Flying A Dog To Bangkok. How Much ?

johnson36

We brought two dogs from the UK earlier this year.If your dog is under 10 kg in weight then it can fly as baggage. \our dogs were over 10kg each and we had to use an agent. Cost was £2300 for the agent and ticket.the travel cages cost a further £150 and once at Suvanapoom airport the customs clearance was negotiated at 5000 baht( they tried for 10,000)

Expensive but worth every penny if you love your best friend. The vets at Suvanapoom were very helpful over the telephone too.

Good luck---from your picture we see that you love her.

We brought two dogs from the UK earlier this year.If your dog is under 10 kg in weight then it can fly as baggage. \our dogs were over 10kg each and we had to use an agent. Cost was £2300 for the agent and ticket.the travel cages cost a further £150 and once at Suvanapoom airport the customs clearance was negotiated at 5000 baht( they tried for 10,000)

Expensive but worth every penny if you love your best friend. The vets at Suvanapoom were very helpful over the telephone too.

Good luck---from your picture we see that you love her.

Wow! What did you need an agent for? Why did you have to pay more than the 100-150 baht vet inspector fee upon arrival?

Beautiful lab--I do not know where you are flying from but I cannot stress the importance of trying to find a nonstop flight, if at all possible, especially for the safety of your dog. Anytime dogs wind up on the ramp during an aircraft change I can assure you that there is an increased element of risk involved regardless of what anyone may tell you to the contrary. Some airline do have regulations on max length of flight limitations that they will carry a dog on which could affect your choice of flights.

Edited by jetjock

i flew 2 rottw but they had like 120 kilo for two. It cost me something like 100 000 each with cage.

Not all the airline take animals i had to fly lufthansa.

Take a direct flight

Ask the vet for some pills to calm the dog down

Make sure you dog are allowed to bring to Thailand (does like sweet dog)

Remeber if country do not have RABISS there is no way you can ever bring it back beucase Thailand has it.

Be aware of ticks in Thailand are not the same as in EU they are small many and very hard to get ridd off.

Beware of the skin disease and other problem has with dogs.

Good luck

In my previous post, I forgot to mention one of the most important things that you can do to lessen the stress on your dog which is to get them accustomed to sleeping in their travel cage long before their planned trip. A flight in a cargo compartment can be a frightening experience for your dog so the fact that he is already familiar with sleeping in his travel cage will do wonders in lessening the stress factor.

As for small tranquilizers, it is best to consult your vet about this because in some cases dogs travel with less problems without them depending on the temperment of the dog.

Wishing you and your dog a happy flight. :o

I flew my dog here about 4 years ago. It cost less tha $100 if accompanying a passenger. Alot more if not. About $200 for all the vet requirements in the US. All the hassle is on the other end. Very few problems once here.

I assume that was your pointer? Can you please tell your secret how you managed to get this dog for such a low price? :D

In my experience with sending dogs abroad from Thailand, a dog like yours would cost already almost 35,000 baht (weight dog say 25 kilo + weight crate 8 kilo = 33 x 1050 baht) when traveling as access luggage.

Are you sure you didn't forgot a zero? :o

Nienke

Pray tell why you would want to bring a dog that you love to Thailand, especially a large outdoor oriented dog like a lab? The dog will find the heat and humidity oppressive. If the dog gets loose then it better have extraordinary street smarts and had better be neutered as it probably has zero fighting skills. If it goes outside it will be subjected to countless diseases that are prevalent amongst Thai dogs to which it will have little if any resistance.

Better to go out and adopt the healthiest reddish brown soi dog that you can find. You will never find a more devoted canine friend.