Late night motorbike accident claims life of 43 year old Thai man

webfact

image.jpeg

A tragic late-night accident occurred as a 43 year old man died after crashing his motorbike into a roadside lighting pole. The accident took place in the Huay Pai-Hinkong road area in Ratchaburi province.

At 12.30am today, Police Lieutenant Colonel Natthaphon Pheeraphitak, Deputy Inquest Officer of the Ratchaburi Municipal Police Station, received notification of the accident.

He promptly arrived at the scene, accompanied by an on-duty doctor from Ratchaburi Hospital and volunteers from the Prachanukoon Foundation, Ratchaburi.

On arrival, they discovered the lifeless body of Pradit Kaewkaen lying sideways approximately ten metres away from his Honda Wave motorcycle.

The grey-black bike lay toppled in the middle of the road surrounded by a pool of engine oil. The roadside light pole showed distinct signs of severe impact and skid marks were evident on the road.

Distraught at the sight, Pradit’s 68 year old mother, Thongluang Kaewkaen, was found crying beside her son’s body. She revealed that Pradit was a hard-working family man who diligently saved money.

by Jimmy Donovan

Photo: The Thaiger.

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Road Warrior said:

very sad .RIP  maybe no lights on bike .common for Thais  !!!!  

He hit a lamp post, so the area was obviously well enough lit.  More likely is that he was tired from work and fixated on an object for a moment too long.  

I can't imagine the grief of the mother. Out living a child would be bad enough, but to have to see his carcass all smashed up on the side of the road like that will never leave her. 

On 10/10/2023 at 1:16 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Same with murders

And the suicides during the lockdowns.  Parents forcing their children to drink insecticides and drain cleaner, then killing themselves.  It got so bad that the government threatened paramedics with imprisonment if they kept reporting the stories to the media. 

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

And the suicides during the lockdowns.  Parents forcing their children to drink insecticides and drain cleaner, then killing themselves.  It got so bad that the government threatened paramedics with imprisonment if they kept reporting the stories to the media. 

You have proof of this, and how many are we talking about? And where? If Thailand, the people have a very strong support system, whether at family or village level. Without proof of your 'secret suicides' I put your comment at the same level as the other you made in response to my posts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You have proof of this, and how many are we talking about? And where? If Thailand, the people have a very strong support system, whether at family or village level. Without proof of your 'secret suicides' I put your comment at the same level as the other you made in response to my posts.

Up to you. I'm amazed at how oblivious some expats are to what's going on in the society that surrounds them. 

https://www.ucanews.com/news/when-suicide-seems-the-only-way-out/87878

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220503095140498

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/many-thai-committing-or-attempting-suicide-due-to-lockdown/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/suicides-rise-thailand-covid-decimates-tourism-industry/

7 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

Thanks for the links. The second has no connection to Covid, and there is nothing about your conspiracy theory that the government threatened medical staff with imprisonment if they reported deaths. But we'll let that pass.