Non-immigrant O visa in the UK

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

Get a 60 day tourist e-visa plus 30 day virtually automatic extension a couple of weeks before your leaving date.

So why shouldn't he get a Non-Imm O ?

I think this is posted in the wrong forum... this is not about visas and migration to other countries.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Is it possible to get a non-immigrant o evisa in the uk for tourism that lasts 90 days?

I am over 50 and have a state pension and private pension.

You are over 50 so you can obtain a non O based on retirement.

You have somewhat confused your thread with referring to Non O for tourism. 

Depending on how long you wish to visit Thailand you could obtain multi entry non O based on retirement.

That would enable stay of more than one year.

You could also obtain an eVisa tourist visa that would give 60 day stamp that can be extended by 30 days.

You need to provide more advice.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Is the non o visa based upon retirement for the over 50s ok just to travel to Thailand for a one trip 90 days for tourist reasons?

In short, yes if you meet the requirements. Up to you to decide which is more convenient/affordable for yourself, non-O retirement or TR60 + 1 extension.

Edited by Lemsta69

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Is the non o visa based upon retirement for the over 50s ok just to travel to Thailand for a one trip 90 days for tourist reasons?

Yes it is. you can travel around as a tourist all you want to while in the country. If the non o works for your 90 days and is the most convenient for your visit. Some here get hung up on wording when it doesnt fit their thinking.

15 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Retirement is little more than long term tourism for those getting on a bit. The normal tourist would be seen as much younger and staying shorter.

Nothing wrong with the Non O Retirement visa for 90 days if you can meet the requirements.

If you are looking for 60 - 90 days, little point doing the tourist visa, application process virtually the same followed by the hassle of going to immigration.

Also, if you obtain a Non-O visa purely for a 90 day holiday and don't get the retirement extension then this might ring alarm bells if you ever want to apply for another visa (of any kind) in the future - the embassy may judge that you have abused the system.

Note that I said "may judge" - I'm only guessing but I personally wouldn't take the chance.

Edited by London Lowf
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

Also, if you obtain a Non-O visa purely for a 90 day holiday and don't get the retirement extension then this might ring alarm bells if you ever want to apply for another visa (of any kind) in the future - the embassy may judge that you have abused the system.

Note that I said "may judge" - I'm only guessing but I personally wouldn't take the chance.

Nope, it should draw any attention at all

On 9/29/2023 at 6:49 PM, London Lowf said:

A shame that the emoticon reactions are no longer identified on here - it would be interesting to learn which clickhead found my post amusing.

Totally agree and I made a similar statement a few months ago . I simply do not understand why these sad <deleted> are protected and anonymous . Cowards in my opinion .

• Sad 1

In 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, my late wife and I entered LoS on 90day non-imm Os simply to avoid the hassle of visiting immigration. We stayed for 2-3 months at a time from the UK.

I now reside semi-permanently here on annual extensions of stay (based on retirement) on the back of my most recent non-imm O visa, obtained in January 2020.

I have never experienced any problems either in Thailand or in airports. 

I do currently use an agent for my extensions, but am looking to try doing it myself next April via the 65k pm method. I asked on another thread if Jomtien Imm would accept evidence of the simple act of money transfers, rather than proof of the total 65k originating from a pension. However, I am yet to receive any comments on this.

If anyone has personal experience of same, I would appreciate the reassurance of its acceptance.

TIA.

David.

On 9/30/2023 at 8:25 PM, London Lowf said:

Their is nothing to say getting a Non-O is linked to retirement, anyone can get one. In the past I would normally get one when my driving licence needs renewing so I get 5yrs even though i'm only there for 2 weeks holiday. Their is quite a difference now though over the tourist visa with you having to have £10000 is funds.