China preparing for war with US, Air Force secretary says

Social Media

7 hours ago, sscc said:

Because the Biden Administration is very keen to see a war happening in Asia soon,  not caring the location  whether it is around South China Sea,  Taiwan Strict,  Korean peninsula or India China Border.  

Hence the Western media is doing its part in singing the tune daily of China  so  and so threatening. 

And frankly most AseanNow  members had been brainwashed in following...........

And China's neighbors have been brainwashed, too?

Edited by placeholder

16 hours ago, sscc said:

Investment Banker  Goldman Sachs  Corp publicly announced two months ago about its long-term GDP projection to Year 2075.     

Future outlook of 2075 by Goldman Sachs is 

No. 1 China      No. 2 India        No. 3  USA

All three are within  50-60 Trillion USD  in Annual GDP .  

Do you think Goldman Sachs not under the population factor and not account for population change in modeling ??? 

2075?????????????????

Are they taking the mickey?

23 hours ago, sscc said:

Because the Biden Administration is very keen to see a war happening in Asia soon,  not caring the location  whether it is around South China Sea,  Taiwan Strict,  Korean peninsula or India China Border.  

Hence the Western media is doing its part in singing the tune daily of China  so  and so threatening. 

Huh??? Gee I thought it was little Kim threatening everyone strange I missed that America is trying to start a war ………anyway my 2 bits I don’t think China wants a war with the USA to much money to be made are they trying to be prepared if it did happen of course they are.I just don’t think they are actively seeking a war with us it makes no sense 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

2075?????????????????

Are they taking the mickey?

Short answer... Yes. 

But longer answer is that there are long term infrastructure projects that won't pay out for decades.  Some of them will last for over a century.  In order to be consistent when financially modeling those projects, there has to be a forecast that everybody in the company works from.  Even if they're wrong, all the models will be consistently wrong and they can still rank projects against each other.

I still remember starting off in the oilpatch in 1980, working with a forecast that oil would be at $200+ a barrel by 1986.  I don't recall the forecast price for 2050, except thinking "ouch".  BTW, I suspect oil would have been over $200 if Reagan hadn't made a deal with the Saudis to bankrupt the USSR.  Went as low as $8.

16 minutes ago, impulse said:

Short answer... Yes. 

But longer answer is that there are long term infrastructure projects that won't pay out for decades.  Some of them will last for over a century.  In order to be consistent when financially modeling those projects, there has to be a forecast that everybody in the company works from.  Even if they're wrong, all the models will be consistently wrong and they can still rank projects against each other.

I still remember starting off in the oilpatch in 1980, working with a forecast that oil would be at $200+ a barrel by 1986.  I don't recall the forecast price for 2050, except thinking "ouch".  BTW, I suspect oil would have been over $200 if Reagan hadn't made a deal with the Saudis to bankrupt the USSR.  Went as low as $8.

Half the countries on the planet may not even exist by 2075. Predictions that far ahead are just guessing based on present realities.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Half the countries on the planet may not even exist by 2075. Predictions that far ahead are just guessing based on present realities.

Agreed.  It's a WAG.  Even just an assumption.

But they have to forecast it so everyone in the company is using the same assumptions when they make an investment recommendation.  Otherwise, there's no criteria to compare the opportunities.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 9:58 PM, sscc said:

Idiotic from start to finish. 

Biden has no interest in having another war start anywhere, and I find it amusing that conspiracy theorists conclude that everyone who doesn't share their paranoid beliefs is brainwashed.