DIY Non O Visa for retirement document check list? Chang Wattana version please.

Sorry for any redundancy but I'll be doing a Visa for purpose of retirment (for the 4th time in 10 years) but this time at Chang Wattana. All previous times at Soi 5 Jomtien. I always do it myself DIY. I never use agents

Is there a document check list and requirements check list available somewhere.

I had heard no "seasoned" funds needed. I'll do an international bank xfer of the 800k THB in a few days then go next week to CW

Also I had heard that I can just use TM 30 from my hotel.

Also i understand that instead of an actual long term lease, documentation that I'm at a hotel is sufficient to get the intial Retirment Visa and 90 days permission to stay. I just explain to them I'm temporarily at a hotel. (all these things have been mentioned in previous posts I had read but just looking for confirmation.)

One other thing. There is a Bangkok Bank branch at the Change Wattana facility there? Hoping that is the case since I believe I could just get the required bank docs from that branch.

Any tips and especially a RECENT documents list and requirements check list would be greatly appreciated!!

thank you in advance to Thai Visa immigration experts here!

Please only experienced members reply with up to date and accurate information. Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by likerdup1
correction

20 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Any tips and especially a RECENT documents list and requirements check list would be greatly appreciated!!

When I go each year to do my Retirement Extension, I must show 800k in a Thai Bank in my name only, having been there for two months (sometimes 3) before the application, OR transfers of 65k each month  x 12, OR a combination of Bank deposit and transfers which add up to more than 800k. (Not all IOs accept this)

Also letters and statements for all pertinent accounts from each bank, copies of my Bank books which were updated ON THE APPLICATION DATE, copies of Passport pages showing Data, previous entries/visas etc. On yes, and the correct Form filled in plus Bht 1900. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

When I go each year to do my Retirement Extension, I must show 800k in a Thai Bank in my name only, having been there for two months (sometimes 3) before the application, OR transfers of 65k each month  x 12, OR a combination of Bank deposit and transfers which add up to more than 800k. (Not all IOs accept this)

Also letters and statements for all pertinent accounts from each bank, copies of my Bank books which were updated ON THE APPLICATION DATE, copies of Passport pages showing Data, previous entries/visas etc. On yes, and the correct Form filled in plus Bht 1900. 

Thanks for your reply but I'm asking about the initial Non O for the purpose of retirement. I can't get an permission to stay extension until I get the initial Non O for retirement. The extension will be done about 3 months later.

The process looks like this (the last time I applied)

1) Non O for the purpose of retirement application is submitted. Once approved Visa is given and an initial 90 days permission to stay.

2) After about 2/3 months an extension of stay can be applied for by returning to immigration and making an application. Once approved 1 year permission of stay is given.

3) Each year an application for another 1 year extension of stay can be made and if approved 1 year extension of permission to stay is then given.

I need to get an Initial Non O visa for the purpose of retirement then I'll be granted a 90 day permission of stay first.

This is what I am asking about.

It's my understanding funds DO NOT have to be in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to application for initial Non O .. experienced members please confirm as well as kindly supply a requirements/documents check list.

cheers!!

Edited by likerdup1

To apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement at the Imm Office of the province where you are residing.  

Note that you can only do such 'change of Visa' when having entered Thailand VisaExempt or on a Tourist Visa.

The requirements can be accessed on this website:

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=2537

And I have attached the current version of doing such 90-day Non Imm O Visa application for reason of RETIREMENT (which simply means that you need to be 50 years of age or older).

9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Here is useful link.

You should make and appointment.

For my most recent (few weeks ago) they wanted a TM47 receipt and I also provided bank statements.

The previous year they were not happy with just my bankbook and photocopies of pages..

Also very detailed list by @TallGuyJohninBKK.

Thanks but please NOTE:

I CANNOT APPLY FOR AN EXTENSION OF STAY YET! One can only do this AFTER applying for and being granted this INITIAL NON-O VISA FOR THE PURPOSE OR RETIREMENT.

I NEED INFORMATION ABOUT REQUIREMENTS AND DOCS FOR THE INITIAL NON O FOR THE PURPOSE OF RETIREMENT.

sorry for all the caps but it doesn't seem that my OP is being understood.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

To apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement at the Imm Office of the province where you are residing.  

Note that you can only do such 'change of Visa' when having entered Thailand VisaExempt or on a Tourist Visa.

The requirements can be accessed on this website:

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=2537

And I have attached the current version of doing such 90-day Non Imm O Visa application for reason of RETIREMENT (which simply means that you need to be 50 years of age or older).

9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf 254.11 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you kindly. I am on a tourist visa 60 day permission to stay right now. I'll do the conversion paper work yes.

Please confirm. I will NOT need to have had the 800k funds in the bank for 2 months prior as is required for the extension of stay permission correct?

Edited by likerdup1

2 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Thank you kindly. I am on a tourist visa 60 day permission to stay right now. I'll do the conversion paper work yes.

The application needs to be done when you still have at least 15 days left on your Permission to stay of the 60-days you were stamped when you entered Thailand on your Tourist Visa.  

Note that when using the 'funds-in-bank' method that the +800.000 THB on your personal Thai Bank-account (with foreign origins proven), only needs to be there at moment of application.  

Feel free to ask questions on aspects which are not clear for you re he application process, and on which you like to receive additional information for your situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

The application needs to be done when you still have at least 15 days left on your Permission to stay of the 60-days you were stamped when you entered Thailand on your Tourist Visa.  

Note that when using the 'funds-in-bank' method that the +800.000 THB on your personal Thai Bank-account (with foreign origins proven), only needs to be there at moment of application.  

Feel free to ask questions on aspects which are not clear for you re he application process, and on which you like to receive additional information for your situation.

Excellent, thank you for your very clear advice and information.

Regarding "section 38" residency. I'm in a hotel long term right now. I was told on this board some months ago that some kind of documentation from the hotel would be sufficient and to explain to the IO at time of submission that I'm in the process of getting long term residence. A

Any advice on this residency part of the requirements?

again thank you for your well informed advice.

30 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

NEED INFORMATION ABOUT REQUIREMENTS AND DOCS FOR THE INITIAL NON O FOR THE PURPOSE OF RETIREMENT.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1297092-non-o-visa-retirement-purpose/ 

Here is a thread that also has several links to other threads.

Do you have Thai bank account in your name only.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1292470-applying-for-non-o-visa/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1297092-non-o-visa-retirement-purpose/ 

Here is a thread that also has several links to other threads.

Do you have Thai bank account in your name only.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1292470-applying-for-non-o-visa/

Yes, I've used Bangkok bank for about 10 years now. I have a USD account and will xfer USD to it for the application. I've done 3 NON O  visas for retirement in the past but using the afadavit method in the past.

Does the Chang Wattana building have a Bangkok Bank branch? Would they be able to issue me all the required financial docs for the application?

Edited by likerdup1

25 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Excellent, thank you for your very clear advice and information.

Regarding "section 38" residency. I'm in a hotel long term right now. I was told on this board some months ago that some kind of documentation from the hotel would be sufficient and to explain to the IO at time of submission that I'm in the process of getting long term residence. A

Any advice on this residency part of the requirements?

again thank you for your well informed advice.

Yes, there have been several reports that CW does accept a statement from the Hotel where you are currently staying, that you will be staying there longer term while you are searching for a longer-term residence in the Bangkok area.

Note that once you moved to a new location, that the local Imm Office needs to be notified within 24 hours of your arrival that you are staying there > TM-30 notification with accompagning evidence (e.g. rental agreement, owner/landlord-signed copy of the housebook, and signed front/back copy of the owner/landlord's Thai ID-card).  

Although most Imm Offices are lenient with the '24 hours' rule (which is meant mainly for hotels/guesthouses), it is recommended that you do it in first week after having moved, and best to do it in person to avoid any hick-ups with that official change of address.  

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Yes. 

As you will see in previous posts you require to have 15+ days remaining on your entry stamp to apply for the non O.

You require 800k in bank on day of application.

The bank can provide bank letter on day of application.

A small deposit on day of application is good idea

OK, great this is all becoming clear.

I understand that the hotels or other accommodations that use the online TM30 website will be able to print out a TM30 doc for me to submit with the application.. does sound correct? Should I be able to ask the hotel to print me out a TM30? I am guessing this is something the website they use will supply when submitting guest/tenant residency at the given accomodation.

Thanks Red Phoenix for all the solid information.

Another request.. Has anyone generated a "fillable" TM86 PDF? would be nice to be able to fill it out on the computer rather than print it out and then scribble with my bad hand writing ????

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. 

As you will see in previous posts you require to have 15+ days remaining on your entry stamp to apply for the non O.

You require 800k in bank on day of application.

The bank can provide bank letter on day of application.

A small deposit on day of application is good idea 

Here is link for appointment.

Make sure you make hard copy of confirmation email

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=20131

I'm so disappointed, the appointment link throws an error!! Does it work for you?

29 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

I understand that the hotels or other accommodations that use the online TM30 website will be able to print out a TM30 doc for me to submit with the application.. does sound correct? Should I be able to ask the hotel to print me out a TM30?

Yes prior to check in ask hotel if they can they give you screenshot of TM30.

3 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

It's my understanding funds DO NOT have to be in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to application for initial Non O .. experienced members please confirm as well as kindly supply a requirements/documents check list.

Your understanding on funds seasoning is correct (according to the official rules). That applies to Chaengwattana. Ask the bank for a credit advice from your transfer as the officials will want to see incontrovertible evidence that the funds came from abroad.

There are no changes to the document requirements compared to the past, except that they are much more likely to want to see evidence of the TM30 notification. You explain that you are staying temporarily in the hotel while seeking a permanent place to stay.

[A very few immigration offices can have non standard requirements, such as funds seasoning, or may even refuse to accept an application at all, especially if you live a long way from the immigration office.]

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If you enter visa exempt you use TM87.

Enter Tourist visa you use TM86

Yes, I understand the difference thank you and I will be using a TM86

What I am asking for is a "FILLABLE" TM86. . It is a PDF form which allows all the blanks to be filled out ON THE COMPUTER FIRST. Then once it's all filled out  you print it and it looks very good and professional.. not just hand written..

Edited by likerdup1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Let me check.

Wait I recall the link was down few weeks ago.

If they don't fix it just do a walk in.

Wow, walk in for a retirement visa.. Hopefully the lines not to bad for that desk.

55 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

... I will be using a TM86

What I am asking for is a "FILLABLE" TM86. . It is a PDF form which allows all the blanks to be filled out ON THE COMPUTER FIRST. Then once it's all filled out  you print it and it looks very good and professional.. not just hand written..

Here you go > downloaded from https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=3202

TM 86 - Application for change of Visa - 19.คำขอเปลี่ยนประเภทการตรวจลงตรา-ตม.86.doc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

OK, great this is all becoming clear.

I understand that the hotels or other accommodations that use the online TM30 website will be able to print out a TM30 doc for me to submit with the application.. does sound correct? Should I be able to ask the hotel to print me out a TM30? I am guessing this is something the website they use will supply when submitting guest/tenant residency at the given accomodation.

Hi likerdup1.

As I wrote earlier:

Yes, there have been several reports that CW does accept a statement from the Hotel where you are currently staying, that you will be staying there longer term while you are searching for a long-term residence in the Bangkok area.

But indeed when applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa at CW you should ON TOP of the above statement ALSO bring a copy of the on-line TM-30 notification with you, that your Hotel did when you checked-in there stating that you - a foreigner - is residing at their premises. On simple request from your part, your Hotel will be able to provide you with a copy of that TM-30 notification.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Hi likerdup1.

As I wrote earlier:

Yes, there have been several reports that CW does accept a statement from the Hotel where you are currently staying, that you will be staying there longer term while you are searching for a long-term residence in the Bangkok area.

But indeed when applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa at CW you should ON TOP of the above statement ALSO bring a copy of the on-line TM-30 notification with you, that your Hotel did when you checked-in there stating that you - a foreigner - is residing at their premises. On simple request from your part, your Hotel will be able to provide you with a copy of that TM-30 notification.

How is this generally done? Does the website they use provide a printable document to give to the customers/guests? Does the website they use allow them a way to print out a TM30 form filled out to give to their guests for the purpose of presenting to Immigration?

Incidentally, as of today,  I'll be out of the hotel and into a serviced apartment by the time I get around to going to CW for the application submission. The serviced apartment looks to be using the website also (fortunately the online service looks to be widely used by all the places hosting us foreigners)

Edited by likerdup1
  • Haha 1

If anyone ever needed an agent it's the OP. He's proudly done a non-immigrant O visa 3 times already and nothing has changed since last application but he has a thousand questions lol

Good luck to you but you are way over thinking this. Copy of Passport, tourist visa/entry stamp, TM30, bank statement, bank book copies, TM86 form and 2000 Baht. Job done.

Edited by Pattaya57

50 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

How is this generally done? Does the website they use provide a printable document to give to the customers/guests? Does the website they use allow them a way to print out a TM30 form filled out to give to their guests for the purpose of presenting to Immigration?

Incidentally, as of today,  I'll be out of the hotel and into a serviced apartment by the time I get around to going to CW for the application submission. The serviced apartment looks to be using the website also (fortunately the online service looks to be widely used by all the places hosting us foreigners)

Your first 2 questions = YES. As good as all Hotels/Guesthouses did register their premises on the on-line TM30 website, which allows them to notify local immigration of any foreigners staying at their premises (as required by Thai law).  That website does allow the Hotel/Guesthouse to make a print out of the TM-30 notification they did, as their guests tha need an Immigration service have to present to the local Imm Office evidence of the place where they are staying.

= = =

Note that when you are not staying at the Hotel anymore at the time of application for your 90-day Non Imm O Visa application, and are now renting/leasing an apartment, that you would need now a TM-30 of you staying at that new place. And on top of a copy of the TM-30 notification (done on-line or a signed paper-copy), you will also need a copy of the rental agreement and a signed front/back copy of the Thai ID-card of the owner/landlord of those premises.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Your first 2 questions = YES. As good as all Hotels/Guesthouses did register their premises on the on-line TM30 website, which allows them to notify local immigration of any foreigners staying at their premises (as required by Thai law).  That website does allow the Hotel/Guesthouse to make a print out of the TM-30 notification they did, as their guests tha need an Immigration service have to present to the local Imm Office evidence of the place where they are staying.

= = =

Note that when you are not staying at the Hotel anymore at the time of application for your 90-day Non Imm O Visa application, and are now renting/leasing an apartment, that you would need now a TM-30 of you staying at that new place. And on top of a copy of the TM-30 notification (done on-line or a signed paper-copy), you will also need a copy of the rental agreement and a signed front/back copy of the Thai ID-card of the owner/landlord of those premises.  

OK, good to know. This new place is a serviced apartment and does short term to long term stays. I will not be signing a lease with them but will be paying for a month stay up front. The 40 unit building has one owner. Not sure exactly how it will work but the manager seems to fairly clued into what immigration needs/wants. As usual I'll get as much paper work as I can .. be prepared with as much documentation as possible...

• Like 1