Website of Belgian Thai Embassy hacked?

Almost 3 weeks ago already when opening the website of the Thai Embassy in Brussels < https://www.thaiembassy.be/ >, after a few moments a message appeared  that your browser needs updating.  And when doing so you had to download a file which contains a TROJAN virus. 

It seems they are aware of the problem as the site is currently still not accessible and features a message that it is undergoing "temporary website maintenance". 

Thais and IT > a deadly combination!

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Like 2

Seeing as they have posted email addresses for assistance for Thais, legalisation and Thai passports not too onerous a task to email them if needed.

Also they don't accept visa applications at that embassy, it has to be done via the evisa system.

So all in all, it really should not affect you at all?

Edited by bigt3116
add info

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thais and IT > a deadly combination!

The French and IT are an equally deadly combination IMHO - in their infinite wisdom they decided to take their Bangkok Embassy website down for supposed "maintenance" all day on Saturday at precisely the time I needed to download info from it in connection with a Schengen visa application for my Thai wife! ????

4 minutes ago, OJAS said:

The French and IT are an equally deadly combination IMHO - in their infinite wisdom they decided to take their Bangkok Embassy website down for supposed "maintenance" all day on Saturday at precisely the time I needed to download info from it in connection with a Schengen visa application for my Thai wife! ????

I agree, they should have consulted you first about when they are allowed to do maintenance on their website

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I agree, they should have consulted you first about when they are allowed to do maintenance on their website

Yep, the French doing maintenance on their Bangkok embassy website is something to be fulsomely praised to the highest heavens as being the very best thing since sliced bread.

Whereas the Thais likewise doing maintenance on their Brussels website is, in the other hand, to be roundly condemned in the strongest terms.

Right?

Edited by OJAS

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

That is irritating, but much less bad than a hacked website. In this kind of situation, note that you can usually access a fairly recent version of the website using https://archive.org.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

....and don't forget the Dutch government, the same sh*t