Google Wallet

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe, try it, I'm only asking as i need to get a phone with NFC for googlewallet

I would not have thought that NFC would be necessary for registering a card but maybe it is.  Obviously, it needs to be enabled to actually use the wallet app.  Probably also have to enable PayWave on the card and maybe also enable online purchasing.  I'll give it a try anyway.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Does your phone have NFC?

Tried turning on NFC and enabling card for PayWave and online purchases but still no joy.

I'll talk to my bank at some stage.  No urgency, it's just that we seem to getting pushed into making electronic payments, these days.  ATMs seem to be disappearing as well so getting actual cash may become less easy in future.  Some would say that this is progress.  I say that it's more like a PITA!

12 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Tried turning on NFC and enabling card for PayWave and online purchases but still no joy.

I'll talk to my bank at some stage.  No urgency, it's just that we seem to getting pushed into making electronic payments, these days.  ATMs seem to be disappearing as well so getting actual cash may become less easy in future.  Some would say that this is progress.  I say that it's more like a PITA!

i only want it for any trips back to UK, no need for it in Thailand