Lack of compromise delays House Standing Committee chair assignments

snoop1130

pichet.jpg

A meeting of political parties to assign the chairs of 35 House Standing Committees yesterday (Monday) made no progress, as the parties refused to compromise, according to Pichet Chuamuangphan, second deputy House spokesman.

Pichet was speaking after chairing the meeting at which the parties submitted their requests for committees they want to chair.

“The desires for chairmanships have overlapped among the parties. They have refused to back down or compromise, so the meeting made no progress,” he said.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/lack-of-compromise-delays-house-standing-committee-chair-assignments/

-- Thai PBS 2023-09-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

From the linked article...

The date of the next meeting has not yet been set, Pichet said, adding “If they still cannot reach an agreement, I will resort to drawing lots as a solution, so that the committees can start work as soon as possible.”

So this government was already a dumpster, then it caught on fire, now it's about to get plowed into by a train at a level crossing.

I mean this is not shocking, but they will be begging for a coup in another week or so. "Save us, from ourselves".

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A meeting of political parties to assign the chairs of 35 House Standing Committees yesterday (Monday) made no progress, as the parties refused to compromise, according to Pichet Chuamuangphan, second deputy House spokesman.

What did they expect with such a huge coalition?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

From the linked article...

The date of the next meeting has not yet been set, Pichet said, adding “If they still cannot reach an agreement, I will resort to drawing lots as a solution, so that the committees can start work as soon as possible.”

So this government was already a dumpster, then it caught on fire, now it's about to get plowed into by a train at a level crossing.

I mean this is not shocking, but they will be begging for a coup in another week or so. "Save us, from ourselves".

It's not 'chairs' they need but two-legged stools!