Connecting another input with HDMI cable

Kenny202

Recently got a new TV and was delighted to see it connected automatically to the surround system with a HDMI cable using ARC, so the surround sound automatically came on with the TV, can adjust surround volume with TV remote etc. Was ok for about a month then out of the blue not connecting. All of the connection settings on the TV are o and set to ARC auto. I can see the HDMI is connected on the TV but according to the TV when troubleshooting the Surround sound is connected but turned off. I have tried three different HDMI cables including the one we got with the new Samsung TV.

So what i want to do is go and look if anything had changed on the set up of the surround system but to do anything like that need to view the setup menu on a screen. TV no go so I plugged the HDMI cable from the sound system to my notebook but still not seeing the surround sound menu screen on my PC. Do I have to go and tell the computer to open a special screen for the HDMI input or something? I see plenty of videos on how I can connect my PC and view the PC screen on a TV but nothing about viewing a third party (surround sound) display on my PC? Any help appreciated.