Getting in an out of taxis

kingstonkid

At same height and 90kg have not had such issues (although each car will be a bit different).  Might be better if you use front seat and seatbelt?  Most taxi drivers will move seat back for you.  The only such issue I have had is some taxi (few off brands) have overhead pull above door which you can hit head on during travel if sit near door.  Front seat does remove that factor.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nikmar said:

im 6' 3   and getting older and not a problem for me. You just have to remember to keep your noggin down. 

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

At same height and 90kg have not had such issues (although each car will be a bit different).  Might be better if you use front seat and seatbelt?  Most taxi drivers will move seat back for you.  The only such issue I have had is some taxi (few off brands) have overhead pull above door which you can hit head on during travel if sit near door.  Front seat does remove that factor.

thanks

You are not the only one.

I cannot sit upright in Thai taxis. Ceiling too low.

Getting in is difficult,  getting out is torture.

I avoid them if possible. 

London cabs were much better,  but there service has been reduced, need advance booking, preferably one day.

Motorcycle is cramped, too, but I can at least sit upright.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The larger, more expensive cars (Camry, for example) have to be booked specifically, otherwise they send a taxi (Corolla) or an even smaller Grab Car.

There is indeed an option to book a larger car ( at slughtly  higher price) but my experience (in Bangkok) has been that booking regular I still often (not always) get SUV and rare to get car that is not larger/higher than a taxi.    

On 10/18/2023 at 10:51 PM, nikmar said:

im 6' 3   and getting older and not a problem for me. You just have to remember to keep your noggin down. 

I'm 6' 2" and I find it is a problem.  It feels like I am trying to crawl in and out of a 3 foot by 2 foot rectangular hole, when I get in and out of the door.    I don't recall bumping my head though.   It must be a funny sight seeing me do that. 

• Like 1