DIY Non O Visa for retirement document check list? Chang Wattana version please.

6 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

I also DIY'd all of the previous Non O's at Jomtien Soi 5. Never at CW.

If anything CW does not throw curve balls compared to Jomtien.

There has been lot of advice posted along with links outlining the procedure.

Just recently you posted that you are changing address ...

Then use TM30 screenshot for that condo.

Your questions have been answered

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If anything CW does not throw curve balls compared to Jomtien.

There has been lot of advice posted along with links outlining the procedure.

Just recently you posted that you are changing address ...

Then use TM30 screenshot for that condo.

Your questions have been answered

About 5 years ago before I did my last Non Imm O I got quite a bit of help here. But what I have NEVER seen is a pinned page with all the details/required docs and tips on how to get a Non Imm O for the purpose of retirement which, I would think has been and still is one of the biggest topics. Seems like an easy posting to make .. but what I experienced today was first, two replies that were not even close to answering my question and then people pointing me to previous threads with similar questions and then finally you and Red Phoenix coming in and giving good info..

Let me suggest that whoever is moderating this part of the forum pin a post with all the requirements tips etc.. ?? too much to ask or do a lot of forum users just like to answer the same questions over and over? Curious.. I'm not ungrateful.. don't get me wrong.. just think info about this topic should be written up and pinned like a lot of other common stuff..

23 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

just think info about this topic should be written up and pinned like a lot of other common stuff..

That would be impossible as Thailand having 75 immigration offices where many play their own game.

One example ...you posted non O at CW and received correct advice that minimum 15 days remaining on permission of stay.

However it's 21 days at CM and 15 business days at Phuket.

Currently Jomitien is rogue with requiring money in bank for non O for 2 months prior and actually it's only required on day of application for non O. 

Not even start me on rogue office CM regarding TM30 and not applying change in rules.

Apply early at CW and if there is an issue you have time to obtain what they require. 

Edited by DrJack54

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That would be impossible as Thailand having 75 immigration offices where many play their own game.

One example ...you posted non O at CW and received correct advice that minimum 15 days remaining on permission of stay.

However it's 21 days at CM and 15 business days at Phuket.

Currently Jomitien is rogue with requiring money in bank for non O for 2 months prior and actually it's only required on day of application for non O. 

Not even start me on rogue office CM regarding TM30 and not applying change in rules.

Apply early at CW and if there is an issue you have time to obtain what they require. 

This is the kind of information I'm talking about. In my humble opinion what  you've just written could be organized and all put in a post and pinned along with all the common demoninators . As much info as possible including differences in requirements between offices and "rogue" offices etc.

7 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

This is the kind of information I'm talking about. In my humble opinion what  you've just written could be organized and all put in a post and pinned along with all the common demoninators . As much info as possible including differences in requirements between offices and "rogue" offices etc.

In practice, 5,000 word posts are never read properly.

I could point you at the partially correct page provided by the Immigration Bureau (https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf) with just warnings (i) that it is not 100% correct as to the standard requirements; and (ii) not all offices follow the standard requirements.

Knowing that you were applying at CW, and had applied for a visa at Immigration before, we were able to tell you that the documents you used in the past should be used together with proof that the TM30 notification had been done, and the credit advice document associated with the funds transfer. Unlike at most offices, CW does not require a long term rental agreement.

I appreciate that some of the replies were unhelpful, but the paragraph above (repeating what I posted earlier) should succinctly provide you with what you need. A 5,000 word post dealing with the requirements for all 75 immigration offices that would soon be out of date would not be more helpful.

20 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

Sorry for any redundancy but I'll be doing a Visa for purpose of retirment (for the 4th time in 10 years) but this time at Chang Wattana. All previous times at Soi 5 Jomtien. I always do it myself DIY. I never use agents

Is there a document check list and requirements check list available somewhere.

I had heard no "seasoned" funds needed. I'll do an international bank xfer of the 800k THB in a few days then go next week to CW

Also I had heard that I can just use TM 30 from my hotel.

Also i understand that instead of an actual long term lease, documentation that I'm at a hotel is sufficient to get the intial Retirment Visa and 90 days permission to stay. I just explain to them I'm temporarily at a hotel. (all these things have been mentioned in previous posts I had read but just looking for confirmation.)

One other thing. There is a Bangkok Bank branch at the Change Wattana facility there? Hoping that is the case since I believe I could just get the required bank docs from that branch.

Any tips and especially a RECENT documents list and requirements check list would be greatly appreciated!!

thank you in advance to Thai Visa immigration experts here!

Please only experienced members reply with up to date and accurate information. Thanks for your understanding.

They give you 6 pages to fill in . So be sure you have that to fill in while waiting  Criminal check etc.   and take your photo.  Id an copy of blue book where you stay. Copy of all pages in your passport. A bag of bbq chicken depending what immigration office you go to. 

23 hours ago, KannikaP said:

When I go each year to do my Retirement Extension, I must show 800k in a Thai Bank in my name only, having been there for two months (sometimes 3) before the application, OR transfers of 65k each month  x 12, OR a combination of Bank deposit and transfers which add up to more than 800k. (Not all IOs accept this)

Also letters and statements for all pertinent accounts from each bank, copies of my Bank books which were updated ON THE APPLICATION DATE, copies of Passport pages showing Data, previous entries/visas etc. On yes, and the correct Form filled in plus Bht 1900. 

Do you have to show 1 year statement same day?

23 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

Sorry for any redundancy but I'll be doing a Visa for purpose of retirment (for the 4th time in 10 years) but this time at Chang Wattana. All previous times at Soi 5 Jomtien. I always do it myself DIY. I never use agents

Is there a document check list and requirements check list available somewhere.

I had heard no "seasoned" funds needed. I'll do an international bank xfer of the 800k THB in a few days then go next week to CW

Also I had heard that I can just use TM 30 from my hotel.

Also i understand that instead of an actual long term lease, documentation that I'm at a hotel is sufficient to get the intial Retirment Visa and 90 days permission to stay. I just explain to them I'm temporarily at a hotel. (all these things have been mentioned in previous posts I had read but just looking for confirmation.)

One other thing. There is a Bangkok Bank branch at the Change Wattana facility there? Hoping that is the case since I believe I could just get the required bank docs from that branch.

Any tips and especially a RECENT documents list and requirements check list would be greatly appreciated!!

thank you in advance to Thai Visa immigration experts here!

Please only experienced members reply with up to date and accurate information. Thanks for your understanding.

I'm certainly no expert but I did apply at CW for a non-imm O yesterday (Oct.11). I'll give you a rundown. Even though my situation is quite different from yours you might find a couple of things helpful.

I decided to get my bank statement (800,000bt in my account) in the morning before going to CW. Then do a transaction and update my bankbook. The Bangkok Bank branch I visited was not really familiar with the requirements so it was handy that I had a printout of the Immigration information sheet in English AND Thai. I thought that was all I needed. Wrong. I goofed and it cost me some time at CW. They ask for "Evidence" of foreign currency transfers. My bank book clearly shows FTT so I though that would be ok. No. They want a printout of the actual transactions. There IS a Bangkok Bank branch at CW, one floor down. They can do it providing the transactions were in the last three months. It was fast and no charge. So I got lucky there.

I have read that some Immigration offices (Pattaya?) were saying 800,000bt funds must be in the bank account for two months before applying for a non-imm O. I had no issue with that at CW yesterday.

Also, when I look at the requirements for getting a "O" version it does not mention retirement, just visiting family etc., for retirement "OA" is needed (but I want to avoid the insurance issue). When I filled out the TM.87 form is asks for a reason and I said Retirement. As I understand it this is important.. because when you apply for a one year extension, it must be for the same reason as the original application. Does this sound right? Anyway, they did not question me about it.

My situation is different from yours in that I have had a Thai bank account for many years. When I left Thailand this last trip (returning in 3 months) I signed a one year lease on a condo, because i really like the place. My girlfriend stayed in it while I was away. So, easy for me to show a lease agreement and get a TM30.

I also provided a hand drawn map of my condo location, not sure if it was needed but she took it.

I was told to return Oct.26 to get my passport stamped. I think she told me to go to a diierent section (not C ) to get this done. Can anyone provide info on this? Thanks!

I hope this can help you a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

About 5 years ago before I did my last Non Imm O I got quite a bit of help here. But what I have NEVER seen is a pinned page with all the details/required docs and tips on how to get a Non Imm O for the purpose of retirement which, I would think has been and still is one of the biggest topics. Seems like an easy posting to make .. but what I experienced today was first, two replies that were not even close to answering my question and then people pointing me to previous threads with similar questions and then finally you and Red Phoenix coming in and giving good info..

Let me suggest that whoever is moderating this part of the forum pin a post with all the requirements tips etc.. ?? too much to ask or do a lot of forum users just like to answer the same questions over and over? Curious.. I'm not ungrateful.. don't get me wrong.. just think info about this topic should be written up and pinned like a lot of other common stuff..

It is not impossible (I have done it some years ago) to make a generic Guidance document for each of the 4 most common application scenario's at a Thai Immigration Office:

- Application for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement;

- Application for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage;

- Application for 1-year extension of stay from a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement;

- Application for 1-year extension of stay from a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.

However, as @DrJack54 correctly states, each Guidance document would become a very long and almost unreadable document, when it has to address all the possible options.  This because every Thai Imm Office has slightly (or sometimes even major) different requirements as well as pertaining to the specific evidence that Immi Office requires from the applicant to meets those requirements.  And on top of that, the Imm Office requirements are not 'cast in stone' but at some Imm Offices are frequently changed/amended (e.g. a New boss wanting it 'his way')..   

So to provide fully correct and applicant-specific advice, this means that in practice the applicant would

1 - First have to provide all the necessary details of his personal situation (age, nationality, marriage, Thai children, date of Permission to stay, etc.) 

2 - Have to get hold of and provide the requirements document for the scenario (Visa-application / 1-year extension + purpose  < marriage / retirement / other >) he will be applying for at the Imm Office where he resides. 

And in cases where the Imm Office does not have such a requirements document, it would be a matter of getting in touch with others that have applied for the same scenario at that same Imm Office.

Note: And of course when browsing the Forum for advice or posting a thread to get hold of the relevant information, you will often be put on the 'wrong leg' by some of the well-meant advice of posters, that are not aware that the local Imm Office requirements of THEIR Imm Office pertaining to THEIR specific situation, are not universal. 

In view of the above, it is only natural that the SAME questions and requests for information pop-up time and again on the Visa sub-forum, as each applicant's situation is different and each Imm Office has its own requirements. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I have been led to believe that this can be a week old, as some banks (Bkk Bank) take that long to get a 12 month statement from Head Office.

An updated book, with a transaction on the same day is the usual way round this.

51 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I have been led to believe that this can be a week old, as some banks (Bkk Bank) take that long to get a 12 month statement from Head Office.

An updated book, with a transaction on the same day is the usual way round this.

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

At my Sisaket Imm Office evidence of having met the financial requirements for the 1-year extension application based on a Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, consist of providing 3 documents:

#1 - A bank-account statement issued on the date of application for the 1-year extension application,

printed on Bank-letterhead paper, and stating that the account is on your personal name only and providing the updated balance of that account on the day of issuance (which must be above +800.000 THB);

#2 - A recent document issued by the bank, listing all transactions made on that account over the last 12 months, showing that during those 12 months you never slipped under the 800K and 400K tressholds. 

Note: Some bank-branches (e.g. Bangkok Bank) only have access to the last 6 months of the transactions you made during the preceding period, and hence need to order the 12-month bank-transactions document at Headquarters, which can take up to 5 working days before it is available at the local branche.  So you need to   'order' that 12-month statement 1 week in advance to ensure that it is available for pick-up at date of application for your 1-year extension.

As Immigration is aware of that limitation they do not require that that document was issued by the Bank on the date of application for your 1-year extension.  Also, if you have a Fixed Deposit Account with Kasikorn Bank, the small transaction you need to make on date of application for your 1-year extension, will not show yet on the 12-month overview that the Bank will create on date of application. 

> And hence Immigration also requires that you bring with you:

#3 - Your bank-account passbook featuring the small transaction you made on date of application. 

Note: Some Imm Offices instead of #2 (the 12-month bank-transactions document) still only require copies of all pages in your Bank-account passbook covering the last 12 months. 

But if your Bank consolidated the transactions when you did not regularly update your Bank-account passbook, Immigration will not be able to check whether you did not slip under the required tressholds during such 'consolidation period' and hence several Imm Offices (like mine) now require the 12-month bank-transactions document. 

8 hours ago, Des1 said:

I'm certainly no expert but I did apply at CW for a non-imm O yesterday (Oct.11). I'll give you a rundown. Even though my situation is quite different from yours you might find a couple of things helpful.

I decided to get my bank statement (800,000bt in my account) in the morning before going to CW. Then do a transaction and update my bankbook. The Bangkok Bank branch I visited was not really familiar with the requirements so it was handy that I had a printout of the Immigration information sheet in English AND Thai. I thought that was all I needed. Wrong. I goofed and it cost me some time at CW. They ask for "Evidence" of foreign currency transfers. My bank book clearly shows FTT so I though that would be ok. No. They want a printout of the actual transactions. There IS a Bangkok Bank branch at CW, one floor down. They can do it providing the transactions were in the last three months. It was fast and no charge. So I got lucky there.

I have read that some Immigration offices (Pattaya?) were saying 800,000bt funds must be in the bank account for two months before applying for a non-imm O. I had no issue with that at CW yesterday.

Also, when I look at the requirements for getting a "O" version it does not mention retirement, just visiting family etc., for retirement "OA" is needed (but I want to avoid the insurance issue). When I filled out the TM.87 form is asks for a reason and I said Retirement. As I understand it this is important.. because when you apply for a one year extension, it must be for the same reason as the original application. Does this sound right? Anyway, they did not question me about it.

My situation is different from yours in that I have had a Thai bank account for many years. When I left Thailand this last trip (returning in 3 months) I signed a one year lease on a condo, because i really like the place. My girlfriend stayed in it while I was away. So, easy for me to show a lease agreement and get a TM30.

I also provided a hand drawn map of my condo location, not sure if it was needed but she took it.

I was told to return Oct.26 to get my passport stamped. I think she told me to go to a diierent section (not C ) to get this done. Can anyone provide info on this? Thanks!

I hope this can help you a bit.

Interesting that Immigration wants "Evidence" of the foreign bank transfers. Was that one single document? What did Bangkok Bank branch CW give you exactly? I have a USD account so thankfully there are not loads of transactions on that account... they occasional conversion to Baht is about it.

What did the CW branch of Bangkok bank exactly give you? A one page document? Puzzled.

For the financial documentation what do they want? I"m guessing this official document showing the account is in your name and balance as of the date the document was generated.. plus this "Evidence" document showing the foriegn bank wires into your account? Puzzled.

Edited by likerdup1

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

At my Sisaket Imm Office evidence of having met the financial requirements for the 1-year extension application based on a Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, consist of providing 3 documents:

#1 - A bank-account statement issued on the date of application for the 1-year extension application,

printed on Bank-letterhead paper, and stating that the account is on your personal name only and providing the updated balance of that account on the day of issuance (which must be above +800.000 THB);

#2 - A recent document issued by the bank, listing all transactions made on that account over the last 12 months, showing that during those 12 months you never slipped under the 800K and 400K tressholds. 

Note: Some bank-branches (e.g. Bangkok Bank) only have access to the last 6 months of the transactions you made during the preceding period, and hence need to order the 12-month bank-transactions document at Headquarters, which can take up to 5 working days before it is available at the local branche.  So you need to   'order' that 12-month statement 1 week in advance to ensure that it is available for pick-up at date of application for your 1-year extension.

As Immigration is aware of that limitation they do not require that that document was issued by the Bank on the date of application for your 1-year extension.  Also, if you have a Fixed Deposit Account with Kasikorn Bank, the small transaction you need to make on date of application for your 1-year extension, will not show yet on the 12-month overview that the Bank will create on date of application. 

> And hence Immigration also requires that you bring with you:

#3 - Your bank-account passbook featuring the small transaction you made on date of application. 

Note: Some Imm Offices instead of #2 (the 12-month bank-transactions document) still only require copies of all pages in your Bank-account passbook covering the last 12 months. 

But if your Bank consolidated the transactions when you did not regularly update your Bank-account passbook, Immigration will not be able to check whether you did not slip under the required tressholds during such 'consolidation period' and hence several Imm Offices (like mine) now require the 12-month bank-transactions document. 

This is for the extension so fortunately I won't need all this 12 month official transactions document from BKK bank until next year if I choose to get another extension of stay.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Interesting that Immigration wants "Evidence" of the foreign bank transfers. Was that one single document? What did Bangkok Bank branch CW give you exactly? I have a USD account so thankfully there are not loads of transactions on that account... they occasional conversion to Baht is about it.

What did the CW branch of Bangkok bank exactly give you? A one page document? Puzzled.

For the financial documentation what do they want? Copies of all pages of the bank book? Plus a document showing the balance plus this "Evidence" document showing the foriegn bank wires into your account? Puzzled.

The codes besides the transfers on your Bank-account Passbook (or the codes on the funds-transfers overview that your Bank can provide you - see my previous post) will indicate whether the transfer was 'domestic' or 'originating from abroad'. 

Note that when you used WISE to do the transfer(s), the code will turn up as 'domestic' and you would need to bring also the WISE transaction statement which will show that the transfer(s) originated from abroad.  That WISE transaction statement is accepted by most Imm Offices as evidence that the funds indeed originated from abroad.

Edited by Red Phoenix

18 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

For the financial documentation what do they want? Copies of all pages of the bank book? Plus a document showing the balance plus this "Evidence" document showing the foriegn bank wires into your account? Puzzled.

The exact wording on the information sheet: "Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand." Bangkok Bank at CW understood that I needed the actual transaction record from their system. If you did the full 800,000bt in one transaction then it will be one sheet. Just showing them the foreign transfer code in your bank book will not be accepted. So you will need two documents from the bank 1/ Deposit Certificate from the bank confirming your account name and balance. It must be in Thai language, Attention: Immigration Officer 2/ The actual foreign currency transaction from your bank. And yes, they want copies of all pages of your bank book including your name on the first page.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

This is for the extension so fortunately I won't need all this 12 month official transactions document from BKK bank until next year if I choose to get another extension of stay.

Actually you would need to provide the evidence of meeting the financial requirements already in 2-3 months during the last month of the 90-day Non Imm O Visa Permission to stay, when you have to apply for your first 1-year extension of stay

Obviously you would only have to provide evidence of having met the requirements for the 2 months preceding your application, consisting of

#1 - a bank-account statement printed on letterhead-paper of your Bank, stating that you are the sole owner of that personal bank-account, and also providing the balance (+800K) on the moment of issuance, of that statement, which has to be on the date of application for your 1-year extension of stay application;

#2 - your Bank Pass-book updated on the day of application - preferably with a small transaction done on that day - and copies of the transactions made during the 2 months preceding the day of application and showing that you never slipped under +800K during that period.

> Depending on your Imm Office they might also require you to provide a transactions-overview by your Bank over those 2 months (which basically provides the exact same information as your Bank Pass-book). However, such transactions-overview is not (yet) required at CW.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Des1 said:

The exact wording on the information sheet: "Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand." Bangkok Bank at CW understood that I needed the actual transaction record from their system. If you did the full 800,000bt in one transaction then it will be one sheet. Just showing them the foreign transfer code in your bank book will not be accepted. So you will need two documents from the bank 1/ Deposit Certificate from the bank confirming your account name and balance. It must be in Thai language, Attention: Immigration Officer 2/ The actual foreign currency transaction from your bank. And yes, they want copies of all pages of your bank book including your name on the first page.

The credit advice document for the transfer (which your bank can provide) has all the relevant information in one place.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

The credit advice document for the transfer (which your bank can provide) has all the relevant information in one place.

Interesting. They call this a "credit advice" document. I thought my local bank finance manager was the one to give me credit advice ????

Edited by likerdup1

13 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Actually you would need to provide the evidence of meeting the financial requirements already in 2-3 months during the last month of the 90-day Non Imm O Visa Permission to stay, when you have to apply for your first 1-year extension of stay

Obviously you would only have to provide evidence of having met the requirements for the 2 months preceding your application, consisting of

#1 - a bank-account statement printed on letterhead-paper of your Bank, stating that you are the sole owner of that personal bank-account, and also providing the balance (+800K) on the moment of issuance, of that statement, which has to be on the date of application for your 1-year extension of stay application;

#2 - your Bank Pass-book updated on the day of application - preferably with a small transaction done on that day - and copies of the transactions made during the 2 months preceding the day of application and showing that you never slipped under +800K during that period.

> Depending on your Imm Office they might also require you to provide a transactions-overview by your Bank over those 2 months (which basically provides the exact same information as your Bank Pass-book). However, such transactions-overview is not (yet) required at CW.

Thanks, yes I figured that but I appreciate the detailed information. I've been through this process already during my last stay for 4 years. I did 3 extensions and thankfully it's pretty straightforward and easy compared to the Initial Non Imm O for retirement application .. at least in my experience with the "dragon lady" of Jomtien Soi 5

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

The codes besides the transfers on your Bank-account Passbook (or the codes on the funds-transfers overview that your Bank can provide you - see my previous post) will indicate whether the transfer was 'domestic' or 'originating from abroad'. 

Note that when you used WISE to do the transfer(s), the code will turn up as 'domestic' and you would need to bring also the WISE transaction statement which will show that the transfer(s) originated from abroad.  That WISE transaction statement is accepted by most Imm Offices as evidence that the funds indeed originated from abroad.

Thanks, I use Bangkok bank and USD wire transfers from the USA so I'll probably get the "credit advice" document at the CW Bangkok Bank branch as it seems they have loads of experience giving out the required documents for Immigration at that facility.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, here is what I have gathered I'll need for my case in applying for a Non Imm O Visa or the purpose of retirement at Bangkok's Chang Wattana Govt Facility Immigration Department.

Check list for Non Imm O for purpose of retirement (tourist visa conversion)

APPLICATION FORM:
TM86 form filled out (with recent passport style photo pasted on it)

PASSPORT COPIES
copy of Passport Bio Page
copy of tourist visa/entry stamp

(I'll bring my tourist e-visa copy just for good measure)

RESIDENCY CONFIRMATION:
TM30 form from serviced apartment
Lease/Receipt type document confirming residency there.
Possibly copies of owners Thai ID front and back with signatures (will get just in case)

Possibly hand drawn "location map"

BANK DOCS: (docs to be acquired on same day of application)

Deposit Certificate document confirming name and balance of the account IN THAI LANGUAGE (must be at least USD equivalent of 800K THB at time of application)

Credit Advice Document ( Attention: Immigration Officer confirming foreign currency transfers into the account)

Bank book copies (in my case USD account book)

FEE

2000 Baht.

NOTE: ALL COPIED PAGES SIGNED

Have I missed anything?

Thanks to all for the help!! I sure appreciate it. And perhaps anyone else wanting a Non O retirement visa will appreciate this information

Edited by likerdup1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

So, here is what I have gathered I'll need for my case in applying for a Non Imm O Visa or the purpose of retirement

APPLICATION FORM:

PASSPORT COPIES
copy of tourist visa/entry stamp,

RESIDENCY CONFIRMATION:
Possibly copies of owners Thai ID front and back with signatures (will get just in case)

BANK DOCS:

Deposit Certificate document confirming name and balance of the account IN THAI LANGUAGE

Credit Advice Document ( Attention: Immigration Officer confirming foreign currency transaction(s))

FEE

2000 Baht.

Looks pretty complete to me, and you should have no problem when applying at CW for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, with all the above. 

Success!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

Looks pretty complete to me, and you should have no problem when applying at CW for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, with all the above. 

Success!

Thanks to you and Dr. Jack for the help!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, likerdup1 said:

So, here is what I have gathered I'll need for my case in applying for a Non Imm O Visa or the purpose of retirement at Bangkok's Chang Wattana Govt Facility Immigration Department.

APPLICATION FORM:

PASSPORT COPIES

RESIDENCY CONFIRMATION:

Deposit Certificate document confirming name and balance of the account IN THAI LANGUAGE (must be at least USD equivalent of 800K THB at time of application)

Credit Advice Document ( Attention: Immigration Officer confirming foreign currency transfers into the account)

FEE

2000 Baht.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks to all for the help!! I sure appreciate it. And perhaps anyone else wanting a Non O retirement visa will appreciate this information

... and a passport size photo.

2 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

APPLICATION FORM:

PASSPORT COPIES

RESIDENCY CONFIRMATION:

FEE

2000 Baht.

Have I missed anything?

ooops, I see you included that. sorry

On 10/13/2023 at 9:50 AM, Red Phoenix said:

Success!

I was talking to another expat friend, she might confusing something but mentioned a criminal check? I don't see anything about this mentioned in the requirements. And nobody had mentioned it so far on this thread. Is  maybe this is only for Non OA? I think she is confusing the Non O-A with the Non O.. Non O-A looks to require it.. but just checking.. by now you guys now I'm ultra detail oriented about this stuff... I want to make one visit to CW for the Non O retirement

Edited by likerdup1

26 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

I was talking to another expat friend, she might confusing something but mentioned a criminal check? I don't see anything about this mentioned in the requirements. And nobody had mentioned it so far on this thread. Is  maybe this is only for Non OA? I think she is confusing the Non O-A with the Non O.. Non O-A looks to require it.. but just checking.. by now you guys now I'm ultra detail oriented about this stuff... I want to make one visit to CW for the Non O retirement

There is no requirement for a criminal records check when applying for a Non O visa (whatever the category).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There is no requirement for a criminal records check when applying for a Non O visa (whatever the category).

Yea, I see it's required for the Non O-A applied for outside of Thailand.. thanks kindly for the confirmation.

Edited by likerdup1

I'm at CW now. I have a USD account  Bangkok bank. That account has the equivalent of more than 800k thb ..I was told I couldn't get a credit advice document unless I transfered my the money into a regular Thai baht savings account.. I'm going to wait and see if immigration will accept my Non O retirement application with the documents I did get from BKK bank.. anyone have experience using a dollar account for proof of funds? I really don't fancy exchanging all my dollars into baht.

Edited by likerdup1