visa on arrival question

Hello,

I visited a site that explained the requirements for getting a visa on arrival to Thailand, one of the requirements said ' Must have a confirmed return ticket exiting Thailand within 15 days. Open tickets do not qualify. Traveling overland by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.**'

can anyone confirm this is indeed needed in Bangkok main airport? if so, could i use onward ticket? I plan to do a proper visa later in Laos, just wondered about the return ticket scare.

thank you

Whether visa exempt or visa on arrival an onward ticket is required, although it's unlikely to be checked at BKK immigration but more likely by your airline when checking in at your point of origin.  No onward ticket would mean you'd be refused boarding.

6 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

Nationality? What about visa-exempt (30 days)? Why visa on arrival?

Sorry, I have Israeli passport, I was planning to go home first and get a tourist visa at Thai embassy but now because of the war I can't go anymore. What is visa exempt? I thought only option would be visa on arrival.

Just now, treetops said:

Whether visa exempt or visa on arrival an onward ticket is required, although it's unlikely to be checked at BKK immigration but more likely by your airline when checking in at your point of origin.  No onward ticket would mean you'd be refused boarding.

Thank you, so I should book the onward return ticket to a date which is 15 days after arriving to thailand? Or less/more? Thanks

Just now, treetops said:

Israel is on the list of Visa Exempt countries, not Visa on Arrival so you'll get 30 days and should be able to show an onward ticket within that period.

List of countries:

https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/zE6021nSnu/เอกสาร/VOA.pdf

Thank you!

So when I land in Bangkok do I just go straight to immigration or do I need to stop first at some counter?

Last question, I promise :-)

So when I land in Bangkok do I just go straight to immigration or do I need to stop first at some counter?

1 hour ago, webber4 said:

You should be good to go. Just go striaght to immigration. Thirty days visa which can be extended by another thirty days when you go to the immigration office (before it expires)

• Like 1

I have a friend who is flying into Thailand, staying 21 days, then flying to Philippines. He will return to Thailand (flying into Bangkok)  staying another 28 days, then flying back to the UK. Should he be ok just checking in as normal?

16 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

I have a friend who is flying into Thailand, staying 21 days, then flying to Philippines. He will return to Thailand (flying into Bangkok)  staying another 28 days, then flying back to the UK. Should he be ok just checking in as normal?

No issue.

He has onward flights for both stays in Thailand.

May as well print them out however airline will accept screenshot of confirmed booking on his cell. 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No issue.

He has onward flights for both stays in Thailand.

May as well print them out however airline will accept screenshot of confirmed booking on his cell. 

Thank you. Yes he has onwards flights and print outs along with hotels he is staying 

What about of European citizen from Greece -Athens .Do I need visa on arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport for 2-3 months stay?

I read Passport holders of the following countries/ territories may apply for Visa on Arrival

and Passport holders of the following countries/ territories may enter Thailand without a visa

Source:https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/zE6021nSnu/เอกสาร/VOA.pdf

4 minutes ago, Paris333 said:

What about of European citizen from Greece -Athens .Do I need visa on arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport for 2-3 months stay?

I read Passport holders of the following countries/ territories may apply for Visa on Arrival

and Passport holders of the following countries/ territories may enter Thailand without a visa

Source:https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/zE6021nSnu/เอกสาร/VOA.pdf

You do not qualify for Visa on Arival.

You do qualify for a Visa Exempt Entry giving you a stay of 30 days.

This can be extended by a further 30  days at Immigration for a fee of 1,900 Baht.

If you intend staying any longer you should apply for a Tourist Visa before you leave.

Edited by Lite Beer

10 minutes ago, Paris333 said:

You can enter Thailand's visa exempt and be given 30 day stamp.

Prior to expiry you can obtain a 30 day extension. 1900b

That provides 60 day day.

If 90+ is required you can do border bounce for another visa exempt entry that can also be extended if required. 

Note for visa exempt entry via air the airline at departure may require onward flight within 30 days. 

There are options to cover that. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2023 at 8:09 PM, webber4 said:

I plan to do a proper visa later in Laos . . . . .

You may be able to delay that even more.  Phuket immigration have published new rules allowing them to give further extensions to Israeli passport holders on production of some sort of letter from their embasssy.  This may be introduced everywhere if you're not going to Phuket so keep an eye on things.

• Love It 1