Dr. Thira Analyzes the COVID-19 Situation in Thailand

webfact

7 hours ago, connda said:

Yeah.  Wife got Covid and me shortly after.  High viral load in the house - where can a guy go?  Sort like chicken pox as a kid when your sister comes down with it - you're gonna get it.

Wife wanted to go to the hospital where she was loaded up with med and sent home. 

I came down with it two days later.  Positive antigen test.  I stayed home - didn't see any reason to go to the hospital as I wasn't any more sick then with a typical 'flu.'  It was over in 60 hours - two and a half days.  In the past, I've had much worse bouts of influenza.  

So much fear and loathing over a nothing-burger.  As you age and your immune system decreases, yeah, you may die of IAB or IAC influenza or SARS_Cov_nnn "flus" if secondary infections, like bacterial pneumonia, set in.  For the vast number of humans on this planet with healthy immune systems, it ain't a big deal after so much fear-mongering.

It wasn't over in 2 days. You probably infected another person who may have died. Vaccine deniers don;t get a damn about others.. Narcissism and anti vaxers are fellow travellers.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Experts said the vaccines would largely stop transmission of the original virus strain among those vaccinated, and it did at very high levels. But obviously, many people chose to not get vaccinated, and the virus evolved to be more vaccine resistant over time.

Experts said the vaccines are safe, and they have been for the vast majority of the nearly 6 billion people in the world who have received them, totaling more than 13 billion doses -- with serious side effects very rare among those vaccinated, and the benefits far outweighing the risks.

Rubbish. It never stopped transmission and when compared to previous vaccines i.e. not MRnA the adverse affects are much greater. This is now in open sources and easily varifiable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Rubbish. It never stopped transmission

In the early going, the original vaccines substantially reduced infection and thus transmission among those who actually were vaccinated.

That's not the same as your blunt, and inaccurate claim, that somehow vaccines were supposed to entirely stop transmission -- even when almost 30% of the world's population never got vaccinated even up thru today.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In the early going, the original vaccines substantially reduced infection and thus transmission among those who actually were vaccinated.

That's not the same as your blunt, and inaccurate claim, that somehow vaccines were supposed to entirely stop transmission -- even when almost 30% of the world's population never got vaccinated even up thru today.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

Interesting point. How many of those 30% died from Covid?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Check it out for youself. Covid-19 vaccine adverse affects. You will find quite a lot about this. Actual factual information.

Yes, when the vaccinated pool is more than 5 billion people and 13+ billion COVID doses worldwide, you can find some actual side effect cases caused by vaccination -- and not just some timing coincidence.

But as the WHO and CDC and the medical community have repeatedly advised, serious side effects have been very rare and more than offset by the risks of COVID itself.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, when the vaccinated pool is more than 5 billion people and 13+ billion COVID doses worldwide, you can find some actual side effect cases caused by vaccination -- and not just some timing coincidence.

But as the WHO and CDC and the medical community have repeatedly advised, serious side effects have been very rare and more than offset by the risks of COVID itself.

He claimed that mRNA side effects were worse than the non mRNA vaccines. That's a lie which he refused to substantiate.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ok. There you go. You believe the CDC and WHO. I don't. Remember this whole thing was helped along by the WHO. WHO: "There is no pandemic. International travel can continue." Do you remember? CDC: "Vaccines are safe and stop transmission." Remember this? As for the medical community this has now been shown to be split. Those in the pockets of big pharma and subserviant to the narrarative and those who aren't.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Vaccines DO stop transmission in the same way brakes stop cars. I've had with these weasel words that claim that if it doesn't stop every infection that it means it doesn't stop infections. Learn to speak English.

Yes vaccines can stop transmission this is why many viruses are now pretty much extinct or at very low levels. Polio for example. Other vaccines will not stop the spread of a virus. Flu and Covid are examples of this. 

By the way when it comes to "Learn to speak English", I think .... "I've had with these weasel words that claim that if it doesn't stop every infection that it means it doesn't stop infections.", is a good example.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Yes vaccines can stop transmission this is why many viruses are now pretty much extinct or at very low levels. Polio for example. Other vaccines will not stop the spread of a virus. Flu and Covid are examples of this. 

By the way when it comes to "Learn to speak English", I think .... "I've had with these weasel words that claim that if it doesn't stop every infection that it means it doesn't stop infections.", is a good example.

Flu and covid vaccines DO stop transmission of the viruses. But for the vaccines more people would get the virus. Those who do get the virus have lower viral loads and so spread it less.

To suggest that if one infection occurs that the vaccine doesn't stop the virus is both puerile and incomprehensible,

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, retarius said:

NO more vaccines, no more masks for me. It is difficult to know what the statistics mean with information on the patients. What age were these hospitalised vs those not hospitalised? Ditto for those developing pneumonia? I would have different view of the numbers if the pneumonia patient average age was 83, than if it was 36. 

We always seem to get half a story without enough information to make an informed opinion, the data seems especially chosen to confuse rather than to enlighten. What on earth, for example is the significance of the weeks of April 22nd 2023 got anything to do with anything?

A total of 2 people dead out of 1,672-2,322 catching the disease each day during 17-23rd of December, is not a disease we need to be taking poisonous mRNA vaccines for. (The vaccine poisoned me two years ago and I am not still fully recovered).

Thanks for your testimony about your Covid vaccination injury, hopefully all the injured people will speak out as you do, it's the only way the dam will burst. I hope things will work out for you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-cases

The rest of the world is pretty much the same.

It's easy to make the current COVID stats look small when you post charts that compare the current levels with the huge peaks of earlier in the pandemic.

But that nothwithstanding, for example, close to 1,000 people are still dying of COVID every week in the U.S., and weekly new COVID hospitalizations have been running about 20,000 per week.

Not so small if you're among those still dying or being hospitalized. Here are those respective charts for the U.S. that look at the trends since the start of 2023:

Screenshot_5.jpg.477bc37d3c4cf985f6ec5ffee7401e37.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg.5254eb937bef9a7eeb7a6a4433fbb85c.jpg

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_weeklyhospitaladmissions_select_00

Parallel to that, the Thai MoPH has reported more than 800 COVID deaths and more than 33,000 COVID hospitalizations since the start of 2023, including 234 new COVID hospitalizations just in the past week.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=main

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, rattlesnake said:

Thanks for your testimony about your Covid vaccination injury, hopefully all the injured people will speak out as you do, it's the only way the dam will burst. I hope things will work out for you.

I'm sick of the religious and politically inspired covid misinformation.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Flu and covid vaccines DO stop transmission of the viruses. But for the vaccines more people would get the virus. Those who do get the virus have lower viral loads and so spread it less.

To suggest that if one infection occurs that the vaccine doesn't stop the virus is both puerile and incomprehensible,

Ok. Fair enough. If you've had your covid vaccine and somehow get covid, you can't give it to someone else. If you believe this then nothing will change your mind. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Ok. Fair enough. If you've had your covid vaccine and somehow get covid, you can't give it to someone else. If you believe this then nothing will change your mind. 

Nobody said that, just more weasel words and misquoting. Can you stop it?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Latest weekly statistics 17-23 September 2023

The number of patients hospitalized was 234, an increase of 10.4% over the previous week.

2 people died

Pneumonia 106 cases

There were 72 intubations, an increase of approximately 6% from the previous week.

...Currently, it is estimated that the number of new people infected each day is at least 1,672-2,322...

I guess this really spells it out. It's absolutely minimal in a population of around 70,000,000. I'm not sure how many times I've been infected. Felt pretty bad for a couple of days on occasions. Covid? Who knows. If it was then my immunity got boosted. I have some comorbidities but I'm not concerned. Haven't worn a mask for at least 18 months and even then it was because I had to. Had a couple of AZ jabs when it kicked off but will never be jabbed again.Tetanus/rabbies etc if needed but no MRnA.

Increase of 10.4%. Increase of 6%. 2 people died was that an increase of 100%. Maybe a decrease of 100%. Maybe a 200% decrease. Complete nonsence percentages.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1