90 days online close to due date and still pending

15 minutes ago, rgrdns said:

Hi guy's,

Feedback...my 90 days is finally approved today 19/09/2023 at 16:56:30 hours, 4th day of the grace periode.

Regards

I find this interesting.

So you applied 4th Sept and approved 19 days.

That is 15 day wait.

My most recent online at CW applied 14 days prior to due date.

Waited several days and with no approval I cancelled and straight away submitted new application.

Subsequently went to CW in person.

I asked io "why no approved online" 

She replied "need wait 15 days" 

At other offices there are reports of very quick approval.

Don't understand what's going on with CW. 

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I find this interesting.

So you applied 4th Sept and approved 19 days.

That is 15 day wait.

My most recent online at CW applied 14 days prior to due date.

Waited several days and with no approval I cancelled and straight away submitted new application.

Subsequently went to CW in person.

I asked io "why no approved online" 

She replied "need wait 15 days" 

At other offices there are reports of very quick approval.

Don't understand what's going on with CW. 

A possible (though not what I believe) positive reason ... just maybe, they deliberately wait until the last moment so as to maximise the gaps between reports. That is, instead of reports about every 75 days (if you reported 14 days early and were immediately approved) you only need to make reports about every 92 days (if you report early, but they only approve during the grace period).

More likely, they are just understaffed for the workload they are given.

On 9/15/2023 at 7:42 AM, Red Phoenix said:

The ONLY consequence of not doing your 90-day report before due date, is that you can get fined 2.000,- THB.  And it doesn't matter how many days past due date (+6 days grace period) you do it, the fine is same if you are 1 day past or 9 months.  

When for some reason you cannot do it on-line, and you live very far from the Imm Office or you really hate going to your local Imm Office, you could even consider not doing it all during the whole 1-year of your Permission to stay, and then pay the 2.000,- THB fine with a smile when applying for the 1-year extension of your Permission to stay.

Going forward it is possible that not doing a TM47 and "overstaying" on a report could become a big deal.

Edited by mokwit

25 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Going forward it is possible that not doing a TM47 and "overstaying" on a report could become a big deal.

Anything is possible in the future. For the moment, the worst that can happen is a fine, and possibly an irritated official who could (very unlikely) decide to hassle you on other immigration matters as a result.

• Like 1

Just now, BritTim said:

Anything is possible in the future. For the moment, the worst that can happen is a fine, and possibly an irritated official who could (very unlikely) decide to hassle you on other immigration matters as a result.

Yes, but what I am saying is not doing it now could come back and haunt you.

11 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Yes, but what I am saying is not doing it now could come back and haunt you.

If you are asking whether the authorities could suddenly decide to criminalise past failures to make reports then I cannot see that happening. When serious penalties were introduced for overstays, that was only after well publicised warnings, and only for people still not complying with the law.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

If you are asking whether the authorities could suddenly decide to criminalise past failures to make reports then I cannot see that happening. When serious penalties were introduced for overstays, that was only after well publicised warnings, and only for people still not complying with the law.

Not criminalise past failures to make reports, I am thinking how overstay used to be no big deal and now they will refuse an Elite visa if you have anything more than one day once.

4 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Not criminalise past failures to make reports, I am thinking how overstay used to be no big deal and now they will refuse an Elite visa if you have anything more than one day once.

Taking your example of overstays and the Thailand Elite memberships, old overstays from the time before Immigration cracked down are not considered. You can have a five-year overstay from 20 years ago, and it will have no bearing on whether you will be approved.

On the larger question of could the authorities decide to take failures to report into consideration for later immigration services? Sure, anything is possible. Likely? Not in my view.

• Thumbs Up 1

In August I submitted my 90 day application 13 days before the due date.  several days passed and my application was still pending so I booked an appointment at CW scheduled a few days after my due date just in case.  Sure enough, my due date passes and the application is still pending.  The morning of my scheduled appointment I got an email saying that my application was approved.  I doubt that the timing was a coincidence.  Luckily my appointment was in the early afternoon and I had not left the house yet.  My advice is to schedule your appointment later in the day  if you are going to do this.

4 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

I doubt that the timing was a coincidence.

Read my earlier post.

You are the guy I was referring to from posts re CW.

I cancelled report after several days "pending" and re submitted.

Finally did report in person last day of grace period.

Questioned the IO...

Her reply.,.."wait 15 day for approval"