Asia and covering the good and bad points of all the countries that we visited.

It did used to be far e3asier for under 50s to stay in Thailand but for various reasons, those days are gone.

Stop looking for friction where there isn't any and going on the defense when somebody offers up a different point of view.

Don't get so defensive about your great comparison thread. All threads about Thailand vs. Philippines always end up with the majority here on this forum of Thailand expats telling how better they are than the poor sods living in the Philippines.

I have lived in Thailand for 10 years and 1 year in the Philippines, I value my opinion much more than some randoms having lived a few months in Thailand and none in the Philippines while telling me how bad everything there is, not meaning you personally, however have you lived in the Philippines?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, parafareno said:

about your opinion in thailand almost everybody speaks english...besides old people...i never had problems....only like girls from rural areas do not speak english, but i used the app, but it was really rare....

I think you spoke English only with those who worked in your hotel or restaurant in Thailand, as for your concern to find beautiful women like Italian man rest assured that in the Philippines there are hundreds of thousands to millions of them.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, marin said:

As I recall you had some health problems while here. The medical care is not up to par in the Philippines especially outside of Manila. The food is going to be a really big deal for you. Their fruit in no way is near Thailand's as most is imported from China. Good luck.  

yes medical evenin thailand they did not resolve so i had to go back to eu and it dissapeared on its own so i am not worried about that

how come they dont grow mango? It is same climate as in thailand

5 minutes ago, BE88 said:

I think you spoke English only with those who worked in your hotel or restaurant in Thailand, as for your concern to find beautiful women like Italian man rest assured that in the Philippines there are hundreds of thousands to millions of them.

no all my girls spoke perfect english...and that is most important, also in all restaurants everybody spoke english..i rarely came across somebody who did not speak english....even girls in clubs...all spoke english....only 1 girl that came to visit me from chonburi did not speak almost no english...and i met like 30 girls all with almost perfect english...on the other hand....russian chaps really did not speak no english in most cases lol...i will try i guess and if i dont like it i will go back to thailand like now for the 7th or 8th time lol...  also i wanted to go to colombia, which seems even cheaper and the girls are stunners and cray cray for foreigners.... so it is either Phillipines, colombia or back to regular old thailand

Edited by parafareno
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, GypsyT said:

I didn't like the prez who liked to kill thousands of his own people.

Now it's time go and see beautiful islands and friendly people.

Not so different in Thailand, remember "Black May" in  1992   the riots  in Bangkok when  over 100 died,  200 injured,  over 200 disappeared,  violent clashes between  Army /Police  / Demonstrators

30 minutes ago, parafareno said:

no all my girls spoke perfect english...and that is most important, also in all restaurants everybody spoke english..i rarely came across somebody who did not speak english....even girls in clubs...all spoke english....only 1 girl that came to visit me from chonburi did not speak almost no english...and i met like 30 girls all with almost perfect english...on the other hand....russian chaps really did not speak no english in most cases lol...i will try i guess and if i dont like it i will go back to thailand like now for the 7th or 8th time lol...  also i wanted to go to colombia, which seems even cheaper and the girls are stunners and cray cray for foreigners.... so it is either Phillipines, colombia or back to regular old thailand

Are you sure you have been to Thailand?

Because in my normal life I always find nobody or in rare cases someone who speaks English.

Edited by BE88
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I did a very popular thread on this a few years ago now on Thai Visa forum and the overwhelming opinion was, with the exception of English speaking women, nothing much else to go for. Also, plenty of scams from the women there as well as Thailand, they just do it in a different way.

There was the odd poster who liked it in the Philippines but they were very much in the minority.

Far more unpredictable and volatile than Thailand.

Complaints included terrible food, expensive to rent very basic accommodation, utilities expensive, bad living conditions and rampant poverty, too many guns with people more than prepared to use them.Guards with machine guns and metal detectors at shopping malls. They also said you must remain very vigilant.

Many of these countries such as Philippines and Cambodia get people that cannot afford the rules and regulations to stay in Thailand.

I rent a house to a Filipina lady working in Thailand, she does not have a very high opinion of the place but loves her family of course. She doesn't run the place down, it's more a case of what she doesn't say.

I have never inquired much other than passing pleasantries but she just says he is happier working here.

For great local food, fruit and vegetables, you will be hard pressed to beat Thailand in this region.

Back in the day a small group of us booked a 2 week vacay to the PP looking for p4p and found it in Ermita district.We also found it very dangerous and and generally an uncomfortable rip off everywhere.

After 1 week we rebooked our tickets back to LOS and never looked back.

1 hour ago, parafareno said:

how come they dont grow mango? It is same climate as in thailand

They certainly grow mangos and other tropical fruit, but it's a bit harder to find than in Thailand.  You usually have to go to the one central market in each town.  There are not lots of roadside vendors or night markets like in Thailand.  

Edited by Phillip9

17 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

Back in the day a small group of us booked a 2 week vacay to the PP looking for p4p and found it in Ermita district.We also found it very dangerous and and generally an uncomfortable rip off everywhere.

After 1 week we rebooked our tickets back to LOS and never looked back.

Should have gone to Barretto or Angeles.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Visa related.

1. ACR-I card (Fee) are a obligatory card you will have to pay for at Immigration, when 2 months in country.

2. ECC Exit Clearance Certificate are required if you have stayed in country 6 months.

1 week before departure go to immigration with your departure ticket. You can't leave the country without this.

Some airports can issue ECC, but to be on the safe side you better do this at immigration office in the city.

https://immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/acr-i-card-issuance

https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 3:43 PM, Shop mak said:

Visa related.

1. ACR-I card (Fee) are a obligatory card you will have to pay for at Immigration, when 2 months in country.

2. ECC Exit Clearance Certificate are required if you have stayed in country 6 months.

1 week before departure go to immigration with your departure ticket. You can't leave the country without this.

Some airports can issue ECC, but to be on the safe side you better do this at immigration office in the city.

https://immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/acr-i-card-issuance

https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

One important thing about the ECC that I didn't fall foul of, but only by good fortune rather than being aware of it - you are required to keep each of your monthly extension certificates to present when you request the ECC.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/6/2023 at 7:54 AM, SuperSaiyan said:

Thailand

+ Good food, street food is amazing

+ Accommodation is cheap and high standards
+ Private Hospitals have high standards

- nobody speaks English

- no Churches

- Visa for under 50 yo's make long stay impossible

- dirty beaches, dirty water

- many prostitutes, everywhere

- draws many shady people

Plenty of people speak English.

Several churches.

You think there aren't pros all over the place in the PI?

You think PI doesn't attract shady people?

On 9/6/2023 at 4:59 AM, parafareno said:

is 1000 usd enough to live a good life?

In the province I spent only 600 USD a month, including 2 trip to city supermarket to buy foreigner food.

In City I spent nearly 2000 USD month, rent is much higher, dining in the malls, nightlife ..

If you don't need comfort / luxury, but rent a moderate place and make most meals at home, you be ok with 1000 USD. 

What we define as 'good life', differ from person to person.

Edited by Shop mak