Working class Brits struggling, small business swamped with mountains of paperwork, economy tanking. Did the politicians botch the implementation pf Brexit?

Goat

35 minutes ago, Goat said:

It appears it wasnt only the economy tat has gone backwards.

The leavers were promised less immigrants but there are more than ever before.

What a botch up.

I think we all look forward to your next Brit bash thread for a good laugh, Aussie Goaty............????

2 hours ago, Goat said:

We already have equal rights. There is no vote about that.

No house of Lords in Australia mate.

according to the left leaning BBC News not all Aussies do, particularly those who were there before your ancestors invaded and colonized the large island

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-66944609

and if you would care to notice I am Swiss not English, we don't have a House of Lords, we don't even have lords, we are probably one of the only true democracies in the world

On 10/10/2023 at 4:21 PM, Tidal wave said:

Plain and simple we was sold a lie by liars so Tory toffs can lord it .

Yes! The 'taking back control' was the taking back of absolute control and manipulation of the British population and the regaining of absolute power by those Tory toffs and the wider British establishment just as they enjoyed before EU membership. Preferable to a military coup I suppose, but a similar outcome.

• Thanks 1

The financial markets understood how good an idea Brexit was - they devalued the GBP by 15%.  Obviously most effects didn't kick in until we actually left , and then Covid added to the chaos. All we can say, is that probably 95% of the UK population are worse off - go on, name a success story.

Sometimes i despair about democracy. Most voters are sheep, lead by judas goats.

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2023 at 3:10 PM, rickudon said:

The financial markets understood how good an idea Brexit was - they devalued the GBP by 15%.  Obviously most effects didn't kick in until we actually left , and then Covid added to the chaos. All we can say, is that probably 95% of the UK population are worse off - go on, name a success story.

Sometimes i despair about democracy. Most voters are sheep, lead by judas goats.

Yes they were fooled by a handful of politicians with their own agendas.

Some can admit they were wrong seeing how it has unfolded.

Some never will admit it.

33 minutes ago, Goat said:

Yes they were fooled by a handful of politicians with their own agendas.

Some can admit they were wrong seeing how it has unfolded.

Some never will admit it.

You seem to misremember the events.

All the politicians wanted to stay, only Farage frightened them into following the people's will.

On 10/9/2023 at 12:28 PM, Goat said:

The video in the link features the place in Britain that recorded the biggest leave vote.

It seems many, if not most voted to leave not for the economic angle but because they dont like non white people.

With the vote being so close i think it was probably these voters that got the leave over the line. 

Now they are whinging about the other cosequences.

England is the only country in history that voted to impose sanctions on themselves.

Surely if it was just an immigrant issue there could have been an easier way to deal with that without shooting the economy in the foot?

Here's the Top Ten Leave Vote Constituencies. Now, who you want to call racist?

1. Boston (East Midlands): 75.6%
2. South Holland (East Midlands): 73.6%
3. Castle Point (East of England): 72.7%
4. Thurrock (East of England): 72.3%
5. Great Yarmouth (East of England): 71.5%
6. Fenland (East of England): 71.4%
7. Mansfield (East Midlands): 70.9%
8. Bolsover (East Midlands): 70.8%
9. East Lindsey (East Midlands): 70.7%
10. North East Lincolnshire (Yorkshire & the Humber): 69.9%