Neighbor death

Lolothai

15 hours ago, circa02 said:

Yeah I've seen this first hand, immediately the flies were around first it was an attempt to get me to approve (pay for) an overpriced funeral with fire, chanting, orange people and free flow alcohol for seven days, then disputes over who get the motorbikes, then people attempting to claim assets that weren't even belonging to the deceased - rented. Bank accounts were already completely emptied by time I wrestled control of the situation. Death brings out some helpful, genuine people, but unfortunately it also brings out vultures, liars, backstabbers..

That behavior is not unique to Thais.

I remember an Australian who died in Chiang Mai. His son and two daughters turned up out of the blue at his deathbed. He had no contact with them for two years previously.

They took charge of all his assets, and departed after a low-cost funeral. The Thai woman who had been taking care of him for at least a year got nothing.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That behavior is not unique to Thais.

I remember an Australian who died in Chiang Mai. His son and two daughters turned up out of the blue at his deathbed. He had no contact with them for two years previously.

They took charge of all his assets, and departed after a low-cost funeral. The Thai woman who had been taking care of him for at least a year got nothing.

You know this how? Did he tell you his life story! (Pun tasteless & unintended)

Edited by JimTripper

On 9/15/2023 at 4:59 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Hows the view from your Ivory Tower?  I live according to my means......so as per your question id rather give them to someone more deserving than and a$$hole such as yourself, thanks tho

????????????I'll keep my own sense of humor tho'. Cheers.