Diabetes

still kicking

On 10/1/2023 at 8:57 PM, still kicking said:

So, I have been diagnosed with Diabetes 2 about 10 years ago never taking any medication for it, went for a test last week because of some different matters, my test was 6.9 Yes, I know it was in the morning nighttime might be higher so should I worry?

Yes, life-style changes needed.

Edited by khunPer

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe you have vision problems as well

Well the 'real' doctors I see at the hospitals I visit on a regular basis don't seem to think so.

But then again they are 'real doctors'.

After 7 years or so of training what would they know.

Could you remind me once again what your medical qualifications are?

Edited by billd766
added extra text

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Well the 'real' doctors I see at the hospitals I visit on a regular basis don't seem to think so.

But then again they are 'real doctors'.

After 7 years or so of training what would they know.

Could you remind me once again what your medical qualifications are?

The same as everyone else on here, giving recommendations based on experience, are you are Dr? because you are also giving advice, ok for you not for others?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Presence of symptoms is irrelevant. By the time you have any it is too late top prevent a  lot of damage.

@still kicking  From the sounds of it there is not much more you can do lifestyle wise.  And with your immobility, along with increasing age,  it is not surprising that your sugar readings are inching upward.

What is your cholesterol panel like? (triglycerides, LDL cholesterol). I ask because lipid and glucose metabolism are closely intertwined.

Also may I ask why your are so hesitant to take medication? Metformin is dirt cheap and has an excellent safety profile.  Probably half the posters on this forum are on it.  Noto nly will it reduce your HB1Ac it will also help reduce/control  lipids.

Sheril I live in the west, and I don't even know what Metformin is and my doctor never prescribed anything for my diabetics. Look I made it till 76 and I am happy to make it that far oh yes i have a problem as you know I had 2 broken ankles and have a phobia walking steps 

• Like 1