Neighbor death

Lolothai

She didn't have any belonging as she left 2 months before his death and the few stuff remaining were thrown away already.

Completely possible that he just hang himself out of sadness.

Evil speculation... like it never happened in the world and every cases has been perfectly solved.

Anyway my conclusion is that if you don't know very well your partner better to worth more alive than dead.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Lost love can reach deep inside a person's soul.

Young, handsome (and rich) people choose to end their lives everywhere. 

Multi millionaires that you think have it all kill themselves. 

Depression is a beast that outside materialism doesn't effect. 

Probality of depression for young, handsome and rich are still lower than others. You would be surprise that they generally have more success in love...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

In case he did hang himself, I wish I could have discuss with him and tell, eh guy, you are handsome, you will find love again, you can go back to your country make money and we can stay in touch, I could try to help to find a job. Just be patient, I know how hard it is but it will get better.

Now some depression can't be cure I guess, even when everything looks good but it still sadden me to see someone wasted when they have so much potential for happiness but I don't really know in this specific case. Still strange to know someone was living few steps away and was maybe in dire need of help.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would completely cease and desist from speculating with anyone, including your wife, about the possibility of foul play. You simply have no basis whatsoever to do this. The foreign guy's next of kin will be able to verify that he sent the girlfriend the email she claims he did, and the insurance company will probably want to conduct an autopsy. Presumably, his death has been reported to the police and a report is available. You and your wife can help the next of kin if by helping to coordinate and by providing translation services if needed. That's about all you can and should do.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

16 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I would completely cease and desist from speculating with anyone, including your wife, about the possibility of foul play. You simply have no basis whatsoever to do this. The foreign guy's next of kin will be able to verify that he sent the girlfriend the email she claims he did, and the insurance company will probably want to conduct an autopsy. Presumably, his death has been reported to the police and a report is available. You and your wife can help the next of kin if by helping to coordinate and by providing translation services if needed. That's about all you can and should do.

I will not cease speculating, especially when it has absolutely no impact on anyone and I will not refrain to have an opinion. That's a perfect example where foul play is possible. It's just a discussion leading to a warning to anyone who could be in such situation, to be careful, to avoid tempting and attracting the greedy.

This lady was asking everyone if she could suck some money out of the very fresh death of her (ex) boyfriend, apparently she didn't look sad, so yes there is reasons to be suspicious. She will probably not get anything and if indeed she is responsible for her death and have the possibility to get something, insurance would start to care and investigate.

Why would you completely dismiss the possibility of foul play? why are you so disturbed to the idea that people can have an opinion or even doubt and don't believe blindly the conclusion of the police? What consequences would it have except giving awareness to some people?

Edited by Lolothai
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Was,nt Russian by any chance? 

No, Brit apparently. I live on the same Moo Ban and used to see him earlier in the year at the swimming pool with a pre-teen lad. I don't know if he was the dad or just step-dad, but feel sorry for the kid. I've not heard anything else beyond what is already stated.

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

done and done unless they want my 1995 honda dream and my 2nd hand clothes....XL size

I'll have your liver and heart thanks, by all your accounts of your boring as <deleted> life, they should be pristine.  Cheers

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

When my brother died in Canada several years ago, nobody from his family over there bothered to contact me.

It was only through the family of his very good friend contacted me and told me that I found out. they gave me the families phone number so I called them.

What a surprise when I called. All I wanted to know was if he had left his birth certificate, old UK passport, old photos, any letters from our Mum etc.

There was absolutely nothing and I suspect that the family had just bundles it up and thrown it all away. Knowing my brother, he never threw anything away.

I didn't even get an invitation to his funeral. In fact I had no idea that he was even ill.

So it happens all over the world and not just in Thailand.

Yeah, and as usual do not post that it only happens in Thailand. I am well aware of that it happens everywhere. However, I have chosen to live in Thailand. I am posting in a Thai forum, so it´s only natural to talk about Thai things and relate to Thailand as that is my home.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Lolothai said:

She didn't have any belonging as she left 2 months before his death and the few stuff remaining were thrown away already.

Completely possible that he just hang himself out of sadness.

Evil speculation... like it never happened in the world and every cases has been perfectly solved.

Anyway my conclusion is that if you don't know very well your partner better to worth more alive than dead.

Most young people dont have life insurance either. Mainly older people and those with kids.

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I was primarily talking about your speculating about potential foul play with your neighbors and people in your area. Speculating that someone might have had something to do with someone's suicide not only can get you into hot water with slander laws but obviously would anger and cause resentment in anyone unfairly gossiped about.

Your case for suspecting foul play is weak. As others have pointed out, plenty of young, handsome people, with seemingly everything to live for commit suicide. If the deceased sent her an email alerting her that she was a beneficiary on his life insurance, it's not abnormal for someone to ask those who might be handling his affairs for help in filing a claim. As far as her demeanor being insufficiently mournful, you said they had broken up and moved out some time back. Maybe she wasn't heartbroken that he died. That doesn't mean she killed him, now does it? 

If your goal in posting was to raise awareness that people might have a motive to kill you, what lessons would you have us draw from your neighbor's death? Don't take out life insurance naming your evil, unappreciative, skanky girlfriend as a beneficiary? OK. Duly noted.

Not trying to be a smart-aleck here. All I was trying to do was caution you about spreading largely unfounded rumors about possible foul play around your neighborhood because it could get you in trouble.

Ex kills himself gf not worried? Thats abnormal dude. Very abnormal. Red flag.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Lolothai said:

I will not cease speculating, especially when it has absolutely no impact on anyone and I will not refrain to have an opinion. That's a perfect example where foul play is possible. It's just a discussion leading to a warning to anyone who could be in such situation, to be careful, to avoid tempting and attracting the greedy.

This lady was asking everyone if she could suck some money out of the very fresh death of her (ex) boyfriend, apparently she didn't look sad, so yes there is reasons to be suspicious. She will probably not get anything and if indeed she is responsible for her death and have the possibility to get something, insurance would start to care and investigate.

Why would you completely dismiss the possibility of foul play? why are you so disturbed to the idea that people can have an opinion or even doubt and don't believe blindly the conclusion of the police? What consequences would it have except giving awareness to some people?

Sounds very suss.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1