Israel ambassador assures help for Thais in Israel

webfact

image.png

The Israeli ambassador to Thailand has assured Thailand that the Israeli government is doing everything it can to help Thai workers being detained by the Hamas militants as Israel continues to bombard areas in the Gaza Strip.

Speaking to Thai PBS in an interview on Monday, Ambassador Orna Sagiv also said Israel authorities are also doing their best to provide medical treatment to Thai and other nationalities wounded in the fighting which began on Saturday morning with waves of attacks in multiple locations in Israel by the Hamas.

The Thai Foreign Ministry confirmed that 12 Thais were killed in the fightings while 11 others have been kidnapped.  Hamas has claimed to be holding more than 130 people hostage.

While admitting that Israeli authorities don’t have immediate information as to the fate the hostages, she said they will do their utmost to secure their release.

“What I can say is that we treat all the foreigners who got hurt or being kept by Hamas like we treat the Israelis,” she said.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-10-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Israeli ambassador to Thailand has assured Thailand that the Israeli government is doing everything it can to help Thai workers being detained by the Hamas militants as Israel continues to bombard areas in the Gaza Strip.

Ok, they are helping by bombing. Great! If Hamas do not kill them, maybe the Israelis will.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, they are helping by bombing. Great! If Hamas do not kill them, maybe the Israelis will.

When you give in to hostage takers you encourage more terrorists to take hostages. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone knows how this goes: you have to hope for the best and expect the worst. They are all dead men (and women and children) walking until proven otherwise. Besides a strong smattering of Buddhism I am not "religious", but if I were I would be praying that I will live to see the end of Hamas as an organization of any kind.

• Love It 1