How About A Block Feature?

Neeranam

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I would have thought that as a mature adult, most are quite capable of ignoring others without the need for software assistance.

I am not talking about ignore, that's a good tool. 

If I want to converse with like-minded members, It is not a good user experience when ignored users join in. I can't see what being an adult has got to do with it. I am trying to offer something to help the forum become more popular. 

Perhaps one change could be to stop ignored users' post been seen when someone else replies to them. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I am not talking about ignore, that's a good tool. 

If I want to converse with like-minded members, It is not a good user experience when ignored users join in. I can't see what being an adult has got to do with it. I am trying to offer something to help the forum become more popular. 

Perhaps one change could be to stop ignored users' post been seen when someone else replies to them. 

People on this website don't like change but good luck trying, i think the idea is ok.

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I have such a feeling that most members on this forum don't see your posts any way, unless the click on the message, show this post

I am honestly baffled as why you read my posts. Your replies are always saying negative things about them. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Not a feature of the forum software so not even an option.

You have ignore, you have Block on a PM.  As for the rest, I suggest you just turn a blind eye and simply scroll on as most do.

Thanks, I do do that. I am wondering if 'block' is an option, or perhaps admin have a reason for not implementing it. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dmaxdan said:

I don't believe that any member should be able to pick and choose who can read/respond to their posts. 

For example, someone could post critical information that is important to all but some users would be blocked from reading it.

Interesting view. 

Could you give an example of such an important piece of information? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Looking through a recent topic I posted, I see there are many posts written by members I have put on ignore.

On things like TV/AN there will always be members we have nothing in common with or don't like.

Facebook has a good system, where you can block people from seeing your posts or contacting you, I think it would be a good idea here. I don't like the idea of people I don't want anything to do with commenting on what I post publicly. 

What do you think?

No, freedom of speech is important.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BenStark said:

Because I click on the "show this post" option, as I have you on ignore, but know how easily you are agitated.

So let me get this straight. 

You put me on your ignore list and then don't ignore me? 

3 posts on this thread in 20 minutes and 5 posts on my previous thread. 

Please explain this, you make no sense. 

On 9/29/2023 at 3:00 PM, Neeranam said:

Looking through a recent topic I posted, I see there are many posts written by members I have put on ignore.

On things like TV/AN there will always be members we have nothing in common with or don't like.

Facebook has a good system, where you can block people from seeing your posts or contacting you, I think it would be a good idea here. I don't like the idea of people I don't want anything to do with commenting on what I post publicly. 

What do you think?

Toughen up buttercup.

On 9/29/2023 at 3:30 PM, Neeranam said:

Interesting view. 

Could you give an example of such an important piece of information? 

Someone's gone and barfined #25 at Butterflies 'for ever'.

On 9/29/2023 at 5:26 PM, Neeranam said:

So let me get this straight. 

You put me on your ignore list and then don't ignore me? 

3 posts on this thread in 20 minutes and 5 posts on my previous thread. 

Please explain this, you make no sense. 

You obviously excite @BenStark more than either of you care to acknowledge.

Given the found nowhere else on earth preponderance of self-proclaimed Mensa member genius's here, I can't afford to block anyone. 

It's just so weird that the world's intellectual 1% all live in cheap condo's, living on less money than a postman's salary, and are dating women with 9th grade educations.

It's gotta be a long game genius-thing, no? Whatever it is, I know going in that I'm not smart enough to understand it.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Given the found nowhere else on earth preponderance of self-proclaimed Mensa member genius's here, I can't afford to block anyone. 

It's just so weird that the world's intellectual 1% all live in cheap condo's, living on less money than a postman's salary, and are dating women with 9th grade educations.

It's gotta be a long game genius-thing, no? Whatever it is, I know going in that I'm not smart enough to understand it.

????

• 2 weeks later...