Again! Tourist’s Shoe Gets Stuck At Airport Moving Walkway

webfact

36 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

The trials and tribulations of the sheeple..????‍♂️

We will be needing manuals soon as how to use escalators 

Those that get drawn into escalators due to their own negligence should forget running to get compensation. They haven't a leg to stand on. Look where you are going!????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Can someone, preferably the journalist from the TNR who wrote this piece, explain exactly how this flat soled lightweight shoe has become "jammed" in the escalator? The pictures reveal nothing except a woman, maybe a mime artist, tugging at a shoe which really does not appear to be stuck in any way.

Thailand news, breaking stories, headlines and in-depth articles. Daily up to date news and videos from Thailand covering business, politics, general interest topics.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, 2long said:

If people were able to walk without staring at their phones, they might not have these incidents.

And getting off (or about to get on) a flight is when it's oh so important to check how many likes or new followers you have, so it's really urgent!

Yes -- and not hearing the loud BONK BONK End of the walkway

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Seems that the safety checks made after the woman's accident weren't very thorough, more along the lines of, 'Thai moving walkway not same same falang moving walk way......get used to it'.

I disagree.

The escalator did an emergency stop, as it is supposed to do.

How many folk follow the intructions for the escalator use that are on the side of every one?

Clue - not many.

How difficult is it to step off the escalator before you hit the end?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

She added that she almost fell when the moving walkway suddenly stopped with a jerk.

3 hours ago, VinnieK said:

The trials and tribulations of the sheeple..????‍♂️

We will be needing manuals soon as how to use escalators 

And lifts/elevators. There was a report here a while ago of a daughter who had moved to Bangkok and lived in a condo building and her mother visited from up-country. The mother said she'd go out and bring back something for them to eat, but after she had not returned after a long period the daughter decided to see if she could find her. And there she was, standing by the lift waiting for it to stop at her floor.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bradiston said:

Can someone, preferably the journalist from the TNR who wrote this piece, explain exactly how this flat soled lightweight shoe has become "jammed" in the escalator? The pictures reveal nothing except a woman, maybe a mime artist, tugging at a shoe which really does not appear to be stuck in any way.

It looks, to me as if it's the shoe lace that has caught in the comb. Look closely at the middle photo.

Why do you think that the woman is miming?  She's possibly a friend or partner that is helping to release him. She's clearly a fellow traveler, not an airport official.

It's actually comforting to note that emergency stop system worked as it should do and the travelator stopped immediately.

As has already been mentioned these incidence are easy to avoid if one takes care when using elevators and travelators. There are even clear warning signs, as can be seen in the photos.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bradiston said:

I would think that it is a shoelace that got stuck, not the shoe

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, wadman said:
58 minutes ago, flexomike said:

I would think that it is a shoelace that got stuck, not the shoe

42 minutes ago, wadman said:

"She said she was just behind the tourist and she first thought it was a shoelace that had got caught at the end of the moving walkway but later saw that it was the sole of the shoe that had jammed there." 

Man! So many comments about a shoelace getting stuck, despite the article clearly stating that it was not. 

The photos clearly indicate otherwise. How did they manage to retrieve the shoe so easily? Which I might add, looks remarkably undamaged to me.

Witness's are notoriously unreliable. Ask any policeman. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bradiston said:

The images appear to show the shoelaces jammed in the comb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The photos clearly indicate otherwise. How did they manage to retrieve the shoe so easily? Which I might add, looks remarkably undamaged to me.

Witness's are notoriously unreliable. Ask any policeman. 

49 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

The images appear to show the shoelaces jammed in the comb.

Go to sanook.com, they have a video there of the woman in the photo trying to pry the shoe loose. It clearly shows the bottom of the shoe is stuck, and not the laces. Score one for the witness! 

https://www.sanook.com/news/9020310/

Edited by wadman

Ok, I know now why I could see the lace. It had been undone in the middle photo. that clarifies the matter thank you, but does it really matter? What really caused this incident was not the shoe, or the lace or even the travelator.

It was chummy who didn't lift his foot up at the right moment to leave the travelator that caused it. There's a clear sign there that says 'End of Travelator'. It's there for a reason.

He's just lucky that there isn't another amputee around here today.