Racism, threats and home invasions: candidates face abuse on New Zealand’s campaign trail

Social Media

Just now, stevenl said:

Single minded and 'against' as always.

Indeed, against labour and all its fellow travelers, along with all the other voters that were "against" labour and wished to consign it to the dustbin of history.

We won, ding dong labour is gone and good riddance to it.

It's time to rid ourselves of it's vile anti farmer policies.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 2:44 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

No. National and Act have an absolute majority, short of special votes changing it, but hopefully that will not happen.

NZ first leader  has agreed to support National if needed.

My greatest fear was that NZ first would again backstab us and join labour, but that would not give them the majority so highly unlikely. I'll never forgive Peters for inflicting adhern on us.

Not so fast, after special votes were counted National/Act do need NZ First to form a coalition government

Chris Hipkins to be sworn in as Prime Minster again as caretaker Govt extended

10 Nov, 2023 12:17 PM

Labour leader Chris Hipkins will be sworn in again as Prime Minister tomorrow without a formal ceremony as government coalition talks continue between the National Party, Act and New Zealand First.

Current ministers were due to leave office at 11.59pm tomorrow, Saturday, November 11. However, because a new Government has not been formed - with negotiations continuing between National, Act and NZ First - and continuing vote recounts mean the “writ” has yet to be returned, it’s been decided to roll over the current caretaker arrangements for a bit longer, Hipkins said.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Not so fast, after special votes were counted National/Act do need NZ First to form a coalition government

Chris Hipkins to be sworn in as Prime Minster again as caretaker Govt extended

10 Nov, 2023 12:17 PM

Labour leader Chris Hipkins will be sworn in again as Prime Minister tomorrow without a formal ceremony as government coalition talks continue between the National Party, Act and New Zealand First.

Current ministers were due to leave office at 11.59pm tomorrow, Saturday, November 11. However, because a new Government has not been formed - with negotiations continuing between National, Act and NZ First - and continuing vote recounts mean the “writ” has yet to be returned, it’s been decided to roll over the current caretaker arrangements for a bit longer, Hipkins said.

You must have missed my post right before yours where I complain that we must again be inflicted with NZ First.

Given things said before the election it is unlikely that Winston will join labour, so i guess it's about how much he wants to join National and Act.

MMP sucks.

It's making me depressed that Hipkins is still in charge. I was so looking forward to getting rid of that shower.