90 Day Count Verification

11 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Does it go to a central place or is it routed to a particular IO?

In my picture the pixelated area at "SIGNATURE" shows title and name of a Khon Kaen immigration officer.

Not in the picture: on top at "TITLE" it shows title, name and office (Khon Kaen).

Title and name of the (female) officer, Khon Kaen immigration office (red underline):

90days1.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

57 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

I guess the only solution is

for you to move.    5555

Easy enough for us to go to Immigration and do the 90 days there, it’s only once in a while,  where we now live we have peace and quiet (for now). Not moving anywhere soon :thumbsup:

Edited by MJCM
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

U have a 2-3 week window, so why worry about one day.

And if it matters, your due date is Oct 9th (not 10th)

Exactly.

This thread is in the stupid tread box.

Myself and many others do 90 report 15 days prior to due date.

Be that online or via mail option.

Granted in person can be done 7 days post due date.

Ridiculous thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The 90 day report on-line system works perfectly well for thousands of expats, so I think your criticism is completely unjustified.

Exactly - it works perfectly and even reminds you when your report is due.

If online doesn't work for you perhaps trying again or getting some help? I can't imagine wasting time driving to immigration or the post office anymore...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Exactly - it works perfectly and even reminds you when your report is due.

If online doesn't work for you perhaps trying again or getting some help? I can't imagine wasting time driving to immigration or the post office anymore...

There was one occasion when I didn't receive a timely email reminder that my report was due. But it was no drama because I always put my own reminders on my Hotmail diary and my phone, just in case.

Other than that, the new system has been flawless.

11 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Exactly - it works perfectly and even reminds you when your report is due

It does not work perfectly.

I made few online reports and process time varied by up to 15 days at CW and they were successful.

My last two were rejected and forced to go in person.

Even using autofill

Tied of folk posting it's perfect! 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I made few online reports and process time varied by up to 15 days at CW and they were successful.

Even using autofill

It works perfectly for me and thousands of others - very unlikely the software stopped working only when you and a few others used it.

I can't say for sure but my feeling is that something in the background is not working for you either your computer setup or your immigration file etc. when online first started the system was not perfect and I couldn't use it as my departure card was more than ten years old and  I dont think they had manually input all the old data at least not yet... I mention this just as an example of why could go wrong probably a dozen other things also.

Have you had a computer expert check your system at home? Did you talk to the immigration IT department?

I have not visited CW in a long time as I live in CM now - but why would you deal with an immigration office if you are using a centralized online system? I only contact Immigration once a year for a 5 minute visit.

First check your system at home then contact the IT Department.

With that said I understand the feeling of software not working and I wish you good luck.

Edited by TravelerEastWest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Even using autofill

Similar to a mate who will visit KK office next week and hopes to get an explanation.

He had successful reports in the past until some time it started to reject every attempt.

5 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

but why would you deal with an immigration office if you are using a centralized online system?

The real question is how centralised is it? I'm sure that the reminders come from some central system, but where your report is approved is anybody's guess. A lot of posters seem to believe it's done at their local office, I'm not so sure. One time about 6 months ago when my online report had not been approved by the 90th day I went along and did it in person, and asked the IO what the problem was with online. She said, "They're very busy at the  moment". I didn't have the presence of mind to ask where "they" are. Later that same afternoon I got an approval for the online report, which I hadn't cancelled. This gave me 2 different reporting dates for next time. I used the online date successfully next time round. It's due again next week, I've had the reminder already. I'll probably do it in the next couple of days.

On 9/24/2023 at 1:34 PM, AAArdvark said:

I use an Android app (90 days report)  to calculate the correct filling dates. 

The online date for online filing is given by the app as: 

Arrival day                    Jul 12        (regturn from overseas trip)

Due date                       October 10

In Person                       Sept 26  --  Oct 17

Online                            Sept 26  --  Oct 10

When I manually count the dates, I get dates that are one day off.

Could someone please verify my math 

I don't know how much help this will be, but using Excel these are the results...

The question I have is the 90 days is based on the day your TM-47 is approved - except for the first one, not your last entry date. So from one check in to the next is a moving target. What is the advantage to an app over the using the date the IO gives you? I just add it to my calendar and get an alert 2 weeks ahead of time. Is there an easier way I am not aware of?

ps: I do get the email reminder, but I rely on my calendar alerts.

dates.jpg.1243391ccce567a4751a367406c42ed0.jpg

Edited by Iamloki
for clarity

On 9/24/2023 at 1:34 PM, AAArdvark said:

I use an Android app (90 days report)  to calculate the correct filling dates. 

The online date for online filing is given by the app as: 

Arrival day                    Jul 12        (regturn from overseas trip)

Due date                       October 10

In Person                       Sept 26  --  Oct 17

Online                            Sept 26  --  Oct 10

When I manually count the dates, I get dates that are one day off.

Could someone please verify my math 

As far as I know, you are allowed to report 14 days before and/or 7 days after the date; if you are more than 7 days after, you will get fined at the rate of 1,000 baht/day.

2 minutes ago, safarimike11 said:

As far as I know, you are allowed to report 14 days before and/or 7 days after the date; if you are more than 7 days after, you will get fined at the rate of 1,000 baht/day.

The fine is 2,000 baht (maximum 5,000 but to my knowledge this has never been applied) whether you report one day late or a year late.

2 minutes ago, safarimike11 said:

Nup.

You are referring to 90 report in person.

The fine would be 2000b 

On 9/24/2023 at 5:20 PM, Moonlover said:

As MJCM pointed out, Immigration have always called the reporting or entry day. 'day 1' And they will have been doing so long before they decided to come up with an on-line system.

So when the criteria that they required was passed on to software geeks that was what they asked for. "Call the previous reporting day: day 1''

And that's exactly what they got. They complied with the customers requirements.

You can't blame the programmers for that can you.

The app is wrong, period.

On 9/24/2023 at 4:46 PM, DrJack54 said:

Indeed.

Every time I do a copy-paste where last words are in enlarged and in BOLD font any type after that is same font. 

Not sure how to fix that. 

Edit the post, highlight the offending text then click on the 'clear formats' button. Works most of the time for me but on the odd occasion it can't cope with the source text format and will fail.

Or you could paste first to a text editor on your device then re-copy/paste in here but that's an awful lot of work for something that isn't really worth worrying about. If other BMs can't work out why pasted text from an external site is all wacky then that's their issue.

Screenshot_20230926_032734_Brave.jpg

12 hours ago, Iamloki said:

I don't know how much help this will be, but using Excel these are the results...

The question I have is the 90 days is based on the day your TM-47 is approved - except for the first one, not your last entry date. So from one check in to the next is a moving target. What is the advantage to an app over the using the date the IO gives you? I just add it to my calendar and get an alert 2 weeks ahead of time. Is there an easier way I am not aware of?

ps: I do get the email reminder, but I rely on my calendar alerts.

dates.jpg.1243391ccce567a4751a367406c42ed0.jpg

The 90 day clock restarts when you return to the Kingdom from a trip away. They don't deal with 90 stuff  at the airport immigration counters so there is no "date the IO gives you".

Many people use internet-based tools to do the calculation, eg.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

Those tools will give you the wrong result if you're not up to speed with the concept of 'complete days' / the requirement to count the application/arrival date as Day 1.

Of course this won't matter unless you leave it too late and have to avail yourself of the 7 days in-person grace period. One day out and you could be subject to a ฿2,000 fine.

17 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

The real question is how centralised is it? I'm sure that the reminders come from some central system, but where your report is approved is anybody's guess. A lot of posters seem to believe it's done at their local office, I'm not so sure.

If you look at your approval receipt you will see the job title of the approver.  On my latest one this translates as "Deputy Inspector/Immigration, Chonburi Province".

This indicates to me it's being done locally.

image.png.ac4519fe95fa7de26380f96395c99dfe.png

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:
On 9/24/2023 at 5:20 PM, Moonlover said:

As MJCM pointed out, Immigration have always called the reporting or entry day. 'day 1' And they will have been doing so long before they decided to come up with an on-line system.

So when the criteria that they required was passed on to software geeks that was what they asked for. "Call the previous reporting day: day 1''

And that's exactly what they got. They complied with the customers requirements.

You can't blame the programmers for that can you.

3 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

The app is wrong, period.

Does one day REALLY matter in one's life?

What a sad conversation this is.