DIY Non O Visa for retirement document check list? Chang Wattana version please.

my documents were accepted and I was told to return in 2 weeks for the  "result".. what do you think my chances are of being issued the Visa stamp? when they accept the documents does that more or less mean that I'll be given the visa? I've always done these in Pattaya... there when they accept the documents they keep the passport and ask to return the next day with a stamp in your Visa. if the dragon Lady didn't get the docs she wanted you'd know about it before he even paid the visa fee..

Edited by likerdup1

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

99.99%. In the remaining 0.01% of cases, Immigration will phone you and indicate what you need to do to fix the problem.

cheers, thanks for taking the time to answer. Very much appreciated.

On 10/13/2023 at 9:01 AM, likerdup1 said:

Interesting. They call this a "credit advice" document. I thought my local bank finance manager was the one to give me credit advice ????

I found that "credit advice" term confusing as well.

On 10/19/2023 at 12:55 PM, likerdup1 said:

my documents were accepted and I was told to return in 2 weeks for the  "result".. what do you think my chances are of being issued the Visa stamp? when they accept the documents does that more or less mean that I'll be given the visa? I've always done these in Pattaya... there when they accept the documents they keep the passport and ask to return the next day with a stamp in your Visa. if the dragon Lady didn't get the docs she wanted you'd know about it before he even paid the visa fee..

I just returned to CW today to get my non-imm O visa stamp..she took my passport, said come back in an hour, so I did.lol No questions, everything was ok. I think you are right, once you have been approved in the original process, this last step is a breeze.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 3:52 PM, Des1 said:

I just returned to CW today to get my non-imm O visa stamp..she took my passport, said come back in an hour, so I did.lol No questions, everything was ok. I think you are right, once you have been approved in the original process, this last step is a breeze.

Same experience for me. I returned and got the Non-O stamp with no problem. Once papers are accepted pretty much guaranteed the "result" will be a stamp in your passport.

A side note. This "credit advice" document IS NOT NECESSARY IF YOU SHOW YOUR MONEY IN A FOREIGN CURRENCY ACCOUNT! FYI, to moderators. My experience is that Bangkok Bank cannot issue a "credit advice" document for a FCA. The money being in foreign currency and transfers being shown on the account along with the name confirmation official letter is considered acceptable. Anyone using a foreign currency account to show the 800k equivalent will not need the "credit advice" doc nor can you be issued one. (at least by BKK bank) Just the letters of account name confirmation and last several months transactions is sufficient.

Edited by likerdup1

I will be returning to get my extension now that the Non-O stamp has been issued.

Question: I have not nailed down a long term residence in Bangkok yet. Still trying out some places on a month to month basis. Is this a concern at Chang Wattana Division 1 for the extension at desk L? I will be going to the L desk for my retirement visa extension.

Will they accept a hotel TM-30 along with invoice and receipts or a serviced apartment invoice/receipts?

Edited by likerdup1