Prosecutors will seek Hunter Biden indictment by end of September

Social Media

image.png

Special counsel David Weiss will seek to indict Hunter Biden before the end of this month, the prosecutor said in a court filing updating a judge on his investigation into the president’s son’s failure to pay taxes.

“The Speedy Trial Act requires that the Government obtain the return of an indictment by a grand jury by Friday, September 29, 2023, at the earliest,” Weiss wrote.

“The Government intends to seek the return of an indictment in this case before that date.”

The filing from Weiss comes as a plea deal with Biden fell apart before it could be approved by a judge. 

Biden was prepared to plead guilty to two counts of willful failure to pay taxes as well as enter a diversion program relating to a failure to acknowledge drug use when purchasing a gun.

But the agreement collapsed as it was reviewed by a judge, with prosecutors and attorneys for Biden left unclear of the extent the president’s son would be immune to prosecution on other matters.

Weiss — the U.S. attorney for Delaware who was shortly thereafter appointed as a special counsel in the case — subsequently notified the court he may seek to file charges against Biden in other venues, including Washington, D.C., and California. 

Both locations were pointed to by IRS officials who have since spoken with congressional investigators as whistleblowers as locations where the Justice Department was able to gather stronger evidence of tax crimes. 

FULL STORY

THEHILL-250.png

6 hours ago, Tug said:

Anything to distract from trumps eminent demise just sad 

If I were of a cynical nature, I'd say they were distracting from an imminent impeachment inquiry.

TBH, I have very little interest in what Hunter did, except to the extent that Pops was involved.

Surely Biden is not going to run in 2024.

There has to be a plan in place to “control” the Democrat primary to ensure they get the nominee of choice when he drops out.

Newsom?

If Biden were running, surely Hunter would plead this thing ASAP to limit the damage.

If they screw this up and Trump gets back in god knows what awaits the world.

13 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Surely Biden is not going to run in 2024.

There has to be a plan in place to “control” the Democrat primary to ensure they get the nominee of choice when he drops out.

Newsom?

If Biden were running, surely Hunter would plead this thing ASAP to limit the damage.

If they screw this up and Trump gets back in god knows what awaits the world.

He did. The court rejected., Now he can't plead until there's new charges.

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Newsom?

One of the muckety mucks in the Dem party is claiming that it's clearly Kamala's turn.  Running Newsom would be racist, and would go over poorly with Black and women voters. 

I don't think anyone's taking that to heart.  Thank God.

Another hit at the GOP lame sweetheart deal argument. ????

"Except Weiss may not actually be able to bring the charge. Last year, the Supreme Court significantly loosened gun control laws when the conservative majority ruled that Americans have a general right to arm themselves in public. Biden’s lawyers have already argued that the ruling makes trying to prosecute the first son on gun charges pointless."

Trump-Stacked Supreme Court May Have Already Exonerated Hunter Biden

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-stacked-supreme-court-may-164313329.html

I guess that Smith was aware of it and that was one reason for proposing a deal.

Well looky here!  The GOP making a big case of locking someone up for owning a gun.  Meanwhile whackdoodles in Congress maintain private arsenals.

image.jpeg.ac8fdc4215bb12380bc7574652036f6f.jpeg

Also, this is a real witch hunt, one of DT's favorite terms. 

(and no, I'm not referring to the person in the pic)

• Like 1