Anywhere to buy meat pie crusts in BKK?

macnmotion

Makro sell frozen puff pastry sheets, very good too. Usually near the bread / bakery area in the freezer. If you want a basic pie crust recipe pm me. Very easy to make....flour, butter, water. Got a great aussie meat pie filling recipe too ????

Ingredients

Method

STEP 1

Sift the plain flour into a large bowl or the largest bowl of a food processor. Add the diced butter and either rub in with your fingertips, or, if using a food processor, pulse until until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the salt and mix again.

STEP 2

Gradually add the liquid by starting with 1 tbsp milk or water, then adding a little more until the mixture comes together to form a dough.

STEP 3

Tip the mixture onto a surface and gently bring it together with your hands, then shape into a disc.

STEP 4

Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 20 minutes before using.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Ingredients

Method

STEP 1

Sift the plain flour into a large bowl or the largest bowl of a food processor. Add the diced butter and either rub in with your fingertips, or, if using a food processor, pulse until until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the salt and mix again.

STEP 2

Gradually add the liquid by starting with 1 tbsp milk or water, then adding a little more until the mixture comes together to form a dough.

STEP 3

Tip the mixture onto a surface and gently bring it together with your hands, then shape into a disc.

STEP 4

Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 20 minutes before using.

You can susbtitute vege oil for the butter 1:1 if you are veggie.

Dooooh, but then you would not be making meat pies!  555

Edited by KannikaP

I use a margarine I buy from Makro in 1kg packs....brand is Blue Band. Has a really nice buttery taste and excellent for cooking. Usually near the mayo area. Was 60 baht a couple of years recently increased to 110 baht. Recipe Jeff the Chef uses exactly the same as mine but I just do mine in the mixer. Crumb the butter and flour first on low. Then add water a little at a time until dough pulling cleanly away from the bowl and nice and pliable. I use the dough for the casings of my pies and puff pastry on top

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1