Where can I get money order or cashier's check in US dollars? Need to send payment to Thai Consulate in US in this form.

Where can I get money order or cashier's check in US dollars?

I need some documents verified at Thai Consulate in US and they require payment in money order or cashier's check in US dollars.

Have tried Kasikirn Bank, Bangkok Bank, Western Union (but I think different WU locations offer different services), Thailand Post, 

UOB bank. 

Anyone know where I can get a money order or cashier's check (only for $30) in USD.

I don't have a an account with any Thai bank.

Thanks for helpful replies.

Go to Citi bank, JP Morgan or Bank of America try using your credit card. If they’re unable to do USD on the spot then you may have to get your bank to transfer funds to the bank somehow in your name to one of the three banks. 

• Thanks 1

If you're using the LA Thai consulate, perhaps there is a Thai business in Thai Town that could help you in this situation.  There used to be a small Thai service business right across the street from the LA consulate that offered many services for reasonable fees.

Ask the consulate if they know any method to get the $$ to them from Thailand.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jelli said:

While they may want US dollars are you absolutely certain that they won't take Thai baht? Why don't you email the embassy and ask with the current exchange rate is.

I paid for my passport less than 2 years ago in Thai baht

I emailed them and asked if they would take Thai baht.

Hope that works, thanks for the suggestion.

You might try asking them if you can pay their account in Thailand directly. All Visa Fee's paid to US based Thai Consulates are forwarded/paid into a Kasikorn Bank account (even though paid in USD) So if you let them know your in Thailand & can pay direct to their Kasikorn account & show verification it may be an option

Edited by mania
  • Thanks 1

I'm surprised they require USD.

For some items, the Passport Card (not a passport book) for example, the require a 1,050 THB bank draft for the $30 payment. Their published exchange rate is 36:1 (July 23, 2023).

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/instructions-for-ds-82-passport-card-application/

See step 4.

52 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

I'm surprised they require USD.

For some items, the Passport Card (not a passport book) for example, the require a 1,050 THB bank draft for the $30 payment. Their published exchange rate is 36:1 (July 23, 2023).

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/instructions-for-ds-82-passport-card-application/

See step 4.

I am talking about the Thai Consulate in the US, not the US Embassy in Thailand.