Neighbor death

Lolothai

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, and as usual do not post that it only happens in Thailand. I am well aware of that it happens everywhere. However, I have chosen to live in Thailand. I am posting in a Thai forum, so it´s only natural to talk about Thai things and relate to Thailand as that is my home.

I agree with you.

Thailand is also my home but he was my middle brother which made it sort of personal.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lolothai said:

She didn't have any belonging as she left 2 months before his death and the few stuff remaining were thrown away already.

Completely possible that he just hang himself out of sadness.

Evil speculation... like it never happened in the world and every cases has been perfectly solved.

Anyway my conclusion is that if you don't know very well your partner better to worth more alive than dead.

So she was gone 2 months prior and randomly shows up to "check" the house and finds him hung. Thats sounds kinda odd itself. Add then to start questioning about cashing out a life insurance policy. without knowing all the details it sounds a bit suspicious on the surface.

BS after 30 years in Thailand, working, holiday, based and living here I am still alive and to my knowledge nobody has tried to kill me yet.

Nor do I know of any farang that has been threatened or killed deliberately by any Thais.

A question for you.

How many farangs do you personally know who have been killed by Thais?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, billd766 said:

BS after 30 years in Thailand, working, holiday, based and living here I am still alive and to my knowledge nobody has tried to kill me yet.

Nor do I know of any farang that has been threatened or killed deliberately by any Thais.

A question for you.

How many farangs do you personally know who have been killed by Thais?

Hear, hear!

On 9/14/2023 at 11:03 AM, FritsSikkink said:

She came back because he had her stuff.

If he has a life insurance with her name on it and he leaves the country, she needs the certificate.

All pretty normal to me.

The "fact" that he was young and handsome according to your wife, says nothing about his mental health.

Evil speculation that she had him killed. 

most life insurance companies do not pay out for suicide

On 9/14/2023 at 7:01 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Life insurance doesn't pay out for suicides, same health insurance

yes to my knowledge suicide  usually invalidates life  insurance. If it didnt we would have a flourishing suicide rate/business of depressed people suicides and insurance claims 

On 9/14/2023 at 9:54 AM, JimTripper said:

People do this when someone passes even without the insurance. First thing on their minds is rushing in to collect valuables at the home and checking bank accounts.

It’s pretty sad. Nobody trusts others to distribute things fairly.

Because no one does the right thing. Why should they?

On 9/15/2023 at 6:42 AM, Dan O said:

So she was gone 2 months prior and randomly shows up to "check" the house and finds him hung. Thats sounds kinda odd itself.

Indeed, but he could have messaged her. Even something enigmatic signalling she should return... and perhaps for only financial reasons but doesn't mean she has a hand in the death at all.

Hanged not hung

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 9:54 AM, JimTripper said:

People do this when someone passes even without the insurance. First thing on their minds is rushing in to collect valuables at the home and checking bank accounts.

It’s pretty sad. Nobody trusts others to distribute things fairly.

Yeah I've seen this first hand, immediately the flies were around first it was an attempt to get me to approve (pay for) an overpriced funeral with fire, chanting, orange people and free flow alcohol for seven days, then disputes over who get the motorbikes, then people attempting to claim assets that weren't even belonging to the deceased - rented. Bank accounts were already completely emptied by time I wrestled control of the situation. Death brings out some helpful, genuine people, but unfortunately it also brings out vultures, liars, backstabbers..

• Thumbs Up 1

Whether or not the insurance pays following a suicide, the ex gf would only benefit if she was named as a beneficiary. Any open ended life assurance policy would be dealt with under the terms of any Will, or laws of intestacy, and girlfriends are not included in the latter

Edited by prakhonchai nick

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A friend of mine in Phuket had his house stripped of everything - including the bed he died on and his SUV - within a few hours of him dying. Nice culture.

I think it happens everywhere. Not just Thailand. Another strange thing is people rush in when somebody dies like there is an extreme rush. They want to do the funeral the next day, call relatives that very moment, etc.

5 minutes ago, JimTripper said:
22 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A friend of mine in Phuket had his house stripped of everything - including the bed he died on and his SUV - within a few hours of him dying. Nice culture.

I think it happens everywhere. Not just Thailand. Another strange thing is people rush in when somebody dies like there is an extreme rush. They want to do the funeral the next day, call relatives that very moment, etc.

Maybe. Where else have you read of the morally bankrupt savages descending? And I don't understand your comment that people want to quickly inform a relative's death as a 'strange thing'. I think it happens everywhere. Not just Thailand.

16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Maybe. Where else have you read of the morally bankrupt savages descending? And I don't understand your comment that people want to quickly inform a relative's death as a 'strange thing'. I think it happens everywhere. Not just Thailand.

There are morally bankrupt savages everywhere. My step-mother died from covid in Hungary in November 2020 and I was the sole beneficiary in her will because my father had died previously and I was his only son. She even told me several times she did not want her "blood sucking relatives" (her words) to get anything. When she died her cousins who were not mentioned in her will entered her apartment, found the will and destroyed it. I only had a photocopy which was not sufficient under Hungarian law to be valid. So she effectively died without a will and because I was only a step-son and they were the nearest blood relatives, those blood sucking vultures got her apartment worth around $400,000. The big mistake my step-mother made was not to store her will with her lawyer. Never keep the original at home.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Are you kidding? It happens in the Usa before someone even passes! A sick relative, or just an elderly parent with Alzheimer’s. Family starts jockeying for assets. Usually someone has control of the bank accounts before they even die, if they are lucky enough to have money left in it.

Families distributing assets after someone dies is an ideal situation.

5 hours ago, Jelli said:

Indeed, but he could have messaged her. Even something enigmatic signalling she should return... and perhaps for only financial reasons but doesn't mean she has a hand in the death at all.

Hanged not hung

I wrote it was suspicious I never said she had a hand in killing him

Hung is the correct past tense. Hanged is past tense if you were sentenced to death by hanging

On 9/15/2023 at 1:10 PM, n00dle said:

The paranoia is so strong here, one wonders about the conditon of the posters relationships.

Yep cuz guaran-effin-teed,..we...none of us...ever know the full story. Don't care how long we (you) been here nor how long we've (you) been with (y)our Tirak/wife/gf/partner/whatever...we (including YOUNEVER know what's going down behind (y)our backs. Never...EVER. May think you do, but you're only fooling yourself. Word. ????

5 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yep cuz guaran-effin-teed,..we...none of us...ever know the full story. Don't care how long we (you) been here nor how long we've (you) been with (y)our Tirak/wife/gf/partner/whatever...we (including YOUNEVER know what's going down behind (y)our backs. Never...EVER. May think you do, but you're only fooling yourself. Word. ????

Well ok then. 

• Haha 1