Shingrix (shingles vaccine) available in Thailand now

Polar Bear

5 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I never mentioned I am 76 and don't thank me I just pass on information. Hope you are well.

But still, thank you, because I don´t had the information:-). I am 66 so I guess it is a good idea for me to take the vaccine.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya today and asked about Shingrix.  They have it, but they are asking 7,550 for the vaccine plus 330 for the hospital fee and 600 for the doctor fee (total: 8,480).  I am not a person who generally feels their prices are too high (as others on this forum do), but this really seems too high to me.  I also had to explain to them that two shots were necessary (the lady obviously knew nothing about that).

Does anyone know another place in the Pattaya area that might be cheaper?  Do we think the price may come down in time?

On 11/9/2023 at 5:51 PM, Sheryl said:

Can't say re Pattaya but yoy can get it for  5,590 baht here  in Bangkok https://www.medconsultasia.com/vaccinations/

Or 5,199 here 

https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/cost.html

In case anyone is deciding between these two, there is no real price difference. MedConsult lists the total price. TTC is the vaccine price, but you have to add the hospital fee, doctor fee, vaccine fee and whatever else on, and in the end, there's only about 50 THB difference between them.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 3:44 PM, Crazy Noobie said:

Yes, I know that Ram Hospital has it, at their Check-In Clinic for 6500 baht per shot. I am going there tomorrow for my shot.

I went to Chiang Mai Ram Health Center (not the hospital itself) this morning and got the Shingrix vaccine. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes, total cost 7112 Bt. Will get the second shot in March. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 1:43 PM, Sheryl said:
On 10/20/2023 at 11:19 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

For anyone who's had shingles, and then had Shingrix, is it worth it? Will it reduce shingles occurrences to near zero?

I have had the other Shingles vaccine (Zostervax) about 3.5 years ago  and it only helped a little I think.

1. Absolutely worth it.

2. Reduces occurrence of  both shingles and post-herpetic neuralgia (a complication which can be permanent)  by over 90%. Almost double the effectiveness of Zostavax.

Listen to this lady ,SHERYL - ALWAYS! She is absolutely right on this ,as she has been on every other medical issue I’ve raised in past decade. The ubonjoe (RIP) of the medical forum! 
I had my first Shingrix dose free a few months ago on NHS because I was on a uk visit . They told me cost to NHS was over £100 but deemed worth it. Second dose (because you have to wait 2 months) I got in Korat St. Mary’s (5500 for vaccination plus 600 for doctors fees etc) . Having researched it it is a miserably uncomfortable disease . I would definitely pay for both doses if I had to . No brainer !