This is Thailand

Confuscious

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

...and the ad, that was posted in Thai, is obviously targeting Thais and is for "staff", not an "IT Engineer".

2. Graduated in the postgraduate degree. Up the relevant branches

That's some educated staff....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Being retired from a Western country and no need to work anymore, I am not acquinted with the hurdles to find a job anymore.
This morning I read an advertising for an IT-Engineer, and I had to read the requirements a few times to be sure that I was reading well.

Take care to not spill your coffee on the keyboard while reading the advert:

Recruiting.
IT officer.
Number : 1 rate
Job look
- Check and repair computer.
- can operate outside the premises
- Knowledgeable and able to fix CCTV cameras
Candidate Qualifications
1. Gender: male, age under 35 years.
2. Graduated in the postgraduate degree. Up the relevant branches
3. Initial problem solves well, be patient.
4. Have IT experience would be greatly considered.
6. Ready to respond to events and handle well.
7. Honest and Responsible
8. Able to work overtime
9. Being able to drive a motorcycle, or driving a car, would be special consideration.
Welfare
Income 11,500 Baht per month or based on experience.
There are 13 days / year of public holidays.
Had 6 days/year vacation days.
Having an annual bonus
Adjusting salary every year
Got social security
Livelihood backup fund

In my country, an IT-Engineer would be looking at a wage of 8 to 10 times that wage.
13 months wage and a bonus every year at the end of the year.
The vacation of 6 days /year would be unacceptable.

https://www.facebook.com/TodaySave.th/posts/pfbid06G2p8taWd4Z7VKGSgw6kqc5L58xZ8HhJdKQLKEXzMh2WwFavvx4nkFYXyG2DyRwal

Rates are a lot better than in that crappy ad:

Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer

Job Highlights

•  
    Salary is up to 85,000 THB with Benefits Package
  •  
    Hybrid WFH Policy

5 hours ago, impulse said:

More like 20-50x.

That's why I get such a kick out of the guys who spent their whole lives on a western salary, making fun of Thai people who can't seem to manage their money. 

I challenge them to leave the house each morning for a month with 50 baht in their pocket, because that's probably what the median Thai worker has for discretionary spending after the necessities are paid for at home.

I don't think most of us could do it.  I know I couldn't.

I see Thais drinking 120 baht coffees. My last one was 20 baht.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Most people in your country would also be able to read the (Google) translation; the ad is for IT staff, not an "IT Engineer" and is clearly aimed at locals.

Snarky, but whatever.

Nevertheless most waitresses would not even work for that money, even in a job where they get regular good tips from farang customers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Speedhump said:
On 9/26/2023 at 12:26 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Most people in your country would also be able to read the (Google) translation; the ad is for IT staff, not an "IT Engineer" and is clearly aimed at locals.

Expand  

Snarky, but whatever.

Nevertheless most waitresses would not even work for that money, even in a job where they get regular good tips from farang customers.

So what?  It is not a waitressing job that is being advertised and no one is being forced to apply for the position.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So what?  It is not a waitressing job that is being advertised and no one is being forced to apply for the position.

Waaaaawwwwwwww

5 reponses by Liverpool Lou in this thread (not that I care reading any of them).
Thank you for loving this thread and give me extra points.
Please, don't stop sending more answers Lou.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2023 at 12:35 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Graduated in the postgraduate degree. Up to the relevant branches.   No mention of engineering requirements.   

Thats right Lou.

And it also says salary increases. And bonuses. And social security. 

Often the Thais bosses will put them on a low salary and then decide what they are worth after three months as well as yearly increases and bonuses.

Makes it cheaper to sack the duds and keep them keen.

• Sad 1

On 9/26/2023 at 12:41 PM, impulse said:

Regardless of whether it's IT Engineer or IT Staff, offering up $322 USD a month while requesting a post graduate degree is still a TIT thing.

Not only a TIT thing.

I remember looking the jobs section in a national paper in the UK late 70's or early 80's. A London council were advertising for street cleaners/refuse collectors (correct terminology at the time) and required them to be qualified to Degree Level.

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I recently bought a new laptop here, and the staff at the shop looked blank when I asked if they could install Linux as the OS. Apparently they are only familiar with Macs or Windows.

Bonus points for u--I actually learned to install Linux here on my own     Kudos....

Linux for the Win! as im using it now..woooo

• Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Bonus points for u--I actually learned to install Linux here on my own     Kudos....

Linux for the Win! as im using it now..woooo

In a former Windows life, I had a different email address.

There's a guy in Surfers' Paradise, Australia, who has come up with a program which detects whether one's data has been breached. Scammers usually begin with the email address, and build a profile from there.

When I put in my former email address, his software informed me I had had 32 data breaches.

With my current email, and MX Linux, my data breach count is zero.

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

Not only a TIT thing.

I remember looking the jobs section in a national paper in the UK late 70's or early 80's. A London council were advertising for street cleaners/refuse collectors (correct terminology at the time) and required them to be qualified to Degree Level.

In the late '70's a factory producing plastified windows and door frames placed an announcement in the local newspaper covering a whole page that they had no employees working there while so many people were on the welfare payroll (no work).

Apparently, they were offering a wage that was way less as the benefit of somebody getting the unemployed wage.